“Oh Mother Where Art Thou?”
Or OMWAT for short.
Is an interactive piece of fiction where your choices and decisions will ultimately change and decide the outcome of the story; as well as the fates of those in it.This story takes place in a semi-realistic fantasy world. Where the places and history of this world is mirrored to our own in varying ways.
OMWAT is a tale in which you play as The Orphan, a child left abandoned with no family nor memory of why you were always alone. Left to your own devices, you have survived. To the surprise and much annoyance of the villagers of Lontapiso, the nearby village where you scrap for any food you can, you have lived longer than any had thought you would. What many had thought was that you would die out someday, an unfortunate circumstance but nothing that anyone would interfere with.
But you didn’t die, in fact you refused to.
Right on death’s door, you were saved by a mysterious woman.
This woman you would come to either know as Mother or Mentor, she saved your life and took you away from that horrid village and gave you a home. She gave you a life, a place to grow and thrive. She nurtured you back to health, gave you an education, raised you in her cottage by the coast. The life you had always envied others for was finally yours; after years of watching other children happy with their families, being loved by others, while you had no one. It was all over, because now you had her.
Years passed by, from childhood to adulthood she raised you. All with love, comfort, and acceptance.
Mother/Mentor was your everything.
Yet the day after you turn 18, she was gone. Leaving only behind a letter, apologizing for leaving but needing to. She said she would return one day, to please live the life she provided for you. Make use of the skills she taught you to make some friends, fall in love, have a family, and grow old. To keep living but to not look for her, asking you to please, let her go.
What she did not account for was that to you, Mother/Mentor was your everything. Your absolute everything.
You will be reunited. That is a promise.
You won’t stop until you do, you are sick of being an orphan.
You will not lose the only family you have ever had.
You refuse to be left alone, again.
- A customizable character with a section of gender, appearance, personal attraction and personality.
- Twisting secrets and truths.
- Finding culture for yourself between one of 2 well developed countries, or neither.
- A heartfelt story about finding family and knowing when to let go.
- Choices in forging friendships and/or rivalries.
- Decide the fates of several characters.
- Explore a world inspired by Spanish and Italian language, histories and cultures.
- Find your preferred profession, acquire unique skills and traits.
- Select and develop you fighting style with a selection of weapons.
- Learn different forms of magic or opt out of magic altogether.
- 3 RO’s per country (6 in total); with ranging backgrounds, personalities and tastes.
A/N: I have played many hosted and choice of games but I am new to the forum, I check it every now and then but I am much more active on the OMWAT tumblr. Feel free to ask me anything just please don’t be mad if I respond like a week later.