Over the Great River (WIP) (Updated 04/01/2020)

this showed up when I was chosen my last name

Not necessarily based on Russia, even though the military ranks are put in both Serbo-Croatian and Russian, or mix of the two, I couldn’t really give a real world equivalent to Ljahia (unless a Pan-Slavic union is formed while I’m still working on it)

29/11/2019
Added a bunch of things, stat screen included, dictionary and some role, considering making it more clear what pronouns you’re choosing at the beginning

4 Likes

The Demo is interesting, but some words sound really really awkward, like Gospodyica or Poruchnica, you can just use Poruchik and add their name after that, but if you want to use it for female,it could sound nicer with Gospozha and Poruchitskaya(poruch’ya) maybe. I speak Russian, so these words can be from a different slavic language all together through. And the pacing are a little weird one moment our character has an internal crisis about the murders they committed kinda out nowhere than they suddenly recover from that and start laughing and flirting? It was a little bizarre for me. :slight_smile: Good luck with your demo, I hope this one will be more interesting for you, I’ll certainly look forward for more. :smiley:

2 Likes

«Gospodyica » - это сербское женское название, написанное иначе ради наших западных друзей
Apologies for the awkward Russian, my prof in Belgrade sucked, also what I realise I should have done is made it more clear that the conversation with the Marshal (in my mind) is chronologically the last

1 Like

Yeah this what i suspected about «Gospodyica», thank you for clarifying <3

3 Likes

Found this.

Yugoslavia was a kind of a pan-slavic union.

So I was supposed to post another update today but in-between dragging my flatmate to party meetings, laughing at pictures of the Habsburg family, getting almost stabbed, and dealing with life in general I didn’t have time
Sincere apologies

2 Likes

Update 06/12/2019
This one is relatively small
Another conversation added, spelling errors and such fixed, added pronoun indicators at the beginning

2 Likes

04/01/2020
So I was gone for a while and didn’t have acmes to my pc until now, but now I’m back with another update, this time I’ve finished the whole prologue/intro as well as mostly explained the event from the past

I’m hoping to go back to the 2-3 week update schedule now, though I can’t promise that

2 Likes

Will there be any difference in what unit we pick.

Yes

2 Likes

I cant get to the next page. Is this where the story ends for now or is it an error? Loving the story so far keep up the good work! :+1:

Will there be a big impact on what unit you choose later on in the story.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.