Possible IFComp Entry- Results up :)

I would also like to test your game if you’re still looking for testers.

1 Like

I’d would love to beta test, I have the time.

1 Like

@howlin_drak, @Xiomy_Gomez, @Lupita, @Epic Thank you for the offer to test. I’ve been amazed at the support from the members of this forum especially given the short notice. Thanks so much everyone! :hugs:

I had a bit of a busy day and haven’t had a chance to go through all the feedback I’ve been sent yet. I’ll do that and fix any problems and then send a link out if you’d still like to test.

1 Like

I would love to beta test your game

1 Like

If you still want some more people to test it, I’d be happy too give feedback

1 Like

Hi everyone. I think I’ve sent out links to everyone who asked but my internet is still being a bit glitchy, so please let me know if you didn’t get one.

Thank you to everyone who has been testing this game for me! The response has been amazing :smile:

I think I probably have enough volunteers for testing at the moment. (I’m working on getting all the feedback I’ve been given into the game at the moment as the comp starts in a few days.) I’ve posted an update but haven’t fixed everything yet. Will hopefully get it all done over the next 24 hours or so :sweat_smile:.

Also I’d love include everyone who has sent me feedback as a beta tester on the game. If you’d prefer not to be listed, or would like me to use a name other than the one you use for this forum, just let me know :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Epic. I’ll send you a PM soon about that, or if a few people want to discuss the have I’ll set up a group PM.

Can I ask a favour, could you please delete the above comment as I’m not sure if entries can be discussed publically before the comp. (If anyone knows for sure let me know but I’m not certain so erring on the side of caution here.)
Thanks!

(Sorry I should have said about the comp rules for this in the top post.)

@Epic and @Jacic - I hid Epic’s post, just in case

1 Like

If you still need beta testers I’d be happy to test it

1 Like

So it’s in and submitted :slight_smile: (Although the games are not released for the IFComp and able to be read until Oct 1st for anyone wanting to head over and see them.)

Thank you again to everyone who helped me get this tested and ready to enter! I really appreciate it! No way I would have caught all the bugs and typos that were found without you in time, plus I received some really good feedback and ideas for the story itself. (I’ve implemented what I could in time, and will look at potentially doing a post release version with more later.)

Also, if just in case anyone missed the above post, if you’d like to be credited under a name other than what you use on the forums here please let me know. (I can’t update until the comp opens, but I think it looks like I can do edits like this if needed in a couple of days.)

3 Likes

Good luck buddy!

:smiley:

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

That’s so great that you’re entering! I always thought the comp could use more choicescript entries, and I’m excited to see what you put out!

1 Like

Hey I would like to beta test if that’s ok

Hi @Gamerboy01. Sorry it has already been submitted. You can read it in a few days if you still want to have a look though :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey, I loved your game, and I’ve given it a 5-star review on IFDB:

https://ifdb.tads.org/viewgame?id=d9j9qyq6zfka25zg#memberReviews

4 Likes

Hi @Brian_Rushton. Thank you very much for the really nice review you wrote for my game! Really appreciate you taking the time to do that and I’m glad you liked it :blush:

1 Like

Just a follow up for everyone, my entry Each-uisge ended up placing 28th, which considering it was my first go at entering IFComp and there were 82 entries I was quite happy with. Big thank you again to everyone who helped me beta test this and get it ready for the comp! :fireworks:

If anyone didn’t get to see all the IFComp entries this year and would still like to play them, there is a list of games on the IFComp site, and most should now be up on IFDB including my game here.

If anyone is considering entering a game in IFComp next year and you are ok with potentially getting frank feedback on occasion, I’d encourage you to do so. The author’s forum was very friendly, and I ended up with a lot of useful information both good and bad about my entry which I am grateful for. They also really need voters and all the games are free to play, so recommend checking the site out next time IFComp rolls around :slight_smile:

9 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.