Project Ascension (WiP)

So I found this. I dont know whether is has been reported yet but it follows the skill route for creativity and silver tongue

1 Like

Thank you! Should be fixed.

So I’ve expanded character customization, and added an additional choice in ch3; you can now choose not to resist the hunger. So we now have two additional stats, Hunger and Corruption; I thought it would be interesting to have an option for an (eventual) “downward spiral” type of story. …Guess we horror now, guys :hugs:

3 Likes

Ive encountered this error and can not proceed beyond this point

1 Like

Thanks for reporting! I’ve fixed an error, though I’m not sure if it was the one responsible for this lol. Anyway, the part beyond this is still WiP and technically unreleased, so there might be more errors lurking in the bushes @@

1 Like

Ah well, might as well turn this into another mini-update. Chapter 3 is now like 2/3 done. In the new part, we have some more exposition, some revelations, blahblah the usual. It also probably has bugs, because my laptop still refuses to run tests (and because I wrote a large part of this in-between preparing for a physiology test, lol)

Cheers and stay safe~

6 Likes

Great update as always, may I suggest the option to be worried about Valeria in class? She did lose her precious notebook in a very bad way, or Luci, since she does seem to be having doubts about Magistrix Iulia, I want to see where she pushes this to.

When asking if Perib has any other powers:

“It happened several times already, so it might be important.” "This voice talked to me. Double quote, same person, nothing inbetween

When trying to help the girls:

“Don’t worry, I won’t tell anyone” and “Sure.” Not like it’s my business anyway.

1 Like

I’ll add it! Thanks for the suggestion, and thanks for catching the bugs :smiley:

1 Like

Things certainly took a turn huh. I guess we gonna need to find an ass who cursed us and have a stern conversation~ :laughing:

And yay for the voice in MC’s head, charmed :laughing:

Also caught a stray error :purple_heart:

Summary

1 Like

I like writing stories that take turns :innocent: It’s fun. And thanks for catching the error, these bugs are getting way too comfortable here. Should be fixed now!

The voice is not going away anytime soon. In fact, it’ll some wisdom to impart at the end of this chapter, too, alongside a bit of backstory~

3 Likes

This was really good!! Very entertaining! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: I’m already hooked on the story and the characters

1 Like

This has got me hooked, read it a couple of times now, look forward to more, all o can say is wow with the hunger

1 Like

Update 31/10: ch3 is finally done, yay.

This update is mostly just a single big scene. But it’s also pretty complex, and it somehow ended up bigger than the previous update in terms of wordcount. But it also means I’ve likely missed some bugs @@ Please report them to me so I can squash them.

The size of the scene also means that I’ve moved the talk with the voice to the beginning of the next chapter. Uhh… That’s it, I think. Now I can sleep.

7 Likes

Don’t forget to take care of yourself after extensive writing as well :black_heart: :white_heart:

I really like all the action stuff that’s going on and definitely magic :eyes:

I’m of course intrigued by all the mystery, it feels like people around us know more that our character does, but MC do seem to often feel “familiar” with things, so i thought about memory block or loss maybe, but it’s just could be me missing details, i should probably play different rotes and pay attention more :joy: Also take notes in the process, because my memory is terrible :grin:

I had my suspicions about our neighbor, that turned out right, but i didn’t want jump the gun, but gotta admit it feels good to be correct in the end~
But i’m a little surprised that he is also the choice to pull our dumb ass out of the fire, he feels a little mechanical as of now, even Mr. Agent has more emotions, i guess he was doing his job :thinking:

Caught some pesky errors :purple_heart:

Summary

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply, the well-wishes and for catching the errors! <3 These should be fixed now.

The reason the MC feels familiar is because they are familiar with magic. This didn’t come up because I didn’t focus on their past, but guess I’ll have to put that in.

R is all about keeping others away, for now. Though describing him as ‘mechanical’ is mildly fitting :thinking: This will come up soon, alongside his story with L.

3 Likes

Thank you for clarifying, i’m not sure why i got the impression that there is something missing from the memory, it could be as you said MC knows all about magic, but i’m not, and since we didn’t delve into backstory, so it is my mind that is missing things in the end :joy:

Also, i’m not sure if it was clear or not, but i meant R’s mechanical feel in a good way. He felt sort of wrong or overwoldy, because his reactions were not what you usually expect from a person that is dealing with monsters surrounded by fire. Mr. Agent feels like he is too usually keeps people away at first, but even he had little smiles or frowns that felt human, but R felt blank at first, it was creepy in a good way. At least he did have an emotion in the end, that made it less creepy :joy:

1 Like

I`m in love with Felix already :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

When u have the options to help x characters or run, if u choose help one character, you can’t continue, the three options give u Error :point_up_2::thinking:

1 Like

Do you happen to use an older save? Because for now, I don’t see what could have caused this from the code. But I remember getting a similar error in a different game and it was related to using an old save.

Otherwise I’ll continue looking into this~

2 Likes

There seems to be an issue with the necropolis scene, if I defeated the snake with Em the “just like old times” is greyed out while “I didn’t know you were… you know” Is selectable. I get the exact opposite if Felix is who I fought the snake with so I think the game is checking for the wrong thing.

I also got the exact same error as Lowern using a completely new game. It’s on a new device from my old saves too so there shouldn’t be any issues with my cache or anything like that

1 Like