PRIMEd (Hero/Villain early-WIP)

Well well a little peak into @ParrotWatcher life. Interesting. I would love to control phosphorus or some of the heavy metals. Phosphorus would be something associated with heat(fire is my go to element in games) and they metals could have great applications like creating weapons/armor/devices out of it. Controlling different elements of the periodic table is a great idea.

Im gonna try to write branching stories. So if you choose to be a hero, then you get the hero story but if you pick to be a villain, different story. But the stories will try to coincide in choices like theres a bank scene, either you saving it or robbing it.

I honestly don’t understand, these PRIMERS can’t control an element if it’s not it its purest form, yet they somehow managed to cause panic and terror for the rest of the world?

Heck, they can’t even manipulate oxygen in the air(true, those are O2, but still), I can’t see how they managed to do that considering how eager an element is to stabilize itself, thus rendering it ‘impure’.

2 Likes

A scientist who can shoot rifles, hmm…this is getting scarier by the moment. :thinking:
Uh, oh, now your username starts to make sense, your field is ornithology and those rifles shoot tranquilizer darts, right?

5 Likes

Butterflies not Birds! (lepidopterist not ornithologist)

And you can’t really shoot a butterfly with anything other than a camera.

Bah no shooting birds either! They are our dinosaur overlords!

@Mr_Suitz Okay on topic!

I’m not in favour of villain vs hero stats, because really there’s no choice at all. You end up being railroaded, and there’s no real moral decisions. You just have to pick the Hero (or villain) option every time. It’s boring.

And alas, the elemental powers really aren’t exciting me much, especially if they have to be in their pure form.

5 Likes

If the MC can use Francium wouldn’t everything just explode when they try to use their power? Or is that Caesium?

1 Like

Maybe make it so that you can control elements in their impure form but make it so this is hard and very tiring (the more impure the harder it is). That way it’s still not too overpowered but isn’t impossible.

I also have to agree with some of the others with heroic, neutral and villainous being quite boring personalities. With the dragon age II personalities (diplomatic, sarcastic and aggressive) it was interesting because it wasn’t so clear cut and dry. They should be more unique like brooder (ie. Batman) crazy (ie. Harley Quinn) and charmer (ie. Captain America). You can even take those ideas if you want. You can still then have a good/bad statistic seperate to personality.

1 Like

Yup. :grin: (@Mr_Suitz, you did say you wanted powerful, right? ;P)

It’s not so much that they’re boring as that they’re not really personalities. You can have jerkish good guys, charming villains, and anything in-between.

(@idonotlikeusernames and @FairyGodfeather, as for my secret identity: it’s a secret! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

4 Likes

I’m imagining someone had the brilliant idea of combining an Hydrogen Primer and an experimental replica of HALO particle beam rifle. Or that some primers reunited to create an atomic bomb…

Yeah boring is probably the wrong word.

Definitely an interesting premise… seeing elemental powers based on the periodic elements is just fun :sunglasses:

I noticed you were saying pure form only, so here’s a thought that popped to mind… if you have a hydrogen-powered person and an oxygen-powered person get together, could their powers combined give them control over water? :grin:

I’m going to tag team with @ParrotWatcher on this, because that’s what we do best :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The big question for you to ask is quite simple: Will a playthrough with a gay character be as fun as one with a straight character? If all the best romantic material is heterosexual-only, that just feels unfair. But if you have a mix of straight-only and gay-only, and the quality and importance are comparable, then both have plenty of potential and there’s no problem at all. :slight_smile:

I’d agree with other people’s cautions about this. If these are the main choices, then it’s going to feel less like I’m really engaging with and interacting with the story and more like I’m just going along with one. If you have more difficult and complicated decisions, which sounds entirely possible within the framework you’ve set up, that would make the interactivity have a significantly greater impact.

Perhaps he is a parrot who watches butterflies? Or a butterfly who watches parrots? :thinking:

3 Likes

Lies!, I’ve finally figured it all out, we’re the “parrots”. @ParrotWatcher is the scientist running our whole world as some sort of giant “ancestor simulation” social experiment from the 31st century and you’re simply one of his avatars @TSSL as that would explain the more than superficial similarities between you two. Yield to my awesome powers of deduction!
Hey, this “alternative facts” things is kind of fun, now I understand why your new president and his press-secretary are so addicted to it they simply can’t stop. :+1:

4 Likes

@Nightgazer, @Zassuen
The fearing part will be in the story, cant spoil it. But you are on something.

@Nightgazer, @FairyGodfeather, @VeeGees, @TSSL
On regards to the super power, you gotta think the infamous game series (where im mostly basing stuff on) and the prototype game.
Biggest example would be abigal who is a conduit with NEON powers, an element in the periodic table (abilities are gonna be similar)
As for the prototype influence, a person with copper as their power, can like turn their arm into a copper blade, envelop body in copper, or create a copper shied, and other stuff.

Is the MC going to be overpowered from the start, if they chose a powerful element(I haven’t read if you would allow the player to choose their own element or if it’s pre-determined) or are they going to have a gradual scale up(maybe a scale down? :stuck_out_tongue:). Anyways, this seems really interesting. I’m eager to see what you make of it.

Main character’s power in still in the thinking process but for story purposes, it will be powerful, rare and everyone is gonna want it.

“Want” it? Does that imply that the power can be taken away? If so, that could make for some interesting plot twists.

MC is in the middle of a boss battle when the evil villain suddenly sends out a force field that negates the MC’s powers.

Okay, I know that force fields aren’t exactly elements, but I’m not really sure how other elements would go about stealing/nullifying other elemental powers. :sweat_smile:

This might be heading into spoiler territory, but does the MC know from the beginning that they have this rare and dangerous power? Do they know how to control it, or are they completely at odds with it?

You know who would be the luckiest of them all? Carbon manipulator, just imagine changing your pencils into diamonds, then buying more pencils from the money, rinse and repeat, BAM, instant trillionaire.

2 Likes

:eyes:
No. The MC will be handcuffed, his hand on his back, wears a collar that’s connected to a several rod to hold the MC’s movement, and brought to a secret underground detention facility to be brainwashed.

Or create the strongest shield in the world with some pencils

Ah, sorry. I just can’t hold it :stuck_out_tongue:

Can your shield withstand an assault from a main battle tank (which you can afford since you’re filthy stinking rich)? No? My thought exactly.

1 Like

Not really. Diamonds are only expensive because the diamond companies basically hoard the vast majority of diamonds to keep the prices artificially high. If you start flooding the market, the prices will drop and soon you’d be selling sparkly gravel. (Or the diamond companies would have you killed…)

5 Likes