Purchase Transfers

For the new omnibus, we’re clarifying and updating our notes on purchase transfers.

Choice of Games and Hosted Games currently sells our products in a few different ways:

• App Store for iOS (iPhone/iPad)
    • In the new “omnibus” apps
    • As separate apps
  • Android (separate apps only)
    • Google Play Store
    • Amazon Appstore
  • Steam
  • On our website at choiceofgames.com

Sometimes, you need to transfer purchases from one store to another store.

From separate iOS app to iOS omnibus: Download the latest version of the separate app(s) and the omnibus. Launch the separate app, then open the game in the omnibus. The omnibus may be able to automatically detect the separate app; if not, you’ll see a “Buy” button and a “restore purchases” link. Tap “restore purchases” and select the option to restore from the separate app.

If this transfer process fails, the game will offer you an email address to use to contact Choice of Games customer support. Be sure to click on that email address and to email us using the exact address we provide. The email address includes information we can use to diagnose issues.

From choiceofgames to iOS omnibus: If you purchase a game on our website, you can play it in our iOS omnibus app. Tap “restore purchases” next to the Buy button, and login with your email address and password.

From choiceofgames to separate mobile apps (iOS or Android): We have two kinds of separate apps: free apps, and pay-once-and-play (POAP) apps.

Transferring purchases from our website to a separate app only works for free apps. Inside a free app, you can tap “restore purchases” next to the Buy button, and login with your email address and password.

If you’d like to transfer a purchase from choiceofgames to a POAP app, please email us at support@choiceofgames.com and include a copy of your purchase receipts.

From Steam to choiceofgames: Click the “restore purchases” link next to the Buy button. You’ll see an option to restore from Steam.

All Others, Contact Us: We don’t have an automatic way to do any of the following transfers.

From choiceofgames to Steam
From iOS to choiceofgames
From iOS to Android
From iOS to Steam
From Android to choiceofgames
From Android to iOS
From Android to Steam
From Steam to iOS
From Steam to Android
From any storefront we’ve used in the past

If you need to do one of these transfers, please email us at support@choiceofgames.com and include a copy of your purchase receipts.

16 Likes

Hello, I’ve come across a recent revelation that Apple hasn’t sent me a few receipts regarding games that I have purchased in the past and thus cannot send receipts as proof.

Would a screenshot/screen recording of the game library I have on iOS work in place of receipts?