OUROBOROS (WIP) [Updated 12th June 2023] [NEW! discord + tumblr + patreon]

What an amazing WIP ! Can’t wait to know more about the characters and the rest of the story!

2 Likes

@Alexa_Nicolaou Oh wow I’m so happy you like it :> Thank you for your kind words <3

@Knort_Fox Thank you :smiley: I’m excited for you to read more of it!

@Vikingxodio :O!!! eeeep! This is too kind. And yeah, def. I have held this world close for very long, so it has it’s layers :stuck_out_tongue: Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :slight_smile:

@Jimmy_Jones :> I’m so glad you think so!

@Kinuit ! Hearteyes for days! I’m all mushy over these kind words :’)

For anyone interested, the demo-edit is chugging along; I added more choices on how Id carries you if you refuse to go (there was someone on tumblr that suggested princess-carrying and I couldn’t stop thinking about it. lol), so there will be two more options there apart from the shoulder. I have also finally figured out how I’m going to utilize Unicode-hints, so that is being implemented as well!
I’m going to gather all changes into one update, so it’s still a little while away, I’d say a week or two at least. I got a new laptop today so I’m working more efficiently, and on the go! :>

18 Likes

This looks super interesting and exactly my cup of tea!!!

1 Like

Could MC protest more? Try to get away when Id carry them?

3 Likes

Honestly, it really did seem like we weren’t kicking, bucking, or generally putting up enough of a fight while positioned on Id’s shoulder. Terrible spot to be balanced while being both conscious, and not trussed up to immobilize our MCs. I can grant that Id’s probably got the arm strength to hold up to it, but being tangible, even with the help of the armor, does seem to take a little concentration on their part at least. :eyes:

My MC is smol, though, so that potato sack might actually have been viable as a containment strategy. Would probably serve my little gremlin right to be reintroduced to the town like that. A mortification worse than presenting cheeks-first for Auryn’s viewing pleasure. :rofl:

8 Likes

@Talaya That is so good to hear omg :’) I hope you like it!!

@Cingulum_diaboli haha, yes, I am rewriting that scene to have more struggle :stuck_out_tongue: I love how passionate everyone is with making sure Id has to struggle to get your MC’s back to the hedge :joy:

@LadyUmbreon89 jksdghfkjasdghfjksadf yup, that is true. Id’s got the strength, but I do want some struggle too. chugs epic juice I’m having heaps of fun rewriting that part of the demo! Can’t wait for you to read the next update, see if you get to be feral enough lolol :>

Also, smol MC gang :’) Mine too! PFFF that is hilarious – I can’t get over how funny it would be to actually arrive in the sack, kicking and screaming like a feral catch. I’m sure Auryn would still be thinking MC is a whole snack, tumbling out of that sack all tousled and wild. :joy:

9 Likes

Well, the grumpy cat is essence of my MC’s personality. It can’t be easy with them :joy: :kissing_heart:

good-let-them-suffer

14 Likes

LMAO I can’t :joy: I think I love your MC :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Aawww :blush::heart:

But

he doesn’t deserve your love! He’s asshole😂

2 Likes

@Cingulum_diaboli lol but even they deserve love too :smiley:

2 Likes

I was gonna say! Your MC will be loved whether they want to or not :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Tacking onto this: I have an update on tumblr, but it isn’t much different than the one I posted here yesterday:

Have a great day/night :heart:

20 Likes

Hello! I’m popping in for a weekly update! Hope you have had a great week – I certainly did :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Quoting my tumblr post:

This will be a smaller update as I have spent most of my week catching up on your wonderful asks and haven’t written nor coded much. It be like that sometimes! I love hanging out with you guys, going from being very minimally social to this has certainly put a golden edge around my days :sparkling_heart:

With Ouro, I have fiddled around with hair options to see if I can’t add a bald option (Custom L has that too now!), or the option to wear a scarf or veil that covers the hair. I just need to go through the story to adjust the text accordingly.

Other than that I have rewritten the RO one-on-one’s initial parts so that it’s a bit more…Dramatic. HEHE. It changes the vibe a bit so I am looking at a rewrite again; which is fine, the scaffolding is there, it’s just time consuming :sweat_smile:

ETA for demo update: it needs another week at least. :>

Here’s a sneak peek from after Lena’s scene (accessible only after a certain choice):

Guess who lol. I’m looking forward to next week, hoping I can get some bulk writing done and get to fixing and learning the code some more. That’s about it! Hope you have a great week :sparkling_heart:

29 Likes

Just finished the demo and I’m loving it so far. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I can’t wait for my hunter MC to kill some beasts.

A few questions, and please disregard if they have been answered already. I still need to go through the thread to read the comments.

1: Will we get a chance to choose our preferred weapon or choose a specific weapon? So far I have the machete and the gun and it’s seems like it is default?

2: Any plan to add a codex or Lore journal with the definition of some of the terms use? Like a short description about the hedge guards, or something about Riven, or even about the forest? Sorry I just like having somewhere to go to read more about the lore :grin:

3: Is Oma a RO :sweat_smile:

4: Will there be major difference playing as a druna, or human, or blood-kell?

5: Will the MC’s orientation prevent them from flirting with everyone?

Great Demo can’t wait for more :two_hearts:

10 Likes

I’ve only just started reading it but already the writing totally sucks you in! Lookin’ forward to it :smiley:

6 Likes

@CC_Hill Hi! I’m so happy you liked it! :smiley: Bloodthirsty, huh? I vibe with that. :>

No worries, sorry it took me so long to get to this… Life has been blowing me around like a leaf in the wind lol.

Yes! Currently I have planned for some different weapons both fantasy themed and sci-fi ones (guns. mostly guns.) , and if you pick healer origin, you can play as a healer too. There will be different levels of proficiency too, if your MC feels rusty or if they kept training for all those years.

Yes, a lore compendium and a timeline for your hunter is coming (but ways away still). :> I shared a mockup of the druna race page on tumblr let me see if I can find it –

1. No she is not :] she is aromantic.

In flavortext, yes, there already is. Kells are seen as unnatural, humans are almost revered and the druna have their quirks.

No it will not :> I still haven’t worked out how I’m going to go about locking romances or not, but for now you can flirt with them all :wink: Hope that answers your Q’s and thank you so much for taking the time to read the demo and leave a comment. You are a gem! :') I’ll see you on tumblr!

@Ralsi Oh my :> I’m thrilled to hear that!! I can’t wait for you to read more of it! :smiley: thank you for your sweet comment <3

12 Likes

Just popping in with my weekly update from Tumblr, copy pasted for your convenience: (is this allowed, lol? If it isn’t please let me know!)

Writers update (31/03/2022)

So this week has been fun and a bit of a whirlwind - good news is that the edits are done (well, okay, almost. I still have to quality pass it, I’m having the WORST time with randomtesting) for the demo but I have only added more on my to do list (I want to make pronouns changeable and gender choice more broad and make the genders for each RO selectable. It’s a bold move, cotton. Let’s see how it works out for her.)

Sad news is, I can’t keep this up forever. I have fallen behind on irl stuff which is causing me some stress. And there is something bothering me still with the forward writing, which I think is the pacing, so next week I’m taking time to both catch up on life and I’m not even going to glance at my writing to see it later with somewhat fresh eyes. I’m also catching up on some reading to refill my creative well! I wasn’t very present in the IF community before I posted the Ouro demo and I am frothing at the mouth to read some of the amazing WIP’s out there. If you have any recs send them my way!!

That’s about it for this week. I’ll be around and answer asks as I’m able ofc and I hope you are all taking care of yourselves :sparkling_heart: I’ve been so happy that you are sharing your MC’s with me so I thought I’d drop a put-together sketch page of my own healer (also with pink hair lorelaibeckons and enspey loool when are we getting matching jackets for our good taste club) :skull: Here’s Visja, an oc that started as a hunter in D2 but has been my pocketknife MC for all the interactive fiction I read. She inspired Auryn!

:> Have a good day/night!

44 Likes

Take all the time you need. We love your story and we will be here when you’re ready :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

And those artworks look awesome :heart_eyes:

Oh, hello!

10 Likes

CC you are so precious I want to squeaky hug you :> Thank you so much! I’m always riddled with hubris whenever I start a new project and lmfao, I still don’t know how to deal with it. Slow and steady seems to be the approach which means I have to pull on my own reigns ever so often.

And thank you for liking my art :] I’ve kept it to myself for so long its really heartwarming seeing so much enthusiasm for it! And for anyone else reading this that doesn’t visit my tumblr, oh god, please do! There is so much gorgeous art already for Ouroboros I have been joy-crying into my pillow at night (I’m emotional, ok! :skull: )

Anyway, since I’m checking in for my weekly update, here it is:

crickets

Pfff. Got ya. I have been relaxing. But I did manage a sketch of Sene (Selene is already on tumblr!):

31 Likes

It’s thursday, which means update! I hope you are doing well, wherever you are. :] Copy-pasted from my tumblr:

Stream Introspection by Hoenix | Listen online for free on SoundCloud

This week I have gotten some real nonsensical writing out of my system. I have been tearing my hair out over the scene with Lena and Bell, to the point of having to plan a scene for way ahead just to get it to promise the right things. There is so much to fit into this crucial scene, and I want it to work for all kinds of MC’s! So many secrets and red herrings too… It’s a balance act for sure. I’m still contemplating moving the entire scene to another moment in the plot entirely. But we’ll see. I’m going full Pepe Silvia with my notes and I’m having fun with it, so I’m sure it will work out eventually!

Other than that, I have been treating myself with writing parts of the story that are further ahead, like the deep forest and the journey there. It’s one of those parts that I’m really looking forward to write so I’m chomping at the bit for this intro to be done with already!!! Some have asked what I listen to when I write, and the song above was on non-stop as I wrote about the strange forest. I don’t know where it’s from but it gives me mad annihilation-vibes.

Before I go cooking a trillion pierogis for easter (as is Law), I offer u a sneak peek for (one version, depending on where I place Lena’s scene) of the one-on-one with Auryn, up in the highlands;

See you next week!

30 Likes

I just finished reading the demo and it was so good! yours is the first wip where I’m torn between literally all the ros since usually I’m only interested in one or two! I’m not even a fan of enemies-to-lovers but id has me like :eyes:

i do wish that we could set the ros gender because i like having a balanced ratio of male to female characters. and also I’d go crazy if I have to choose between five hot guys lol.

some questions if you don't mind!
  1. will we be locked out of a romance if we don’t pick the flirt options in the early chapters?

2. will the game recognize if we had a personality change? bc i imagine my mc being nice in the past but now she’s grumpy. also, would id acknowledge if mc’s personality changed?

3. ok so I’m a little confused with the lore so correct me if I’m wrong but there was a point where mc wasn’t immortal, right? i played a healer mc, and from what I understand they once had a delirious patient who stabbed them in the chest with a scalpel, so mc was given the water from the well to save them. but it also made them immortal. and also by drinking it, you could either turn into a druna or a blood-kell, or remain human but still immortal. is that right? and so the release made all survivors immortal? and they got turned into a druna or a kell, or an immortal human?

3 Likes