Project Thornheart [WIP]

Interesting enough. I’m sorta getting some TLoU vibes which is good. I’ll be waiting for future updates and see where this leads us into.

1 Like

I really like this demo. It may be short but it shows a lot of potential. I’m going to keep an eye on this.:+1:t3:

1 Like

It’s really short, but I can feel that this story is promising. I’m looking forward to more content. I’ve found your writing style very consistent besides some things that you could improve in future updates, but I liked it. I wish you good luck with this one :slight_smile:

1 Like

I really like your way of writing as well as the whole premise of the story, looking forward to seeing what it builds up to.

1 Like

Short but amazing as heck, keep up the good work! (✧ω✧)つ

1 Like

This looks like it’s going to be really interesting! I’m excited to see where it goes.

1 Like

Already loving this, not enough apocalypse/zombie games on this site, and this looks like it’ll be a banger

1 Like

I really loved the demo. It reminded of The last of us and Attack on titan. Your writing style is great. Can’t wait to see the next updates. Good luck!!! :relaxed:

1 Like

Yayy! A new zombie game! :heart_eyes:
Just played the demo and I’m already bitten (get it?? :wink:)

2 Likes

I love your writing style!! Super excited to see where this goes :slightly_smiling_face: Could you give us some info on the ROs, if it’s not too spoilery? :wink:

1 Like

Not too spoilery at all!

I had wanted to update the forum post itself (the actual RO section is cut off above I hadn’t finished it whoops) but it seems I can’t, so I plan to add a detailed summary on the tumblr over this weekend but the basics for now are:

There will be two ROs who are initially available in “Year 1” - Oliver/Olivia and Asher/Ashley respectively. They will be gender flippable, and depending on what branch is chosen in the game, you will meet one of them before the other.

While I can’t say too much on it for the moment, your character will have something of a pre-existing relationship with O (essentially, the characters know each other from the past) but I’ve just tweaked some overarching plot that may impact this, so this may change.

I’m at the point in one of the branches where O has been introduced in fact!

As for the other ROs, their names are Marlowe and Logan, both non-binary. They will be introduced later on in the overarching story as events develop and your character enters new and more unforgiving situations :wink:

I’ll definitely post something more this weekend, for now I’m chipping away at everything!

Thank you for the kind words and interest! <3

12 Likes

Actually, the fact that gender matters for the story seems a great idea! Good luck!!

3 Likes
  • Weary, angsty protagonist :heavy_check_mark:
  • Story based and character-driven :heavy_check_mark:
  • Game spans over a few years :heavy_check_mark:
  • Good writing :heavy_check_mark:

Yep, I’m already interested and I will be keeping track! Good luck with writing! :blush:

4 Likes

I really like this so far! I was initially hesitant about the zombie apocalypse description, but your writing is excellent and drew me in anyway. I particularly like the way you incorporated the character customization. It does double-duty as a customization process and it really illustrates both the world at large and the Enforcers as a faction. It’s probably the most natural one I’ve read.

It might be good to add in an ending page? I tried to play the non-Enforcer/Garrett branch like four times before I realized the page was hanging because that was the end. Now that’s on me for being dense, but I may not be the only one. I’m headed back to try the Enforcer branch.

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words re the opening/cc! Fingers crossed the rest of the game catches your eye too :slight_smile:

I’ll go in and ending page now, I had initially left out the Escapist path because it isn’t currently written since I’m focusing on the Enforcer branch first. Hopefully that makes things clearer going forward!

1 Like

So, great actualization, and I still like how u write, but I found some things:

Summary

This is from the fragment right after you select the parent that the gift belongs to, I selected mother and father, so it would be his wife, right?

Pair of trousers

Here, I get you mean the first RO, and I chose the female, so it would be her

The kind

As sweet as she could be

Back at her

She

To

1 Like

Thanks so much for taking the time to note all these down!

I’ve adjusted the files accordingly, these errors should be fixed now. Thanks again! <3

Your writing style is pretty cool and thanks for sharing and noting all these things for us.

2 Likes

It seems interesting, I love things like resident evil, and the last of us .I’m interested and can’t wait to see more

1 Like

Hi all! To anyone following this thread, I have posted a small update to the tumblr page I have for the game regarding the status of this project. Unfortunately things have been quite busy of late and I haven’t had the time to work on the story as much as I have wanted to, but I’m hoping to change that now that things have settled more! :slight_smile:

17 Likes