Pulse University - a Mech Game (WiP) - Updated 5/3/2020

So it’s not magic, you’re rerouting excess energy your core provedes to an area you need it most. You can’t use certain weapons if your core isn’t powerful enough to fuel them.

2 Likes

Heads up ill be out of country for the next 8 days and without internet, so I won’t be able to reply to anyone until then. Close to posting the next chapter.

2 Likes

Nice! When will the romancing start?

As soon as my lazy ass gets this chapter out :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’ll leave y’all with this and look at the results when I get back:

As of now, who will you pursue?

• Astrid
  • Connor
  • Mikey
  • Hannah
  • Chloe
  • Tex
  • Your Mechanic

0 voters

3 Likes

I didn’t know mechanics would be an option, but that is the winner so far (Hannah would be #2)

Because that was just added as a suggestion I believe.

1 Like

Oh a few more suggestions would be a particle beam cannon/rifle, an Iron Man like chest laser (whatever that is), a rocket launcher or rocket pods, a minigun (either hand held or built in the mecha itself), laser eyes (why not), a katana or an odachi, an axe, an energy hammer (A hammer that releases energy when used to hit creating an AOE effect), a spiked shield (ehh why not?), a light saber, and much more…

@aviator467 I’ve played through a few more times. Don’t judge me.

The high school Pulse contest seems a bit too strong relative to the rest, having both the most total points and arranged in the best starting array. I’ll explain more.

You are asked how you like to spend free time, boosting Phys, Men, or Soc. You receive choices on which class appeals to you most, boosting Phys, Men, or Soc. Then you choose how to spend free time, boosting Phys, Men, or Soc again. Pilotage is the hardest to raise after creation, so starting with a higher score there is a huge advantage that should come with a lower total elsewhere. I would recommend lowering mental to 0. That would be 40 total points, only 5 lower than the rest, and force the player to choose between being a good pilot and being able to fix the initial calibration issue. I’d say I like the “lucky” option the most due to the pulse buffs, but it starts out pretty rough, not being a good pilot or being able to handle the initial calibration issue, so there is a trade off.

I wish I could choose to be the solo regardless of chassis. I thought Longbow would be a good solo one, and was curious to see how tankier models would fare as well. I’ve solo’d as Rogue and Paladin, but the option was grayed out for the rest, with “build” seeming to be a non-factor.

I feel bad for Connor, who loses the wrestling match despite working out all the time, and because I generally choose Hannah as the final teammate. This isn’t so much a complaint, just seemed something worth mentioning. Have there been any polls on whether Connor or Hannah get picked in playthroughs? Admittedly, there isn’t a sad follow-up scene for Hannah if you leave her out.

I know its this is pretty late but u can actualy marry ur cousin in other countries, japan one of them i think

Also I don’t know if our cousin is first cousins can’t remember, cousin can be any grade of cousin as we don’t generally use first second third and all the removed things

The U.S. is one the the few countries where it is illegal but, and this is just from what I’ve heard, it’s still looked down upon in most places in fact some areas in Japan do have a law against it

2 Likes

Do all the weapons in the beginning have a second upgrade like the assault rifle or will that be the only one?

The lightning does I think.

1 Like

Demo was amazing.

If your still taking weapon requests, Gundam Epyons whip is at the top of my list. If it is added, can you make it work well with rogues? ^^

No worries if you are unable to though. My dual blades with power drain cut up stuff real nice.

I can’t wait to see what happens with those down the road.

“1v1 me final destination fox no items”

You frickin had me bro.

So, absolutely loving it. You got my dollar the day it comes out. I did not go through and read all the messages above but I do hope you read this eventually.

I’m no expert, and I just barely made this account besides the lurking I’ve done for 2 years before but it feels right to start saying something now. I like where you’re writing from, and I enjoy it a lot. Looking through the weapons and pulse descriptions, I was captured by your elegant attention to one’s individual need to decimate things with

"Muh Fists’

Jokes aside I know I’ll recommend this, and as you refine and add more of what I love reading here, I’ll slowly go starve and die from lack of oxygen. Because I don’t see another good mecha anything nearby.

Quick things I hope to see.

• Getting to react more with the characters, mid conversation with them. Expressing myself while I’m playing since Im not just reading. It makes it a little more personal, and I would love to get more attached to the freaks in Team Kick@ss

• Knowing how Energy works with mechs, and which options use it. I played a warlock, and only once got the option to use Energy for something super cool. But while dashing back to the stats tab I couldnt find any other changes after repairing my mech the one time.
    (Lost my 1-1 Duel hardcore becasue my stats are garbage (Not really, just fancy language )

P.S Will 1v1 for number 1 fan position, Final Destination, No items, choice pick.

I think it depends on how Pulses are operated. If it’s a neural skin suit, heavy arm thingy’s or joystick things. Pilots for combat spacecraft have to get more physically accustomed to G-Forces during flight, or even for space ship take off.

I also suppose pilot-age is more so for reaction time?

Take a big hit, risk a big concussion? The Pulse isn’t the only thing that could get wounded.

P.S I love the use of duct tape, don’t ever stop, add WD-40 :smiley:

I realy want a transformative mode, like a unicorn gundam when it get the destroyer mode.

1 Like

I have the urge to yell “Big O” into my wrist while in the arena before I fight the juggernaught guy or if I go solo.

Edit: also I just noticed if you choose double bladed sword and plasma blade as a Rogue build when your team comments on it. the same sentance about it is said twice. Back to back.
I’d give a visual aid but pneumonia sucks.