Pulse University - a Mech Game (WiP) - Updated 5/3/2020

Woah I love this, the choices were interesting but I have a few concerns and questions

The weapon options are kind of small considering energy weapons, later in the game will we be able to get new weapons/upgrade them?

Will we be able to romance characters?

The option to not fight Astrid was kind of lame.

Will this be continued?

I think this is one of the best story’s on this site right now, keep up the good work!

2 Likes

I’m toying with the idea of adding new weapons, so I’d say expect some more choices there

Currently writing the romance option part! As of now everyone on the team is an available and I’ll probably add the option to romance your mechanic too

You’ll be able to fight Astrid later, currently there is very little chance the MC has to beat her one on one but you’re improving faster than she is (for some reason she seems distracted by something…)

Oh yeah already well into the next chapter

Glad you like it! I love when people give feedback and help contribute

11 Likes

Any chance we could meet and Romance the alternative sixth teammate? The one you don’t pick.

They will make a cameo in the last chapter, but who you pick is who you can romance.

2 Likes

Mechquest. Online game.

2 Likes

Well I wasn’t gonna suggest it cause of the extra work it’d take but if you’re doing it anyway what’s your thought on giant dual pistols :wink:

1 Like

I would like to request a flail, a harpoon gun, and a dragonball chi blast style energy caster in each hand, with a the option to include a modification that lets us concentrate it into a Kamehameha style beam.

2 Likes

A lightsaber might be fun too.

1 Like

Wasn’t that an Adventure Quest spinoff?

2 Likes

Haha mechquest that’s a name I haven’t heard in years.

Funny enough dual pistols were in the game but I changed them into dual smgs

1 Like

Well, I was actually thinking more about our cousin, like Mina

Wait I’m confused you want the cousin be a(n) RO or have a(n) RO or am I completely misunderstanding the request because those are odd requests one much more so than the other

6 Likes

Was it the game called MechQuest?

1 Like

@Aviator467 I found this a lot of fun and can’t wait to play more. I do wish there was more clarification on what personal attributes did. Piloting becomes obvious fast, but the rest seem insignificant.

Also, I found a couple of minor errors. With Chloe as a teammate, we did a 3v3 training session. Afterward, in the summary and in a quote by Mikey, Chloe isn’t mentioned, though the grammar suggested a place for her in the sentence.

Also, when hanging with Connor and he gets the phone call, there’s this line:

“No, I haven’t gotten to play just yet. No, I will… trust me it’s going to be ok.” He says assuring you.

It should be “assuring the person on the other end.”

It would have been nice to know my own individual rank, given how often the topic comes up.

These are pretty minor, and didn’t take away from an otherwise challenging game with interesting story.

That would be correct

2 Likes

Glad you liked it! Pilotage is obviously pretty important when it comes to being a pilot, but there are lots of times where stats like mental and style come into play. I can’t seem to get physical to be too useful though. I’ll be sure to fix those little errors before the next update!

1 Like

If it helps, there were comments on one of the weapons about my wrists not being able to handle the recoil, but it got me thinking that maybe some weapons/abilities could be slightly more powerful, but require more physicality to wield? Or maybe it could just be the drain of training making you fatigued and applying a penalty to other attributes unless you were in “good enough health” to handle the rigors?

Either way, I will be following this, as it is shaping up to be the most complete CYOA I’ve experienced since Community College Hero.

I guess it’d be used more for checks outside the robot, or to shake off hits / keep going despite fatigue or pain.

That could work but we’d be working with your pulses strength not yours. I like the idea of fight physically draining you if you aren’t in good shape though!

2 Likes

Since we’re fighting in Pulses that can use magic, wouldn’t it make some sense that there would be some programs by the university that focuses on both the physical and mental state after every Pulse battle as a way to make sure that the pilots are in their best current shape?

1 Like