Randomtest just stopping?

next label then. how does that look?

1 Like

This is the next one:

*label 43c3
*page_break
The following morning, Sulo rouses you and Non'Caesura shortly before dawn. This is unusual, but he is confident that Amerdale will be arriving soon, and so you change clothes, take your positions in hiding near the docks, and begin to observe.

You look out across Grand Lake, but can barely see beyond the ends of the docks. The water is cloaked by a thick, dark fog that hasn't evaporated in the morning sun, yet. Beside you, Non'Caesura squeezes his hands together. He is doubtlessly tense because of the disadvantage nature has pushed upon you, but there is hardly anything either of you can do about it. Only... wait, something is cutting through...

Something low and swift skims across the water. Many somethings, moving faster than you have ever seen anything move. Within seconds, they slice through the lake and land right upon the shore, spraying foam and sand across your waiting soldiers. Ten small ships, at least, all light and fast and seemingly deserted.

Suddenly, from within the middle one, a familiar voice calls out that sends equal amounts of chills and giggles throughout the troops that Commander Aurum has positioned behind you, also in hiding:

"Beware the Phantom Rogue, the Silent Sword, the Bloodied Bloom of Grand Lake..." Amerdale leaps off of the front of his ship wearing a tattered, long, black scarf and a tricorn hat. "Behold, the Pirate King Firebelly and his crew of the Abyssal Void!"
*goto 43c4

And the one after that:

Summary
*page_break
Scores more "pirates" spring out from their ships and onto the shore before creeping behind and around their "King". Amerdale throws his masked face back, puts his hands on his hips, and laughs heartily as his scarf blows dramatically in the wind.

"GWA HA HA HA! You dare conspire against the Pirate King?! Such foolishness will be your undoing!" he addresses toward your hiding place.

With his characteristic spontaneity, Sulo stands from his hiding place and begins to approach the "Pirate King". Half wondering what is going on, half wanting to stop whatever he is planning, you and Non'Caesura rush after him as he continues across the beach and pauses about ten feet from the "Captain".

"O great Captain Firebelly, the Phantom Rogue, the Silent Sword," Sulo begins.

"The Bloodied Bloom of Grand Lake," adds Amerdale.

"The Bloodied Bloom of Grand Lake as well, aye," your mentor starts to smile. "Surely a gentleman of your renown and intelligence would not bother raiding this sad little port."

"What do you mean, land rat?"

*if mentorlover
	"Well, you see," Sulo remarks as he grabs your shoulders and walks you around in front of him, "my love and I thought this would be a wonderful location for our honeymoon, but, as you can see, there's nothing around but some silly military fort."

Time to sell the lie.

"Ugh, darling," you lament to Sulo, "let's away from this wretched, smelly hole at once! First the food poisoning, then the privy explosion, and now pirates of all things?! I just want to go home, dear..."

Sulo pats your shoulder in placation and empathy. Then, he turns his sad eyes to Firebelly. "You see, Ser Captain? Nothing but disaster, here."

"Disaster, you say? Then who is the other fellow, there?" he questions, gesturing at Non'Caesura.

"What other fell-OH MY GOODNESS! A native savage! Worry not, my sweet, I shall protect you!" your mentor budges himself between you and Non'Caesura, who is not looking pleased about being cast as the primitive aggressor in this situation. While Ser Captain Firebelly Lustre and his gang of ruthless pirates look on, entranced by this wild display, Non'Caesura bends one hand and produces a blunted knife from his sleeve, which he then throws straight at the Pirate King's jugular.

Amerdale clutches his heart and drops his sword into the sand. He staggers on his feet for a few seconds, drops to his knees, and delivers the final words of Captain Firebelly, the Phantom Rogue, the Silent Sword, the Bloodied Bloom of Grand Lake:

"GWA Ha h... a... The Pirate King is... defeated... at last..."
	*goto 43c5
*if noncaesuralover
	"Well, you see," Sulo remarks, "my clients and I thought this would be a wonderful location for their honeymoon, but, as you can see, there's nothing around but some silly military fort."

Time to sell the lie.

"Ugh, darling," you lament to Non'Caesura, "let's away from this wretched, smelly hole at once! First the food poisoning, then the privy explosion, and now pirates of all things?! I just want to go home, dear..."

He pats your shoulder in placation and empathy. Then, he turns his sad eyes to Firebelly. "You see, Ser Captain? Nothing but disaster, here."

"You are lovers, you say? Then who is this other fellow, here? Some kind of wedding priest?" he questions, gesturing at Sulo.

"... ... ... OH MY GOODNESS! A native savage! Worry not, I shall protect you!" Sulo suddenly budges himself between you and the distance and points at a nonexistant threat. While Ser Captain Firebelly Lustre and his gang of ruthless pirates try to locate the attacker, Non'Caesura bends one hand and produces a blunted knife from his sleeve, which he then throws straight at the Pirate King's jugular.

Amerdale clutches his heart and drops his sword into the sand. He staggers on his feet for a few seconds, drops to his knees, and delivers the final words of Captain Firebelly, the Phantom Rogue, the Silent Sword, the Bloodied Bloom of Grand Lake:

"GWA Ha h... a... The Pirate King is... defeated... at last..."
	*goto 43c5
*else
	*goto 43c5
*label 43c5
*page_break
The remaining pirate army pauses their invasion, looks toward their fallen king, and takes a knee in mourning. You hear muffled sobbing as one woman pats the back of a crying gentleman. They cautiously begin to collect their "dead" comrades and drag them back aboard their ships, hissing curses at any "landlubbers who dare try and stop them, arrrr". Finally, the crying man from before and three others gently place the body of Captain Firebelly on a stretcher and spirit him up to his flagship. As they shove-off and disappear once more into the mist, a raggedy black scarf swirls toward the beach and wraps itself around your feet.

You can't help but feel that this was incredibly silly.
*goto 43endc

Next:

*label 43endc
*page_break
With the battle over after only a few short hours, there is nothing to do other than return to Emperor Maganat and explain what has happened.

Sulo walks casually in the lead, smiling all the while, as you and Non'Caesura trail close behind him. He is certainly quite eccentric, but it occurs to you that you know very little about him [i]really[/i]. You know that he is cheery and friendly, but everything other than that is a mystery.

*if mentorlover
	You have no desire to rush him, though.
	*goto 44start
*if noncaesuralover
	You have other things... specifically, other people, on your mind, though.
	*goto 44start
*else
	Maybe someday you'll learn more.
	*goto 44start

And then it just goes to the next tenth of the chapter. As you can see, theyā€™re pretty much all formatted exactly the same, and there have been no issues (as far as I can tell) with the other paths or the way I am doing my *ifā€™s (itā€™s worked for three other chapters lol, I donā€™t understand why it would stop working in the middle of chapter four).

Hereā€™s the latest version:
http://github.com/dfabulich/choicescript/zipball/master

Or, if you donā€™t trust the link, go to:

1 Like

I am literally computer illiterate outside of choicescript and I donā€™t want to change up the way Iā€™m doing things too much because Iā€™m afraid Iā€™ll bork it up before I finish my first gamebook. So Iā€™m going to keep trying other solutions before I do this, but this is definitely going to be my final effort.

Minimal effort required. Just unzip and copy and paste your scene files from your old folder to the new folder.

1 Like

securest way is to copy the scenes folder onto your desktop.

1 Like

Just did this and then ran the new version of randomtest. Same result.

Mhnnnā€¦
Last thing that i could think of:
Are all the variable names correct? Did something slip through? Or was omitted?

1 Like

Itā€™s not really possible to diagnose exactly where the problem might be without seeing the entirety of the code.

If you put it on something like dashingdon.com and create a private link, you should be able to have people look at it without anyone else having access.

1 Like

As far as I can tell: yes.

I was hoping that maybe I just wasnā€™t seeing something right in front of me. Guess not, lol.

Thank you both for all your help and ideas! Iā€™ll just have to get by without using randomtest and be extra careful with my variables when writing the endings, I guess.

Just one problem, you normally have to pass quicktest and randomtest as part of the submission process for Hosted Games, unless there is a special exception.

1 Like

Eh I havenā€™t even finished writing my endings yet (Iā€™m close, but not quite there) or made a beta testing thread, so this is going in my ā€œcross that bridge when I come to itā€ file. (;

1 Like

Well, today I tried running randomtest from the newest version of choicescript (iterations 8, seed 0, show choices, show line coverage, scroll to bottom automatically) and it passed for some reason. I tested other configurations, but it strangely seems like this is the only thing that works and I have no idea why.

So problem solved, I think?

1 Like