Project Leap

conversations/debates on time travel and other theoretical subjects hurt my brain. #-O

Background Story…

The MC [Main Character] is a volunteer in a Government funded project. The purpose of the project is to discover the purpose of a machine found on another planet [Either the moon or mars].

The MC is the first person to use it. The machine causes the MC to time jump [Thanks @eposic for the terminology) to the year [XXXX - year to be decided randomnly] where they find their conciousness trapped within someone else’s body [The ‘Time Period Host’ or ‘Host’ for short - again thanks to @eposic for the terminology].

The MC must use the ‘Host’ to prevent something bad from happening. The MC is not alone, as a safety measure, a computer A.I. is linked to their neural network providing a visual image of a ‘caretaker’ who only the MC can see or hear.

The ‘caretaker’ is programmed with all known history so is able to provide information about the time period the MC is trapped in. The ‘caretaker’ also can find out what needs to be done to ‘time jump’ again but it takes time for the A.I. to sync the current timeline to its own databanks.

Stats…

How I’m thinking of approaching stats as that each ‘host’ will have fixed stats (so one ‘host’ might be strong but another could be smart.) depending on the players chosen background each stat gets an additional boost

for example let’s say there are four stats A, B, C and D, and each stat is initially rated 1-4

the player picks background 1 which results in these stats

A = 2
B = 4
C = 1
D = 3

next the player ‘time jumps’ into a host with these stats

A = 4
B = 3
C = 2
D = 1

during this time period the player will use the following stats

A = 6
B = 7
C = 3
D = 4

[Please note these are just an extreme example just to show what happens]

Opinions on the base idea would be welcome, I will be focusing on unnatural this week to fix the errors and finally get episode 2 finished, but I will be making this game once my current project is over.

1 Like

@Nocturnal_Stillness
I like to think I helped encourage the creation of this game :-bd

Also like the idea of foreign alien technology and MC/host combined stats only problem is how to increase stats for the MC throughout the episodes as the situations become more complex and the stat check’s harder, any ideas on how to implement the increases.

I like the idea of the MC sharing their hosts traits-harks back to Lee Harvey Oswald QL episodes-and I was also wondering how many more of QL’s good ideas could be implemented such as an “anti-jumper”(possibly from original alien race), revisiting hosts and jumping into several different hosts at different time periods that all affect one “target” whose life has a persistent tendency to take nose-dive after nose-dive.

1 Like

I was thinking. Maybe the time jump had messed with the A.J’s circuits so it is hard for it to communicate with you and it only works when your at the exact spot someone has time jumped. She tells you this thus hinting somebody is following you somehow ;3

cool idea

@Fujin Why the Kingdom Hearts version of Fujin?

@Shintaro I like this version…and It easier to find kh icons of fujin :stuck_out_tongue:

@Fujin Haha! True enough.