Norif I: The Lost Raven (WIP RPG Fantasy) Updated 7/24 in my last comment

For some reason that post made me think of the old movie ‘Joe’s Apartment’. XD

1 Like

This might be a pricey solution but a proper grammar checker works wonders XD https://www.grammarly.com/ .So far I like the premise and it seems you have an ideal of where you are going XD. On the stat selection a lot of people have a prefence of what type of character they wish to play and it seems off putting if we are not able to create that character. So maybe a point trade so we could move points from one attribute to another.

1 Like

@Shawn_Patrick_Reed
I may need to start compiling the game I guess maybe that will solve it.

@Jinx_the_Atomic_Cat
This game is under development so I realize there may be some problems, but just calling it buggy real does not help me fix the problems. If you would point out where the problems are I can address them.

@Pace675 I will be adding a place to adjust your stats before jumping into the game kinda think the goat test from Fallout. CSIDE has a spell check and I use it as much as possible but I am dyslexic and struggle with language, that is why I am always happy when you all point out spelling or grammar problems.

@everyone
I will finish the opening here in a week or two then focus on the battle system and all the problem code. Thanks

1 Like

Alright just concept thoughts. Have been thinking on how I can address the player being able to change stats. By the time you finish jumping through time you with lvl up.

Each time you lvl up you will be presented with points and choices where you can set the points. You will be abe to use these points on stats, skills, or weapons skill. Stats can not exceed 18, it will require special training or magic to raise above that mark. Weapon skill will not exceed 10 without magic.

There are many races in the game but the player will only able to play human, I think once it is discovered why they can only choose human will make a huge amount of sense, but must stay hush hush for now as it would be a spolier.

I will compile the next update in the hopes it plays better. Heading back out on the road for two week so progress is going to be slow. Plus, the close of the CScomp is coming soon and will be very busy. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Alright I have compiled what I have, not a update per say, but loads faster and seems to work better. I am hoping to have a few hours free tonight to work on an update, close to finishing the opening then can go back and work on all the code. In the meantime please let me know if you hit any bugs, thanks.

1 Like

I crammed tonight so bug city and some be gaps, but it passes quicktest and I have the general layout I need. So now you will go up a lvl, then pick flaws then bump up stats and weapon skills. I did upload but even with it complied it still takes time for the server to show the changes, more then likely late morning before it updates. It does have a lot of problems but pushing towards the end of the opening. I have a long list of changes, filler code that need to be completed, design changes, bug fixes that still need to be done. On top that I still need to finish the battle system which is a huge project in its self. No fears :smile: I am moving in the right direction and feel good so shall keep at it.

3 Likes

The update never did show from last time so have now fixed. Just a reminder the flaws section is incomplete. But for the most part you can adjust your stats. I still also need to code in the reset feature.

I am currently working on a very sizable update, of course the CScomp is coming to a close for the writer’s so I am going to get very busy. More then likely will not have this update done for a few weeks. On the list of updates.

Added two magical item
Adding all the plus type weapons, still need to create specialty types
Adding the closing two pages of the opening part of the game, these come after you adjust your stats.
Adding all 157 books to the store section for testing, I still need to write out roughly another 100 books as the first set mostly deal with your stats where the second set will bring your skills up.
You can now go to the shops from the main link so they can be tested
Fixing some grammar and a slew of bugs.

2 Likes

Still cranking away on this. Doing a complete rewrite of the battle system and making great deal of progress. The battle system core and an Inventory is really exciting, but someone else is writing this, do not want to steal their thunder as it is still in development. Just wanted to praise them for the work they are doing. :smile: The battle system is going to be generic in form for certain aspects as I really would like to put something up that others may find helpful and want to use and adapt it to their RPG type games. See so many great RPG type WIPs fail as the battle system and inventory can be very complex for a new user.

Once this is all up and running then will be adding in all the little things that I want lol.

Hope you all are well and writing. :wink:

6 Likes

Progress update only. So I am modding @CitizenShawn [Resource] Please Break/Test/MakeUseOf my "Simpler Inventory System!". I finally have it working up to the attack but currently writing all the shop code so you can buy and equip before the battle, just spent… I not sure how long I have been coding this tonight lol, lets just say it was a long time. I am very happy with the results, once I have the shops in then will load the monsters, only a few for testing can add the rest later, then back to making the system attack work. Have to still weave in magic but may do that during the attack process. Well off to bed, hope you all are well and writing. :smile:

4 Likes

It has been a long road getting this far in the project, five complete restarts, 75% of the original concept had to be dumped and was a constant battle with the battle system, pun intended. But thanks to @CitizenShawn and many others along the way I finally can see daylight coming throught the cracks of the battle system. Still a lot of work ahead but I have not fought this long to give up know.

The scope of the project is still very large and for a long time I felt this would be better suited to a group of writers, and with the success of some other team written projects I feel it is time to ask. This a general feeler to see if any rpg writers might want to team up and work on this project. I have a long list for the game but very open to new ideas, of course regardless of intrest or not I will still be here working on it lol. :smile:

3 Likes

I’m down to help with the story and, as always, the mechanics. I’m an “RPG System” geek at heart, and I love rules and mechanics!

1 Like

I’ll start a pm thread tonight so we can share ideas and work out details, if we have any others that want to jion in then I can add them later. Off to bed for now.

1 Like

Alright we changed the title a little to close to Ravenloft the DnD game. Shawn is busy working on the advanced inventory system while I cleanup the opening. We will be doing a lot of testing and changing but once we’re happy will post so no update date at this time but will be pushing hard to get this critter up. :grin:

*Edit finally have all the elments in for the ending but still needs a lot of work going to wait to upload until we have the bugs worked out and have the inventory system in place, on the bright side I broke 50k tonight on the story.

3 Likes

Trying to find a fantasy RPG type word to replace ‘genetic re-sequencing’.

Trait moulding? Speciescraft? Is that the sort of phrase you had in mind, or something along other lines?

(Desperately resisting suggesting ‘Mendelblot’)

1 Like

Fall back on the fantasy spell-sequencing ← there you go: spell sequencing.

I really should have been a ghost writer, huh? :wink:

1 Like

I always liked the term Shaping for this, as used by the rpg series Geneforge.

2 Likes

Thank you all for your wonderful imput as always i really loved the ideas but think I will go with @FairyGodfeather suggestion. How does racial reshaping sound?

I wouldn’t use the word racial.

(I changed the title since you were briefly The Lost Rave, which would be a different type of story) :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Hmmm… ok will have think on it as serval races DNA where used in the potion.