Phoenix: The Beginning (WIP)

I don’t think viper is creepy. It’s just that her personality antagonizes my own my character knows they won’t get along so he will avoid her to avoid annoying and unnecessary situations.

I played it a few more times and i think I’m starting to like the mystery of why she chooses not to interact with the rest of the group and what her power is.

Lol. I guess some characters just come into exsitance for that one random person (me) to enjoy. I am very excited to see her story!

2 Likes

There’s a bit of an update. I added a few phrases here and there and broke up the paragraphs more. I also included part of chapter 3 because I feel like it will be a while before the rest of the chapter is finished. Also, it might motivate me more. Fighting scenes are the worst. :cry:

I hope you all enjoy it!

7 Likes

Phew okay, I enjoyed the writing, but with my first play through I didn’t care for anyone there. I’ll have to restart and try to pay more attention to my kidnappers. They take way too many liberties with you, and you just have to sit there and take it. These people drugged you, kidnapped you, say you have no choice and you just sit there and let them drag you around with no real protest. I’m not trying to make friends with any of these people, I’m not sure how the king expects me to put my life on the line for ANY of these psychos. Without some form of mind control they might as well have kidnapped a potted plant for all the help I’ll give anyone.

1 Like

@Dancingcups It’s good that you feel that way! In fact, I was wondering if anyone felt this way because that’s how you should react if this happened in real life. I do plan to give you choices where you can just refuse to cooperate. However, don’t count all the characters out yet. You’re not the only one in this situation.

That’s exactly how I felt! Why do these people think that it’s totally fine to kidnap someone and act all nice and happy? They should really get some empathy. I thought Flower would.

@Nhia also I replayed it making all rude choices and all the relationship scores were at a low amount so I think it’s fixed :smiley:

I had pretty much the same reaction. Even if you have to be railroaded into it for story’s sake, you should at least make the railroading a lot more explicit, right?

Player: “What’s in it for me?”

Viper: “Not being beat up by Glacier.”

@KitsuneGoto Aw, Flower is just doing her best to make you feel welcomed, even if you don’t want to be. If she didn’t, no one else would’ve and that probably would have been a worse experience.

@Crotale Reasons for complying will come after the fight scenes. You’ll have a choice to refuse to heal the Fighters and if you do refuse, you’ll get the reason there. I didn’t want to threaten people when they haven’t done anything Etheridge considers wrong yet because Etheridge did give you a reason for why he’s fighting. Someone could be playing as an MC who has the same belief.

And how would he react to an mc that is chaotic neutral and just does whatever they feel like because they aren’t bound by any moral code. (besides their own heart and mind)

@faewkless He wouldn’t mind as long as you follow his orders and don’t get in his way. If you do, let’s just say be prepared to face the consequences of disobeying the king.

@Nhia Out of curiousity, will Phoenix ever tell us to ‘Shut up, shut up, shut up’ at some point later in the story? Sorry couldn’t resist.

Just played this and have to say that I’m super interested in seeing where this goes! I agree with what some other people have said about these people kidnapping you and then acting like everything is fine and trying to be your friend. My MC was definitely taken aback by this, but she started to comply and be a bit more friendly because it seemed like that would be in her best interest for now. Also Flower was just trying so hard. How could I not be at least a bit nice? I’m definitely interested in finding out why it seems that they think they need to kidnap the MC to get her involved. Why couldn’t they just use slightly more normal recruitment methods? I’m sure that’s all part of the mystery though :wink:

I’m also really interested in finding out more about these characters. So far I’m most intrigued by Glacier. Something about the standoffish sarcasm makes me want to get to know him and see what he’s like when he let’s his guard down a bit. I guess I’ll just have to wait and find out!

@Grapefruit I’m assuming this is a reference to something? I’m sorry but I don’t know what it’s referring to.

@JuliaGulia I’m glad you liked it! Aw, it’s kind of you to think of Flower. If you want to know more about your kidnapping/recruitment, you’re going to have to ask Viper. I’m happy you like the characters! You’ll get a chance to interact with them individually later on in chapter 3.

@Grapefruit is referencing tsundere behavior.
He is calling phoenix a tsundere.

@Grapefruit @faewkless Oh! Is it perhaps Shana from Shakugan no Shana? I totally forgot about her! Lol. I can’t believe I didn’t get that the first time. I guess I’m more used to the Japanese word instead. Wow, I didn’t know I had so many similarities. Well fortunately for me, and maybe unfortunately for you, Phoenix’s personality is different. (She’s also taller and older. In my head, she also has really long bangs.) She’s not a tsundere. I’m not sure how to describe her. A lone wolf maybe?

Aye, I love this :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

This game’s plot is very interesting, I love it 8 >w< 8 I like the style and dynamics ( and I find that the game itself it’s kind of cute ). But I agree with other users: some of your fellow captives (or whatever they are…) are way to chummy with you, it irks me :laughing: Good job with making it possible trying to escape and being mean to the others.

I have a question. Well, more than one, but those are little details. :innocent:

If Viper is only immune to poison, when she captured you, what did she use on you to knock you out? Just a mouthful of spit? Yuck. :persevere:

And if she’s just immune to poison (as in “substance that causes injury, illness, or death, especially by chemical means.”) does that mean that substances of other nature can harm her? For example, a shot of insulin: it’s a hormone naturally produced by the pancreas, and if injected to someone whose levels of insulin are fine, then it produces lethargy, heart palpations and uncontrollable trembling. :syringe:

I thought the same thing.
She drank a mouthful of poison to knock us out and then when she kissed us spat it into our mouth.
She is going to get revenge to the nth degree.

2 Likes

@Lycoris I’m glad you liked it! Viper is only immune to poison so any other deadly things can still kill her. Do I sense someone plotting a murder?

Also, I apologize for any trauma I cause but @faewkless got it right. Viper transferred the poison from her mouth into yours through the kiss. I was going to defend her but I got nothing. She’s on her own.

1 Like

@Nhia Yes. I was refering to Shana. Red hair, red eyes, wields a katana and has flame powers. If it wasn’t for the lack of aggression from her, she’s a downright Shana clone.