Possible IFComp Entry- Results up :)

Hi everyone. I have a choicescript game that I’ve been trying to get ready for the IFComp. It’ll hopefully be an entry this year if I can get it ready in time, but if there’s issues I’ll lengthen it out and submit it as a HG, or a later comp like spring thing instead so it’ll end up getting published either way!

Had a few setbacks along the way that have delayed getting it finished, but it’s hopefully just about done now and I’m looking to have a version out that can be tested by tomorrow. The main problem is that entries have to be in before the 28th so there’s not a lot of time :sweat:.

I’d really appreciate it if anyone would be willing to beta test this game for me and let me know what you think. I’m looking for any and all feedback from typos to bugs and other suggestions. (I may be a little restricted on what I can add to the competition entry version due to time constraints, but small things like extra choices or little scenes might be possible. Or I could go back and add to it after the comp.) And of course if you’d like your name to be listed as a tester on the comp entry I’d be happy to do so!

So what’s it about? Unfortunately due to the rules, I can’t post a demo on the open forum or say too much about it right now, but it is a short (about 16k words) CS game that involves a kelpie/water horse.

Thanks for reading. If anyone would be willing to help me out as a tester, please let me know here or send me a PM :slight_smile:

17 Likes

I can try to playtest, though I do have a week full of flights and stuff (great for writing, but not so good for testing as you normally need an internet connection for that…)

2 Likes

Thanks adrao :slight_smile:
Just want to run through it a couple more times to make sure all the bugs are out and I’ll send you a link. I’m a little worried it might not be ok for the comp, I would have liked longer to get it ready, but if everyone seems to think it’s a bit rushed or there’s lots of stuff that needs changing I can always put it off and use it for something else later. If you don’t get to it, don’t worry at all. Sounds like you’re super busy and are going to have iffy internet. I’ve really cut it very fine for time with testing.

1 Like

I’ve never tested, I’m new to this forum although I have lurked a bit, but I would still be more than willing. I have way too much time on my hands, might as well be productive. :joy:

2 Likes

I can test it out. Am kinda free this week

2 Likes

I have never tested before but I have a lot of free time this week and am happy to test it out

1 Like

Well, I’ve never tested before but I’m more than willing to test it out this week.

1 Like

I would love to test out beta I’ll message you my feedback while playing or when I’m done.

1 Like

I would enjoy testing a new game out this week. I’ll do my best work around my schedule this week if u do decided to send me a link

2 Likes

PM me :slight_smile: No guarantees as I’m also having a frantic week but I’d like to try and squeeze in at least one beta test as well.

2 Likes

IFFFFFFF COOOOOOOOMPPPPP~
I can’t help or anything since I’ve been so busy lately, you know, but I WISH YOU THE BEST OF LUCK!!! :heart:

3 Likes

Me I’m free

2 Likes

I’d love to help out if you need another tester. :relaxed:

2 Likes

Same here, I’m a bit busy but I can still help out if you need more beta testers.

2 Likes

Thank you everyone! That’s amazing so many people have offered to help when the comps only just around the corner. I’ll send out the links today :smile:

1 Like

Thank you again for the amazing response :blush: Sorry about the delay in getting links out, my internet chose today to get really slow and patchy for some reason. (I love wireless internet, someone’s probably put up a scaffold up the road or maybe it doesn’t like the weather today. Wouldn’t be the first time :stuck_out_tongue:)

I think I’ve sent links to the game to everyone who volunteered to test, but if you didn’t get one please let me know and I’ll send it along. (Sorry if that’s happened it’s not on purpose, I’m just having a bad internet day at times which is making life difficult.)

1 Like

If you’re still looking for beta testers, I would love to beta test your game

2 Likes

Sure :slight_smile: I’m just making a some changes to fix some typos and bugs and then I’ll send you a link.

I would also love to test your game if i can :smile:

1 Like

I’d love to beta test too! I’m free this whole week, with nothing to do, lol.

1 Like