Opposed Pair Stats are Illogical -- A Simple Fix

This may be a bit of an unorthodox way to think of it, but I think of the stats as similar to the wizard duels in Harry Potter. When the side on the left is higher than the side on the right, it is more powerful and so pushes the side on the right back (and so the bar is bigger on the left), and vice versa. I’ve never really been confused with the opposed pair stats- even before I’d read about them, when I first played CotD, I understood it- probably due to me choosing to increase ‘brutality’ and the bar on the left going up.

Only skimmed through this topic so apologies if anyone has already mentioned it . . . The reason I personally don’t find the current method at all confusing is because of the ordinary Stats bars. When both are used on the same Stats screen, there’s no real room for error as it’s immediately obvious how the opposed-pair one is intended to be read. It’s really only a problem (if at all–clearly, opinion on the subject differs!) when only opposed-pairs are used.

Adding a second numeric value on the right would certainly solve the problem though, IMO.

If you did want to change them in a game you made, you would probably have to explain it somewhere as people would wrongly assume it was the same as CotD, which would cause a lot of confusion.

@AlexCosarca

I had seen that in the wiki and tried it, but it doesn’t seem to work. Could just be a glitch with my account, though.