RATiO: The Seraphica -- LAST UPDATED: 6/22/18 (WIP)

So, whenever I choose Kitsune as one of the creatures to study, it doesn’t show up in the codex.

Edit: Oh, and the highest score I got with Jamie was 74. That was after the MC had a crush on him as a kid, told him about it at the party, told him she still liked him, brought him to Nena’s, and told him about her power.

Edit 2: Is it possible for the MC to tell Jamie she wants him for breakfast in a flirty way? He always interprets it as cannibalism. :frowning:

Woooot! Yassss, an update.

Will we be able to eventually hunt all the creatures in the codex?

Cause having so much information without it actually being relevant makes it a bit useless.

1 Like

I’d like to meet some of the more benevolent or morally ambiguous ones in the codex, too, like the kitsune and the fae. :slight_smile:

Edit: How often will we get it upgrade our skills and traits? And since we can only have 6 perks, what happens if we get the opportunity to acquire a seventh? Do we have the option to replace one of our current six? I don’t want to accidentally pick up a perk I wasn’t looking for and then lose the chance to get one I wanted.

Not sure bout the Author but i’m thinking we are going to meet one or two of the monster in each episode maybe?

Hell I kinda wanna make a deal with the Fae for something so I hope i can meet a Sidhe at least.

1 Like

Your game is great. I liked the “unnatural” game, but this one has the potential to be so much better, the potential to be a really wonderful game. I played the demo, the story seems wonderful, and the amount of detail that you put in the stats, the supernatural “lore” and the world creation seem spectacular. If you can manage to complete the game with all the size, depth and quality that you are planning (and showing so far), I will be one of the first persons to buy this really promising game. Congrats.

Yup! You’ll be seeing the wendigo for sure. It won’t have part in the main story, but there is a whole episode dedicated to it.

I just fixed the kitsune error! For some reason it put points into hell hounds. Weird, sicne none of the others seemed to have the problem. It’s fixed and uploaded now. :smile:

Good about the Jamie thing. I fixed some of his/her approval rating so people could have a higher relationship like they could with Sabrina.

As for the flirtation. No, Jamie will take that as a joke no matter how the MC meant it. That’s just in his/her personality. But I’ll make sure to add more real flirtatious options with Jamie in the second episode!

Because I am a huge fan of romance, there will be options for a lot of it.

Most of the creatures on that codex you’ll see in this game, at least once. Almost all the episodes will be dealing with one of them, as @DisturbedOne said. Some of them you’ll see multiple times in this season, for the ones that weren’t seen heavily in this season, I’ll be attempting to build stories around them for next season.

Oh, you will be meeting a kitsune and the fae. Most of the plot with this book has to do with the fae. There is tons of lore on them, and they’re really fun to write for. Of course you’ll be getting to meet some mermaids too, and they’re not particularly violent.

For stats I’ll be trying to make it at least once every episode that they can be upgraded. In regards to the perks, the way they’re currently working, you gain perks dependent on how you act toward things. So they’re automatically gained.

I have thought about the picking traits from the beginning when I was making them though.

If my method is unpopular among people though, I could change it where you have the option to get that perk rather than auto get it, and you can bump a perk to get a different one. At the very least I’d add a “do you want this” sub page.

Speaking of: What’s everyone’s weigh in on those two methods?

I have a plan for the MC to get a favor out of a fae, or own one themselves, actually. The fae will be part of the seelie court.

Thank you! I have to be honest, I’ve never played Unnatural, because I knew at some point I wanted to make this game. So I kinda steered clear. Did the same thing with the supernatural show (though I watched a few seasons of that a long while back.)

To everyone Because I forgot earlier, kelpie has now been added to the list of creatures.

2 Likes

I really like Supernatural, seasons 2-5 are really great. You should give it a try one day. I think it was a good choice keeping yourself away from unnatural, this way I can enjoy two different games :smiley: with a theme that I much enjoy.

With the Supernatural TV show I don’t think there are much risks with contamination, their “lore” in this last few seasons have been pretty irregular and the show have been destroying the canon of the first 5 seasons.

If I may, I would like to recommend that you see the fourth episode of season 1, named “Phantom Traveler”. The demon is really scary, the way demons should be. You could retrive some good ideas to your own lore.

Maybe for the perks, you could add a (+Charisma) or whatever to the choice that gives you a new perk to avoid any confusion.

Edit: Found another codex bug. Whenever I finish looking up a historical weapon, it takes me back to the main stat page instead of the weapons list. And for some reason it says “Rival” at the bottom of every weapon description.

I just want to say that letting the game randomly decide whether Jamie and Sabrina dated helps make the game world feel “real”. :slight_smile:

Edit: Sabrina just gave me the charm after the fight with Nena, but I have no idea what I did to trigger it (I did a lot of things different on this playthtough.) Also, what effect does the conversation with Jamie’s parents about the bullying story have? None of my stats have changed, but I might not be doing it right.

Oh, and random thought: are any of the future potential love interests going to be supernatural creatures?

1 Like

I was thinking the same thing. Fired up the Netflix after playing to watch a few episodes.

I’m still two seasons behind have to binge watch one of these days.

I found a couple more mistakes

I believe you mean cast

I believe coding went wrong here once more. I have not checked the other weapons, but this definitely does appear.

*What did you do

Assuming Sabby is the male version of Sabrina, coding must have went wrong

I also run into the problem where it says Sabrina may suspect I have special abilities, then the next screen is immediately where Sabrina knows I ha e powers. Coding must have went wrong again. Keep in mind I did tell her about my powers.

I told Jamie to go home and brought Sabrina along. So ‘they’ must be changed to ‘she’ since it is only Sabrina

Some other minor mistakes too. Not sure if you fixed them already.

*either

The paragraphing must be fixed

Oh right why not do them both?

Like its Automatic depending on how you act in the game (seems pretty immersive instead of the whole pick and choose.) But when we are about to get the Perk make a sub page like you said. There’s another way, you mentioned that in every episode we get to upgrade so maybe if it isnt too difficult thats where we’ll be getting the perks. Basically some would be locked out while others would be unlocked depending on how you acted on that episode (and possibly the previous ones).

I don’t just something that popped in my head.

Hey everyone, sorry I haven’t responded to everyone in a day or so, getting over the flu and my cousins are over today!

Thank you! xD

Sabrina will give you the charm if you don’t make her kill Nena and you have high enough friendship with her

The conversation with Jamie’s parents gets you points toward certain traits. I’ll be adding the traits to the stat check list on the next update.

Yup! You’ll have at least a half-fae, a vampire, a werewolf, and an occultist.

@lightdrago3

You’re very vigilant! Thanks! I fixed some of those errors just now, I’ll be fixing the rest tomorrow when I have more time and upload them.

And no, Sabby isn’t the male version of Sabrina. It’s just a nickname. You might hear Jamie or the MC refer to her as such sometimes. Sabrina is always a girl.

Actually, I just implemented it today! It hasn’t been uploaded yet though. It’ll be uploaded tomorrow with small error fixes and the like.

@everyone

I got to work a little on the second episode yesterday too. I’ll be working on it again tomorrow after doing some error fixes.

Thank you all for your continued support and finding all the typos. It’s a huge help! :smile:

4 Likes

This game is crazy awesome, I can’t wait for more updates.

Hey! I just wanted to say that I’m super excited for further development of this project! I especially can’t wait to get to know more about Jaime and Sabrina. Their interactions with the MC were really interesting – and cute, even!!

Also, I hope this isn’t a bit premature to ask, but what inspired you to write RATiO? You mentioned before that you steered clear of anything that influence your game in an earlier post, I think. So, I was just curious!

Anyways, I’m loving what you have so far and can’t wait for the next update! Keep it up!!

1 Like

I love this! It’s shaping up to be my favorite WIP out so far… I’m really excited to see more. Best of luck!

I’ll have more constructive feed back soon when I’m done gushing over this, lol. :smile:

Minor Update

Version 1.2.0
10/19/2015

• Beginning of the game revised.

• Added a section in The Hunters’ Handbook that tells the difference between glamour, shapeshifting, and illusion.

• Errors and typos fixed.

• Integrated new trait system, in which the player can choose which traits they would like when they’ve gained enough points for that specific trait.

I kept the old beginning of the game in case this wasn’t didn’t work out. So tell me your thoughts on the new one vs the old one. No matter what, the beginning part of this first episode will be tied into a different episode!

And don’t worry, I’ve still been working on episode two and about to get back to it once I’m done writing this!

Wish granted! Though, maybe not quite like you were hoping for. Thank you for the compliment :smile:.

Not premature at all! Honestly, I can’t remember anything in specific that made me want to write RATiO. I used to read a lot of urban fantasy, and those got me interested in looking up mythology.

I think, what started it was, I had one scene in mind and decided I wanted to write a story around it. It’s pretty arbitrary, but my mind can be a bit disorganized like that.

All feedback is great! Thanks for the comment! :smile:

3 Likes

I liked the new start

I quickly played through it, and I must say, I prefer the original. I liked that I got to choose my relationship with my mother and step-father, instead of it being the default strained. I also like the history given for Jamie and Sabrina. Instead, in this new beginning, it just jumps right into it with no information about them. This is bad for people who have not yet played this game.