The Parenting Simulator- Now Available on iOS, Google Play and Amazon!

Heh, pretty much. Though as little as I think of my writing ability, I feel like I should at least be able to clear that bar. I stopped watching long before the end, but by all accounts it had one of the most reviled series finales of this millennium, or possibly ever.

4 Likes

Oh, to answer the earlier question about extracurriculars, they won’t be able to lie to you. Pretty much any such activity requires parents to pay for something at some point, so it would make it tough to fake out a parent on what you are in. Not impossible, but difficult.

Question: do y’all think it is confusing that I number the years rather than titling each chapter according to the actual age of the child? As in, I am working on year 4 right now, but your child is age 3 during it.

2 Likes

No, I do not find it very confusing. I actually quite like it for this game, as it fits quite well.

2 Likes

I think it would make it easier to work with this way - so no.

You can always go back and make changes with simple search and replace commands later. Formatting is always something I leave until last just because there is so many changes made during development.

3 Likes

A COG like that could be Legend
 wait for it

5 Likes

My mum reminded me of this the other day, and I instantly thought of this thread
 So for all the parents out there, this one is for you.

Warning
 contains the F word
 like in every sentence

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Udj-o2m39NA#fauxfullscreen

2 Likes

I am the proud parent of Naruto Uzumaki giving him the closure and childhood he always wanted
No regrets

7 Likes

Can we be a tiger mom/dad?

1 Like

Essentially yes. Probably not using those words though.

2 Likes

I absolutely love what you’re doing here. Its nothing like any other COG out there. Keep doing what you’re doing and hopefully we will get to read the final version.

4 Likes

Technically we’re all still waiting. Even if we already know the end of it is milk-related.

And thanks for the support, Zahid! Despite vacation, lack of opportunity and a party scene that bogged me down for some time, year 4 is nearing completion. Hopefully I will have an update in a week or so.

7 Likes

Year Four is up! New scenes are: Just Playin’ Around, Premature Education, It’s Not (His/Her) Party. (He/She) Will Cry Anyhow, and The Battle for Bathroom Supremacy II: Flush Harder. All randomized, except that last which only pops up if you either failed potty training in Year Three or chose to delay it.

10 Likes

In the game, how do you fail potty training?

1 Like

The non-spoilery answer is that one of the options in Year Three does a stat check.

The spoilery answer is it’s the peer pressure choice. If your kid has high Independence they resist your efforts.

2 Likes

@hustlertwo

In year 4, in the scene “It’s Not $!{ahis} Party. $!{ahe}'ll Cry Anyhow.”

“Whose party is this, $!{aname}”

Add a question mark at the end of the sentence.

Of course, a child’s attention span is not vast, and an hour or two after you get back home it’sdry

Add a space between the bolded words.

4 Likes

Thanks as always, Bug.

That scene title doesn’t actually show that way, does it?

1 Like

No, the scene title shows correctly in game. I was just looking through the code, and copied that scene title code to save going through the game, to find that scene.

6 Likes

You cute little showoff, you.

Guys, I looked at Bugreporter’s profile and he has only gotten like 1/10 as many likes as he has received. I would request that y’all help adjust that balance a tad and like all of his extremely helpful responses pointing out typos and snafus in this or any other story thread. It’s this kind of stuff that helps deliver a polished final product, because no one person can possibly see it all in their lonesome. The value of bug reports or feedback (positive or negative, it’s all helpful) cannot be overstated.

2 Likes

It’s your decision, but I’d prefer if the MC’s friend and the friend’s child had the same names each time, as it’s more realistic. :slight_smile:

Edit
In this option: “I take $!{aname} to the periphery of the group to play together quietly.”

Shouldn’t this give a boost to closeness?

5 Likes

Well, that’s a good point to ponder. Especially since Year Five introduces another NPC and I had been pondering whether to randomize or not. I think it merits a poll, which is great as I love polls.

• Randomize the friend and child name and other NPCs!
  • Randomize the friend and child, but no one else!
  • Preset names all around!
  • Pie!

0 voters

3 Likes