Pulse University - a Mech Game (WiP) - Updated 5/3/2020

Well, from a purely scientific viewpoint, there’s a limit of how hot fire can be - and that limit is well below how resistant to fire it’s possible to build things. I mean, a space shuttle has to handle heat well above anything any flamethrower could hope to reach, at least for a little while.

Of course, sci-fi tech means anything goes, especially if it’s backed by the rule of cool, but I’ll nonetheless stand by my statement that it is an inefficient loadout.

… Anyone knows that the proper method to beat giant mechs is kung-fu fighting, anyway. :neutral_face:

2 Likes

Well of course that’s becuase they are fast as lightning

2 Likes

Fire ain’t gonna do it for ya ay? How about using the power of the Sith Lord Emperor Palpatine’s lightning? :smiling_imp:

that’s above a blue flame’s current max heat that we can make. (1800 Kelvin vs 3800 F which is 2366.483 Kelvin.) They’d have to find a new more efficient fuel to make it hotter even then they’d have to make it over 500 Kelvin hotter. They’d have to be somewhere between a sunspot and a blue flame. (sunspots are 3800 Kelvin.)

Plasma Jet MWAHAHAHA! up to 116k kelvin
the cleansing fire that burns isnt fire but the power of our mighty “emperor’s wrath” mech laid bare and unfiltered!

ok i might has gone mad for a moment…

New chapter’s up. It’s wider than it is long, so it may feel short. Im a little nervous as I’ve never written romance parts or anything before. Appreciate any feedback

2 Likes

I actually just came back from looking at Steam and saw that AA game. A particular picture scene of crashing into a girl at a stoplight came to mind… HMMmmmmm. Inspiration you say? >w>

Anyways, IM boorreedd. And I think I want too many things ion games Im looking for. I really want an action mech game, loved playing MechWarrior games back in the day, haven’t played any Japanese ones though. (loved seeing Japan and America Duke it out on youtube btw)

And Choice Games make me want to try light noivels buuuut… I dunno, I’ve tried one demo and it seems alright. But I know how bad and trashy anime is. (There are diamonds in land fills yes, but anime is trash at heart, and so am I. )

Anyone here know of some things I should give my attention to?

you can always read my newest chapter I posted 6 minutes ago :smiley:

Also about the flamethrowers, you have to take into account the wires, components, electrical equipment and everything under the metal frying/melting.

2 Likes

When I played MechWarrior in the Old’n’Days, heat management was extremly important. You overheat and you shutdown. IN space it’s self, it’s actually a huge concern as to weather or not you can release enough heat from the craft to not cook it’s occupants.

So, it’s potentially very viable way of shutting down and overloading a Pule, being a kinetic and Energy weapon, while being a flammable liquid that goes past the shields.

Although two flamethrows might be over that top. Hahha

It’s true, knocking over the robot is best. Go Fist’a’cuffs. :smiley:

I ran a Warlock with punchy fists… And then added super heated fists just because the option existed…

2 Likes

@Aviator467 I liked the little attribute choice you added at the beginning, and I loved seeing the individual ranks. However, my favorite new add was asking who I had interest in before it was revealed who might have interest in me. Nice touch.

1 Like

very enjoyable additions so far, haven’t found anything else yet.

2 Likes

Read through the new stuff and I really liked it (need to look at the other paths though I spent all my time with Chloe) I also get a “last air bender” kinda “tokka” vibe from my MC and chloe especially after this scene

Even read that in a sokka’s voice for my character and toph’s voice for Chloe

(Is it just my screen or is the spoiler thing not working on the picture and the text afterwards?)

Yeah no you didn’t quite block out what you wanted to lol XD

I don’t think it was intentional if I’m being honest but I do remember that part haha

I swear this wip is the one that’s made me laugh the most. Chloe is everything, every time she speaks I laugh. The moment we had in the bus was so sweet too.
The whole thing with H at the end felt so weird though. I didn’t show any interest in her so why are we suddenly holding hands?

1 Like

Wait did you hold hand with Hannah even though you went through Chloe’s night scene? That shouldn’t happen

It pairs you up with whoever has the highest relationship stat

I dont know if this has been asked before but is speed a check or chance i dont know if im just lucky but most if not all seem to be checks but the stat seem to be implying chance so i just wanted clarification.

Speed is a check for your robot, while your personal speed is likely to be part of your ‘physical’ stat. As for luck, that’s basically the ‘style’ stat.

Omg! Those were some of the cute interactions I had with ROs! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

@Aviator467 Oh! I had that too! I was replaying the demo and decided to choose Chloe, but ended up with Connor. I am kinda confused too. @Baam I saw that Connor’s stat was the highest, but I wanted to have some interactions with Chloe :disappointed:

1 Like