Philosophy and Quotes?

Hey people!!! Justin here again!!! And I just want all of us to share quotes, sayings, philosophy and etc here…things like “yesterday was history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that’s why the call it the ‘present’.”
I quoted it from the movie Kung Fu Panda… lol :slight_smile: so yeah… hope you get the point of this discussion… I’m a big fan of history and philosophy…so I just want everyone to share there own… Thanks and Duces!!! *beer in in hand* CHEERS!!!

^ ehh, im sure you know what my philosphy is…

People will believe what they want to believe, be it the truth or not.

• MrYoungzman
    Honestly though, that one’s been thrown around for a while, so I don’t know who came up with it.

“When someone is crying, of course, the noble thing to do is to comfort them. But if someone is trying to hide their tears, it may also be noble to pretend you do not notice them.”
-Lemony Snicket

“Men invent new ideals because they dare not attempt old ideals. They look forward with enthusiasm, because they are afraid to look back.” -G.K Chesterton

Lemony Snicket. He’s deranged. Love him and his work.

Better dead than red.-Nazis

“People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it’s true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.”

1. (not really philosophy, but…) THEY CAN TAKE OUR LIVES, BUT THEY’LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!

2. “If your life was a play, would you slow it down, or speed it up?”

You can fast forward a play? And here I thought that was only movies/videos.

“Speed up the film, Montag, quick… Uh! Bang! Smack! Wallop, Bing, Bong, Boom! Digest-digests, digest-digest-digests. Politics? One column, two sentences, a headline!.. Whirl man’s mind around about so fast under the pumping hands of publishers, exploiters, broadcasters that the centrifuge flings off all unnecessary, time-wasting thought!” — Captain Beatty

“If I were a younger man, I would write a history of human stupidity; and I would climb to the top of Mount McCabe and lie down on my back with my history for a pillow; and I would take from the ground some of the blue-white poison that makes statues of men; and I would make a statue of myself, lying on my back, grinning horribly, and thumbing my nose at You Know Who.”-- Bokonon

“The greatest thing any true zealot can do for their cause is shut the hell up and let the moderate, rational people handle it. They’re the ones people will actually listen to.” - Tao Stranahan

“Whoever said nothing is impossible obviously never tried slamming a revolving door.” ~ unknown (just thought I’d throw that in there)

“You can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it’s the honest ones you have to watch out for, because you never know when they might do something… Stupid.” Jack Sparrow/Pirates of the Carrabean

“The most incomprehensible thing about the universe is that it is incomprehensible.” - Albert Einstein

“All that is necessary for evil to triumph, is that good men do nothing.” -edmund Burke

“Men try to fight destiny only to achieve an early grave. Some try to flee destiny only for it to swallow them whole. Then there are those who embrace destiny and do not show their fear, these are the ones that change the world.” Flemmath from DO2

“Personal affection is a luxury you can have only after all your enemies are eliminated. Until then, everyone you lone is a hostage, sapping your courage and corrupting your judgment.” Empire by Orson Scott Card

I got another one.“Never doubt that a small group of committed people can change the world. Indeed, It is the only thing that ever has.” Marget Mead

The good and bad guys are always predictable, you can always guess what they will do. It is the gray men in the middle that you need to watch out for, because you never know quite what they are going to do. - unknown.

“Where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.” Gandhi.
There’s a LOT here… http://www.martialdevelopment.com/blog/best-martial-arts-quotes/

Scratch that, only twenty :3

“Everyone is necessarily the hero of his own life story.”
Don’t know who said it, but I think it is very true.

and this is another favorite of mine:
" We all make choices. But in the end, our choices make us." ―Andrew Ryan in Bioshock.