Project "Knightly Tale"

Try focusing on the valor only and everything that’s been mentioned already (supporting the royal family, taking the bastard, etc.). That should bring up the option to tell the King about his bastard child.

oh oke become a fool in court havn`t played it that way ever.

ps have not played it with high faith yet any intresting bit in that play?

Yeah you can witness and even perform what could be considered miracles and signs from god.

Miracles? As in healing the sick?

played full on faith did not see anything of that kind?

might have missed it or gone to fast but i did not see anything like that?

I think it’s been mentioned that piety will play a larger role in the later chapters of the story… Here’s a quote from a post @Goshman wrote a while back [August 22]:

Since the MC has the opportunity to meet the archbishop at chapter 4 it would be fair to assume that one would need a fairly high piety stat in order to trigger that scene. Also, I believe it was mentioned [and maybe even confirmed] that a chapter involving crusades might be in development so piety just might be involved in defending the faith. Who knows? Personally, I’m hoping the T-1000 makes a cameo.

1 Like

Here’s a quick excerpt you might be getting in the Crusade chapter. This is in a situation where you have above 70 piety, although some of it will appear even without that if you get to the scene. In any case, I will never comment on miracles in the story. If you wish to read any as such, it’s up to you. Like the green flame during the vigil, or the great burning of Avestan, or the thing in the hazy text I have provided below.

Also it should be said that I enjoy it that people are having difficulties in finding some specific point in the text. Yes, it should be achievable, but also knowing that people have difficulties finding it means I’m doing something right. I am hoping that glimpses into storylines others have opened might end up providing replay value. @redhead222, I am not sure where you’re going wrong since you’re not seeing the scene appear. It is there and you have gotten all the info necessary to unlock it.

The priests from inside the ziggurat collected around you and one by one you and your brothers were pushed to the edge of the ziggurat platform. You were forced to kneel down on the edge and you heard the large ceremonial swords of the priests leave their sheaths, the cold wavy steel pressed down against your neck and digging in. The priest began a chanting that the entire congregation united in, a great booming voice waving in and out of existence and praying to their god. The sword left your neck.

The harsh and sudden blow against your neck was like a lightning bolt in your body. You heard the screams of the men and women on the next platform as a sudden cold blew inside you throat. The sword hit again, this time a shock of pain tingling from your fingertips as your head rolled forwards and with open eyes you saw your head suddenly roll off your shoulders.

The last glimpse you saw was a bright strand of light come down from the heaven and with a loud crash strike against the top of the ziggurat. You felt the small bits of stone hit your face as they were thrown out in the explosion, the priests slumping to the ground and a fire starting inside the ziggurat and suddenly engulfing it in a blaze that billowed from the small priest chamber at the very top. Oddly, you could not hear anything but a quiet high hum in your ears, as if a distant choir singing as the lightning struck the high ziggurat.

Man how do you unblur stuff?

^ just click in it :smiley:

Thanks lol I should have tryed that

1 Like

This is absolutely great so far, and I really enjoy the level of detail you’ve put into it. At the moment I haven’t yet reached the end (of it so far) but I high hopes ヾ(・ω・*)ノ

very interesting.

ache bis thing i have had 1 or 2 times, personally like too go a bit more valor and a bit less faith. but the way i normaly play, the faith thing would i think help in the long game of power play and politics.

1 Like

Can I buy this yet… …

You have me completely entrapped in this story and I cannot wait until it is finished! Definitely a great!

I love this game! Great length and storytelling!

Hopefully this game gets completed as soon as possible since it is just damn cool.

1 Like

I believe an update is called for. Project “Knightly Tale” has been finished and has been submitted for approval as a Hosted Game. It has morphed into the Interactive Novel “Lords of Aswick”

The end result after nine or ten months of writing, editing and testing is a ~290k word interactive novel, with any single “full” read-through being anywhere between 50k to 70k words, depending on paths and choices.

6 Likes

Congratulations! Can’t wait for this to hit the AppStore since it’s one of my favorite WIPs.

I can’t wait! Congratulations!

im so gonna buy it but i have a question when will it be released this month or the next?