Palace of Paradise - WIP

Ah times were much simpler then

I agree the roommate is lovably naive in their methods, but I think I can understand what their (very poorly constructed) plan was. When you load into the game, your roommate is upset when they’re told that you guys are #9 and #10 because they hoped to be the first ones in. I assume their plan was probably to be like "Oh I guess we’re supposed to find our one true love here…and we’re the only ones here rn :smirk: :smirk: :smirk: :smirk: :smirk: :smirk: ". Makes them funny tho, so I find their flawless plan to be a nice touch

22 Likes

Oh! You’re probably right… I hadn’t thought about the roommate’s plan but that makes sense. :thinking:

this WIP is Hilarious! Those dialogues…I swear!

Take mah Money already! and give me moarrrrr! :smile:

2 Likes

This game has a lot of potential, and I’m looking forward to reading more! I hope that there will be more choices to customize our character (i.e height, body shape, style preference) in the future, as well as stats/skills we can increase/decrease. Lanni and Avi are already my personal favorites, and I can’t wait to see if we can romance an AI!

Cheers!

Wowwww!!! I really liked your story and am looking forward to it!!:heart::heart:

It strikes me as kind of odd that your roommate doesn’t know what colour your eyes are, especially considering that they supposedly have a crush on you. Feels like that sort of basic information is something you’d know about someone you’re attracted to.

3 Likes

Not my story. People who know me would vouch that I write something quite different.

I’m really excited to see how this goes! My favorite aspect is the hilarious dialogue choices, but I really like the different personalities. So far, I think Kian is my favorite :hugs:, but Orian is very interesting as someone who can convey both creepy and soft vibes in a single “Yeah…” :hushed:

Summary

image I think something goes between rigidly and living room. image your

1 Like

Thank you! I fixed those slight errors :slight_smile: I’m also happy you enjoy the dialogues! I enjoy writing them haha.

That’s true! I kinda wrote them to be a horridly socially inept extrovert haha. I can see about switching around the dialogue to include that.

Thank you for your support! I’m happy you enjoyed it :slight_smile:

Yeah, most likely I’ll add more character customization, although it will most likely be after I finish the main skeleton of the game. Doing that, I can go back through and know where to put various height change dialogues and such haha.

Yep, Avi is an RO, so you may very well fulfill your dream of romancing an AI, much to the chagrin of the real people within the game looking for love hahaha.

A flawless plan indeed! Nothing could go wrong there haha.

Thank you for all the feedback and support! :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Do we meet our chosen RO in real-life at the end of the game? I’m asking this because I’m wondering how this would work with the AI RO - seems like it would be rather cruel and depressing for our MC to fall in love them, only to realise that they can’t actually be with them outside of the virtual game world.

11 Likes

Yes, and well, I have a plan for the AI haha.

3 Likes

Queue EDI from Mass Effect? :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

EDI is one of my favorite characters from the mass effect series thank you Cerberus

Perhaps the AI could be like Quorra of Tron Legacy ? She is an Isomorphic Algorithms which evolve on her own and eventually Morph into human physical body at the end of movie

1 Like

Or we transfer our mind completely into the matrix

4 Likes

That could also be a nice idea, let our mind live in our dream…

The saddest approach is like Joi of Blade Runner 2049, basically a virtual image who exist in our mind … and we cannot physically touch such Virtual image even though they are intelligent enough to talk to us

2 Likes

found: You guiltily remember the time when you grinded almost ten levels ahead of her while he went out grocery shopping. (that He there…)

1 Like

Interesting concept…

1 Like

Liking this already too