Project Legends: The Battlemage (WIP)

You have the option to train now, and your parents are going to show you some more advanced training practices for it, because spoilers.

Just wanted to point out that Across the Skies and Seas a project I am working as a member of Team SNK which also includes @KnightStrike and @Snowpanther has gotten it’s prologue up.

Thread of Across

Demo of Across

While you’re waiting for the next update of The Legend of the Battle Mage you can play the demo of Across as well!

2 Likes

I love it so far :slight_smile: I’m excited to see how Max’s character develops alongside my own. Also excited to see the consequences of the dreams my MC has been having…

I’ve been expanding on Max/Maxxie’s story quite a bit, so now he/she will have his/her own side quests. Quite a few of them too. Not sure how many I’ll have in the first book though. Maybe 2 tops.

3 Likes

Are you still going to use the logo I made?

slaps

It’s in the new update that will be pushed soon. Might just push the update for both Battlemsge and Across at the same time if that’s fine with you @Knightstrike should both be ready in a day or two.

(Coding bugs. Never code when you’re half-asleep.)

1 Like

It’s like 8:20pm in the East Coast right? How can you be half-asleep during that time?
Hahahah…

I always code when I’m half asleep. I’m forever sleepy.

1 Like

Phew, progress is in overdrive for the Battlemage again :stuck_out_tongue:

Been fixing a lot of the mistakes pointed out that I’ve yet to do. Again thanks to those who have pointed them out!

Also a question. When you’re in the training room… would you like an option to be lazy? Purely aesthetic really and honestly just harming yourself in the long run since you’re not training. The reason why I’m asking is because in life sometimes people choose to do nothing, because they’re tired, lazy, not in the mood, a variety of reasons really.

Or would you prefer I added it in, but it had some effect on gameplay like recovering HP etc etc.

Or just don’t add the option to be lazy all together.

• Yes! Add in a lazy option even if it doesn’t do much. My inner lazy self is calling!
  • Add in a lazy option, but it should be integral to some stats or game play mechanic.
  • No, don’t add in the lazy option. Bad Neo!

0 voters

Also. Don’t choose the last option just so you can choose Bad Neo :stuck_out_tongue:
It’s tempting I know.

Yeah, being lazy should be a choice. Hahaha

But there should also be an effect.

I guess Jeeve’s punch will take away most of your health and now you must rest for days before you’re recovered. Oh woe is the mage. A single punch crippling him/her so…

That was a joke :stuck_out_tongue:
Mostly…

All this talk about “being lazy” and “recovery” wants me to scream - “You are not doing the world a favor by making more little yous, running around.”

Just a thought. :dragon_face:

The world would be great with more me.

Just imagine it…

Well at least It’s not more @Nathan_Faxon.

But anyways… If I add in something like a rest option then I’ll probably add in more importance to health and mana, and possibly a stress stat like @JimD does too…

Actually I’ve been tinkering with the idea of a hard mode. Adding in my degrading stats code (if you don’t train something it’ll automatically decrease over time…), and stress, mana and health management…

So then another poll.
Would you play a hard mode version of a game? First yes it would be completely optional, and 2nd so far ideas I would have for it are stats that decrease if you don’t train them, you have to watch your health, mana, and stamina or else badend, have to rest to recover health, mana, and stamina.

That’s the barebones for a hard mode I’m thinking of with more that will probably be added, but again completely optional that would be selected in the beginning.

• Yes, I would play a Hard mode version
  • No, I wouldn’t but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t add one for others.
  • No, don’t ever add in a hard more!

0 voters

I won’t mind. I mean I enjoy Dark Souls, and that’s as Hard Mode as you can get. Hahaha

1 Like

Like when I had a small fall that was only about 1 inch. And died.

1 Like

I suppose I should have a good look at this WIP, ne? As best time allows me.

1 Like

I loved it it is different and good can’t wait for more

Just don’t fall asleep with your browser open and headphones on…

Had a spare few minutes so I took a quick look at the game. I really think the battle scene is very well done, but if this is a dream or a glimps of the future it really lets the reader down. You had me hyped and ready to die if it came down to it. Would have looked the monster in the eyes and smiled.

You have a strong writing style that does not need the gimmick of a dream scene to get me intrested. I am very ok with a dream scene but not for the opening. You had the drama going and the tension was good then pop was slapped in the face by the tempo change of the story.

I have high hopes for the game and will read more when I can. Of course this is only my two cents which is not worth much. So take or leave what I say ith a grain of salt. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks for the compliment and feedback.

Since it’s you @Lordirish I guess I don’t mind saying a mid sized spoiler or two…
So thank @Lordirish (or be mad at him!) for the spoilers.

Who ever said the dream was actually about you. Why can’t you be dreaming that you were someone else? Who said it was a simple “dream” and that it was about the future. Can’t be the present? Or the past…?
:wink:

I believe that’s a decent enough spoiler that’s going to raise more questions than answer. So if you wanna avoid spoilers and have even more questions then don’t click the blurred text.

Click it… 0.0

@Harley_Robin_Evans glad you enjoyed it!

4 Likes