Pulse University - a Mech Game (WiP) - Updated 5/3/2020

basically make more defined/impactful choices

1 Like

I think there is an updaaate.

Also Chloe is basically Toph Beifong with all those blind jokes.

+1 Best Girl vote

Edit: Dang it, Hanna got more cute.
Am I only aloud one Bbest Girl vote?

More importantly is there a Best Pule Polling vote yet? What is the cannon name for Hannah’s Pules? (For voting purposes)

I knew there was a reason I thought she was cool.

Chloe is still probably the best one so far, but I also enjoy the perspective shifts in Hanna’s route. Personally I’d like to maybe see similar style scenes for the other team members as well in the future. It’s a nice little way to get a better idea of what your friends/teammates are thinking or view the MC.

I’m more of an Astrid man.

2 Likes

I honestly like the three girls, each in their own ways. Now all I have to do is somehow lose Mikey somewhere, wait until Connor spontaneously catch fire due to our abysmal relationship scores, and my cunning plan for a four girl team will finally be complete! Muahahaha!

2 Likes

Soooo, battle girls?

1 Like

damn am i the only one who plans to romance the cowboy?? rip

6 Likes

Nope!

2 Likes

nice! now i feel better after choosing the embodiment of yeehaw :))

2 Likes

He’s my favorite of the Male ROs.

4 Likes

Ok so I’m adding some stuff to the game (like a new 6th character you can choose :D) but I’m trying to fix the rank issue, and in my code it shouldn’t be happening…

you always start off at 120. This is somewhere halfway of every team. I have rewards for beating teams being around -10 or so, so I have no idea how it could drop over 40 points to freaking start with. In my code the first time I even bring up a team rank variable is after the fight with juggernaut…

5 Likes

Okay you need to change this dialogue.

“We got our first glance at our opponent today. They are ranked 101 out of 174 teams.” Hannah informs the group pulling up profiles of the opposing pilots.

“Wait, we got team rankings? What are we?!” Mikey asks leaning forward.

“88. Better than half.” Hannah smiles sliding your team’s profiles to the opposite corner. “Still, not exactly an easy week 1.”

2 Likes

Just thought I might let people know, but ACE Academy (school mecha visual novel often mentioned here) and other games from the developer (including ‘After Story’ for one of the heroines) are coming to Android and iOS. A lot of people here mainly play IF on their phones, so it should be nice for them.

As for the rank problem, by going through the code quickly, there’s a -24 modifier in one place. Coupled with few -10s, -7s and -3s, a quick glance makes me believe you can go as low as 66.

3 Likes

As muuuch testing as I’ve doone…

I forgot he existed. I imagine he’s a ranger type…? Shootty shooty

1 Like

How lovely this would be. But oh how complex it would turn out… Dx

I so want to put rhinestones on him and take him line dancing…and I hate most the ol dancing round here

Another check in to give supports.

Still needing mecha in my life.

If I stsrt watching a Mecha anime. Where the holy %$# do I start?
Ive seen a few alresdy

Afraid I don’t know much about about anime but I think there’s a newer Gundam animated series that looked cool, hopefully someone else more knowledgeable will chime in here. I’m still working but I’m reconcepting the aforementioned new character. Her personality was too similar to pre exhausting character and didn’t mesh well or stand out

2 Likes

Ran into a bug where i passed and failed a stat check and got both outcomes.

1 Like