The Parenting Simulator- Now Available on iOS, Google Play and Amazon!

So our teen will just date casually? No bringing their partner to meet us? No teen pregnancy? :stuck_out_tongue: . And yeah exactly! What kind of person would involve their parents in their dating…Danny Laruso from the Karate kid, that’s who, no further explanation is needed wy it’s a terrible, terrible idea.

2 Likes

Oh my god im totally in love with this game I can’t :sob: thank you for making a game that resonates with my want to have a child without the actual having a child

Regarding the dating, would independence/closeness affect that?

3 Likes

Glad you like it! And potentially it would, yes.

And I can’t speak for anyone else, but for my first date my parents thought I was going to the movies with a friend. Ditto for the second girl I dated. Actually, also true when it was my future wife, even though I was well into my 20s. I just never like dealing with those questions or comments until necessary. My parents weren’t terrible about it, I’m just a private person.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t know I’ve never dated but in movies parents give dating advice.

Likely true in some cases.

A question to my readers up to this point: would you prefer to see a mega-size scene around the beginning of school that takes up all of Year Six (which would include a orientation nice and the chance to rechoose your school if you don’t like the one you pick based on that night), or one that is longer than most scenes but still short enough to have one other scene for that year, picked randomly from two possibles?

8 Likes

The latter sounds a bit better as we get to experience our child’s first school experience

2 Likes

Well, you experience it in both scenarios. In the first one you have picking schools, orientation night and first day. In the second just picking and first day, with other scenes unrelated to school to fill out the chapter.

Sorry my bad, read the question wrong; but anyway I would still choose the second option as it shows more of our child’s 6th year as a whole

2 Likes

The second option.

1 Like

I would take the first option. The first day of school is important enough to have the whole of Year 6 dedicated to it.

1 Like

In year 5. In the surgery scene.

#If anyone tries to remove something from my baby, I'll remove something of theirs.  And I promise it'll be something they miss."
        *set indy -1
        *goto touch
    #"Anything that might stop the cavalcade of infections sounds intriguing to me."
        *set indy +1
        *goto notouch
    #"Adenoids?  Wasn't that an Atari game?"
        *goto notouch

The above code should be:

If anyone tries to remove something from my baby, I'll remove something of theirs.  And I promise it'll be something they miss."
        *set indy -1
        *goto notouch

Anything that might stop the cavalcade of infections sounds intriguing to me."
*goto touch

"Adenoids?  Wasn't that an Atari game?"
*goto touch
*label touch
The young doctor holds out his hands and backs away.  
"Please, just hear me out.  
Then you can make an informed decision.  Whatever you choose will be respected, 
no impromptu amputations required." 
He smiles, and you unclench a bit in turn.
*label notouch

He continues with his explanation. 

The above code should be:

*label notouch
The young doctor holds out his hands and backs away.  
"Please, just hear me out.  
Then you can make an informed decision.  Whatever you choose will be respected, 
no impromptu amputations required." 
He smiles, and you unclench a bit in turn.
*label touch

He continues with his explanation. 
1 Like

What would the second scene be?
I’d like to see something in school /related to school such as meeting a judgmental parent (or even being the judgmental parent, if our stats line up).

1 Like

Oh, there will be interparental drama eventually. But kindergarten has less of that than you might think. Albeit not zero.

The two it would choose from were allowance, and something else I think I had placed too soon and will probably move back a year or two. Might replace with parent teacher conference or something. Or I could just make allowance also mandatory.

2 Likes

Hey, remember when your demo gave a scenario where the parent was able to choose their child’s pre-school? (I think it was at either year 4 or year 5)

I noticed during my more recent playthroughs of the demo that the scenario was gone for some reason.

Did you remove it? if so, why?

1 Like

It’s not removed, it’s just a random event. Most of the scenes in this game are not guaranteed to be seen in a particular playthrough, aside from mandatories like potty training or meeting the friend at the library. It means that this time around you got something else instead of preschool. And it was year 4.

1 Like

This actually is not a bug. I just like to use odd labels (admittedly, in part because I never think about anyone but me seeing them). Touch is for the touchy response, which then leads to the doctor placating you. Notouch are the two more chill responses, where no placating is needed and he can go straight to explanation.

1 Like

@hustlertwo
In year two, in the “Beggars can be choosers” scene.

Jennifer smiles through the mess, clearly all too aware that once again the day is her.

Hers

2 Likes

@hustlertwo
In year two, in the “A Few of My Favorite Things” scene.

In the choice:
“I don’t see a need to make a big deal over it; she will probably move on to something else by next week.”

Susan holds up his hands.

The cause is this line of code:

[$!{fbname}] holds up ${fhis} hands.

The square bracketed code should be:

$!{fname}
2 Likes

@hustlertwo
In year 3. In the choice: “Time to regroup and get tough. This is happening no matter what!”

FInally you are left with a slightly disgruntled but ultimately very potty-trained little ${agirl}.

Finally

This typo is also in year 4, in this choice:
“I don’t need fancy tricks; this is a fight to be won through sheer willpower. $!{ahe} is going to sit on the toilet all day if needed.”

2 Likes