RATiO: The Seraphica -- LAST UPDATED: 6/22/18 (WIP)

Well i hope my character isn’t ENTIRELY asexual. I’ve roleplayed some characters that are asexual… I mean they don’t usually hate sex, some just don’t find it comfortable or others still do it because it feels nice for the partner or that they kinda like it but not enough to actively pursue it. God the human brain is freaking complicated.

I hope to let the player make strong friendships rather than only feeling romantic toward NPCs. I already have it in the code that the MC can have a casual sexual relationship with NPCs if they so choose so it won’t count as cheating or a relationship.

If you’re asking whether I plan to lock people out of romantic relationships if they’re aromantic, the answer is no. The MC’s sexuality will not lock them out of any romance, but it will be noticed in the narrative if an aromantic MC gets in a relationship. I might go as far as to let the MC choose why they’ve decided to do so.

Because I’m not aromantic myself, and I know I’m bound to miss some things. I’d be happy to accept suggestions and critiques with any of the sexualities/gender/gender identities that I’ve put in the game because I’d very much like people to be represented as fluently and thoroughly as possible.

As stated above, the MC will not be locked out of anything sexually or romantically, but it will be noted that they’re doing whatever it is they previously mentioned isn’t their thing and may be asked more questions to better figure out where on the “scale” they are, if that makes sense.

I’m not ashamed to admit I became confident in this idea after playing Guenevere and really enjoying how fluent the sexualities in the game where.

3 Likes

From where I stand your plan concerning how to write it seems pretty solid. Strong friendships and casual sex is the way to go.

The fact that you don’t exclude the possibility of being stable in a relationship seems very promissing, the absence of romantic desires doesn’t imply being unable to go “stable” with someone and don’t get involved with other people in name of our partner’s romantic feelings and our friendship ones.

Keep up the excellent work.

I think this coule be a really good contender for the next HG , I played the full preview at 1 in the morning and I way so dissapointed when there wasn’t more to play , so get on that !

Hey man love what you’ve allowed us to do and take control of the victims and choose how they die. I also found mistakes where you would be saying you mother instead it should be your, you’ll understand when you read it. That’s all I got for you.

Can do :wink:

Yes, I found a few of those when I was editing to my work. I’ve probably missed some, drat! I’ll look for them. Thank you for bringing them to my attention.

Awesome! If ever you (or anyone) has any suggestions on one of the gender identities or sexual preferences, speak on up. I could use all the help I can get on those and love to hear suggestions/opinions.

Thanks for taking the time to talk a little with me on the subject. :slightly_smiling:

5 Likes

I just wanted to let everyone know I won’t be working on RATiO until the 26th, because I’m finishing up some classes. :slightly_smiling:

13 Likes

Thats a shame, but real life is more important than writing. Good luck!

Well, I like a lot the plot and the stats. Reminds me of Unnatural but not in a copyrights way. Although I didn’t like the fact that we couldn’t leave our family or have them killed or so. You know, to give a somber environment. And neither Jaime nor Sabrina rocked my world to a future romance. Still, I want more. Great job!

That was my first take on it: KILL THE FAM!

2 Likes

Unfortunately, I just wouldn’t be able to do that when the Hunters/Family is such an integrated part of the story.

And that’s fine, :wink: There’ll be more with different personalities.

3 Likes

The update was pretty awesome. I noticed that you changed some parts of the story or maybe my mind is just playing tricks on me. Anyway, I just had a bit of a problem with the last part of the demo, the part where we had to choose our wepons. Even though I chose not to choose the weapon (selected no) I still ended up having that weapon which was kinda sad becaue I wanted to check out all the weapons before deciding. I have mixed feelings toward Sabrina. I feel like she’s such a nice person, but something about her rubs me the wrong way. I am super excited to hear about the other characters and how they’re all going to affect the story as a whole, my father specifically. Will I be able to meet him? Is he dead? I don’t know and I look forward to that. Jamie is a sweetheart, but I would love to meet others as well :slight_smile: thanks for the awesome demo. Good luck!

3 Likes

I am going to name my next character Sam Winchester. And he’s going to be a very intelligent and perceptive young man.He’s going to be straight.

I hate you soooo much right now.

6 Likes

@FoxalypticWorld PM one of the mods if you want this reopened.

At behest of @foxalypticworld.

:cold_sweat: So I’m going to start with disillusioning people of the idea that I ever really gave up on RATiO, but I think I’ve mentioned before that I struggle to speak with people due to a very crippling social anxiety (among several other things).

Most of my past two years have been spent getting life set up and getting treatment, but here I am now trying to interact with people for the second time. :sunglasses:

I’ve edited my original post with a tumblr link to a word tracker as well as where I’ll be posting monthly updates (which is just easier than constantly interacting with the forum to me).

I’ll probably put up the Demo again soon. I currently have it stopped at the beginning of ep 2 and I’m not sure if I just want to wait until I manage to hammer out the rest of the episode before giving a link or not.

45 Likes

Welcome back,

I hope you accomplish your goals.

1 Like

Hey, but whoa time flies. But hey, it’s great to hear you’re back and I get what you’re going through, i may not have crippling social anxiety but sometimes we really just need to take a break and try and get our bearings you know? Take your time Fox and try not to worry too much about putting up the link until after you decide that you should.

1 Like

Nice to see an old WIP back and running! Take your time, we all want you well first and foremost. :blush:

1 Like