Orion's Own [WIP] [Minor Update 4/3/21]

Hey everyone! After realizing that I work hours that are far too long for me to feel motivated to plan out any cohesive storylines right now, I’ve decide to just start work on a project that has very little direction and no planning just to scratch the writing itch. I just started this today, so there is very little done right now but I figured I’d share. I will be updating the title when I upload new content into the demo.

I’ll make sure to do an announcement in here when the prologue is actually finished and for every major chapter or branch milestone thereafter.

For those who are wondering:
In this story, you take the place of a mid level mercenary in a company called Orion’s Own. You will do some minor work with them, but after your contract with them ends you will head off on your own and start your own company.

Fun things I plan on implementing:

• Logo and uniform customization!
  • Company reputation!
  • An extensive job list that evolves with how you build your company!
  • Money!
  • Adventure!

If you are wondering if something will be added to the game, I have no idea! Feel free to ask me about it though and it might work it’s way there. I hope to see you all with a semi-finished story soon!

Changelog
  • Minor Update [4/3/21] - 2168 → 4598 words, personality stats added, glossary and mechanics explanation pages added to the stats page, some backend stuff reworked and prepped for future scenes
  • Minor Update [3/29/21] - 1196 words → 2168 words, added an ending page so you know the demo is done
  • First Upload [3/29/21]

To play the demo, go here: https://dashingdon.com/play/wallyworld/orions-own/mygame/

53 Likes

Error

1 Like

Yup! Like I said not much content and that’s just dashingdon saying there’s nowhere to go haha
This is the product of a few hours work, mostly just on variable creation because I enjoy that for some reason

4 Likes

Developer tools is an interesting thing.

And most of those developer tools options shows error too.

Yeah it’s all still in progress and I figured I’d let you all play around with the variables while you read through if you messed up or something wasn’t clear or there was something you really wanted to do. As far as I’m concerned, it will be your playground just as it will be mine! So you’ll get all my tools too. I’ll clean that up and clarify it a bit more when all the stats are sorted!

2 Likes

Cool

1 Like

Which options are giving you errors? I think “Go back to stats” might have a minor error that’s easy to fix, but the others should work

1 Like

Aye, Go back to stats is giving the errors.

1 Like

Should be fixed now!

1 Like

And none of these choices are working @WallyWorld.

1 Like

I’m aware! Like I said to im_not_savior and in the post, you’ll get these errors while playing. Nothing is finished for this yet and I’m just building out the framework and story as I go. I’ll make an announcement in here when the prologue is done!

1 Like

Smoke option is working @WallyWorld.

This is what is written. You’re not missing out on anything yet!

2 Likes

:smirk_cat::smile_cat::roll_eyes: this is still very interesting.

1 Like

Thank you! Hopefully I’ll be writing this in my free time every day so it will be updated quickly, but no promises for now

G’Luck with the writing.

2 Likes

For something that is just thrown together, it is a pretty good story so far. I have enjoyed what was their…

1 Like

Just uploaded a minor update - finished out the options on Comet 1’s breaching path and added a little message at the end so you don’t have to stop on an error message

4 Likes

Awesome, thanks for the update.

2 Likes