Otome Games

Chorus: An Adventure Musical

Hey! I just wanted to share this here because I would not have even heard of it if not for a friend telling me about it, but David Gaider (the previous lead writer for the Dragon Age series) and Liam Esler from Beamdog teamed up together and formed Summerfall Studios. They just announced their first game, Chorus, and it looks pretty fantastic. It’s a musical/game mashup based around Greek mythology, with elements of romance, of course. The campaign is running on Fig until November 10th, and they seem to be doing pretty good funding-wise, so I’m hopeful!

15 Likes

Anyone here check out Storyscape? It’s an app with interactive stories. So far it’s only got four, but the writer of Mass Effect has a story coming out at the end of this month on it!

I really like it, personally. Eternal City is a fantastic story, and they’ve promised more gender inclusive stories with their upcoming titles.

5 Likes

Ah yes! I can vouch for it, too, it’s amazing. Without a doubt, the best app for interactive stories out there. The writing is superb. Please, try it, it WON’T disappoint <3

My personal favorite is the X-Files one… and I haven’t even watched the show lol

I found about this game when they opened the kickstarter and though it was a pretty interesting and original idea but such big goal seemed almost unreachable… but wow, they managed (not that much surprised though, knowing who’s involved), i’m certainly happy!!

Btw Our life is on its last three days of campaign, in case anyone wants to help with the final push. There’s only one stretch goal to fund, that would help the second game be released sooner!

5 Likes

thank you i forgot i hadn’t pledged yet. :smiley::hugs::hugs::hugs::thinking::thinking::thinking: …this is awkward.

1 Like

Does it have all the micro transactions like the other phone apps though?
I remember I tried Stories you play or something and you had to wait like hours/pay to unlock 5 minute length chapters <.<

5 Likes

I tried Eternal City from the Storyscape and honestly it was good but yes it does have micro transactions. I spent 5.00 and bought 60 diamonds (I think they were called) thinking they would last a bit but those were gone by chapter three. Those are used to unlock more options of what to do in the story and without them I personally felt like I was missing part of the story or options. You can earn a few as you play (like 1-2) and most choices I noticed cost 14 to 20 diamonds each. The other thing is reading chapters is locked behind tickets (you get 2 tickets every 2 hours) or you can buy them in the shop if you don’t want to wait. Not to sound overly harsh of it as the story was good but I would rather spend 5.00 on a CoG game and play through much as I want with no time limiters or having to buy choices. I would gladly pay for the story to read as much as I wanted if that was a option but it don’t seem to work that way.

9 Likes

The much anticipated Ebon Light is now fully released!!

29 Likes

I’ll be keeping an eye on this one, but I didn’t back it. They said on their reddit AMA

currently we’re planning for it to be feature length (so, around 2 hours)

which seems extremely short for the price they’re asking for

2 Likes

Agreed. I’d also want to be able to customize the protagonist a little – even if it’s just the ability to choose her name.

4 Likes

Another promising new game with great art and writing. It seems to be episodic, free to play, and LGBTQ+ inclusive like When The Night Comes, though I don’t know what the release schedule is. There are 3 species to play as and 7 love interests: 2 female and 5 male (one is secret for now).

Just finished playing Episode 1 which dropped today and I love all the characters, though Damon, Calderon, and Ryona have stolen my heart coughespeciallyDamoncough

15 Likes

There is no demo out for this game at the time. However based on the tumblr alone I’ll be keeping my eye on Tempest Tides!

A pirate fantasy game. We’ll be able to customize our MC and choose our pronouns. So looks like it will be pretty inclusive.
And just look at those all those love interests. :hugs:
I love how diverse they are. I already got my eye on Kiernan, Bao, Deneb, Mateo, Oliver. :two_hearts:

13 Likes

Hey, all! Sorry if this has been posted, but I did a quick scroll through of the most recent posts and haven’t seen it mentioned.

The creator of 1001 Days needs a little help in completing the game. The game is currently at 5 chapters with 5 more chapters planned. It’s a very LGBTQ+ game very similar to WTNC. The setting is based on the mythology of ancient Persia and Islamic lore. There are about eight days left I believe for the campaign.

Here’s the link.

The creator is currently at $1,160/$2000.

Magical diary: Wolf Hall is out! The cost is a bit more than what I pay for my games(20 right now). But for a 400,000 word visual novel where I get to let my harry potter freak fly, I’m gonna splurge.

7 Likes

Steamberry Studio, the developer team of the VN Changeling, have started a Kickstarter for their next game, Gilded Shadows.

It is already fully funded (got funded in one day!) but they are slowly working towards the third stretch goal which adds another route to the game. Two stretch goals are already met! (more customization for the MC, one additional RO).

The MC is female, the ROs are all male. You can currently customize the MCs hair and skin colour.

I can’t remember if I babbled on here about it yet, but does anyone remember the Alice in the Country of… games? A new one is coming out, Alice in the Country of Spades! What a nostalgia trip.

https://www.gonintendo.com/stories/games/3734-alice-in-the-country-of-spades

1 Like

I’m not far into the game yet, only like three or four weeks in but I like to edit my stats and I thought I would share how to so you or other’s can if they also buy the game and want to do the same.

First you need to enable the dev console by editing one of the Ren’Py files. I’m going to assume you all know how to do this but if not, go to your game folder, which for this one is Magical Diary: Wolf Hall and then click renpy and then common and find a RPY file titled 00console and open it in notepad or wordpad. Search the document for config.console and it will say config.console = False and you need to change it to True, with a capital T and then save the document.

To open up the dev console in game, you press Shift+O and now you can edit your stats.

type in a number where I am saying xx, so it will look like player.money=1000 and you can reduce your stats by putting a - before the number so it will look like gain_stress(-10)
player.money=xx
gain_smart(xx)
gain_strong(xx)
gain_white(xx)
gain_black(xx)
gain_green(xx)
gain_blue(xx)
gain_red(xx)
gain_stress(xx)

3 Likes

Made Marion looks really good:

While not a visual novel I thought this might interest some people:

15 Likes

Not really any new games per se, but saw some RenPy engine games were being ported over by Ratalaika Games to consoles (PS 4, Switch, X-Box) Heh, depending on how things go, it is weird to think something I may have worked on/helped via Winter Wolves may be on consoles in the future.

For the curious, they are working on porting Long Live the Queen (Hanako Games)

Seasons of the Wolf still being worked on:

Jisei by Sakevisual is now out

5 Likes

Arena Circus is really good, IMO. One of the few itch.io VNs I liked (along with Cinderella Phenomenon and DDLC).

2 Likes