Oh, Disney

Disney just sold LucasArts to the winner of the Worst Company of the Year award, Electronic Arts. I really had faith that Disney might actually try to save the franchise with those movies, but this kinda shows they only want to drain it dry of money and then leave it. What a shame :frowning:

In case you want proof:
http://starwars.com/news/electronic-arts-selected-for-multi-year-agreement-for-the-future-of-star-wars-gaming.html

I saw that too.

:frowning:

Real shame should gone with neither realm they did an awesome job with injustice gods among us

Let’s all take a moment of silence in remembrance of LucasArts.

Though, on a tangent, is it weird that I’m interested in Disney Infinity?

EA just became too big and too wealthy. They’ve reached that point where their bad rep barely affects their sales. :frowning:

Doesn’t this mean Bioware could make Knights of the old republic 3?

Who knows, though I’d argue unlikely. I think they’ll be trying to milk SW:TOR for years to come. Look at Warcraft IV.

I just hope Bioware will manage to do *something* before it all goes down. Though with EA being as it is, that’s not likely…

Look on the bright side, they could have sold it to Activision.

I have hated EA since they bought out Bullfrog, they made Dungeon Keeper, they only bought it for the game engine. EA let the game die.

I would appreciate it if Bioware did not touch a Star Wars game, at all. I don’t have much faith in EA, either. Looks like a lose lose situation.

Oh God, why!!! A Disney backed Star Wars movie would have been awesome…

@SamuraiMantis

Its the game rights not the film rights.

@GameOver

I take it you didn’t like KOTOR?

@Nocturnal_Stillness Oh! Well then the cup’s still half full.

@SamuraiMantis “What’s up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don’t think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!”

This sums up my reaction pretty well.

That reminded me of this:

Ah, EA, the emperor Palpatine of the gaming Universe. Likes to buy up small companies and build big games that really can just be destroyed by firing a missile down a thermal exhaust port…okay, the metaphor kinda fell apart, but you get the point.

I’m tired of EA ruining great franchises instead of just letting their subsidiary companies keep doing what they were doing. Also, for charging ten dollars for online pass *rolls eyes* I will never understand that one. I mean, I know it is a deterrent from buying used games, but is EA really that hard up for cash? I doubt it.

I know I am just preaching to the choir here and I apologize. Question though, who is involved in the development of the 1313 star wars game? I don’t remember off the top of my head.

I hate the copy protection on EA games. I hate that despite having bought the Sims I can’t play it because I’ve no idea where all my manuals are now. I hate that they actively encourage piracy through their draconian anti-piracy methods which just hit the paying users, not the ones who’ll get cracked games.

And I hate what Disney did to Lucasarts. I’ve no idea what Lucasarts was doing lately, but to get rid of all of those workers, grr.

I’m not going to jump on the bandwagon and say all EA games are crap, because they’re blatantly not - we wouldn’t buy them if they were (and then EA probably wouldn’t exist in its current form).
I would actually quite like to see Bioware make a KOTOR3.

And realistically, I see EA making better Star Wars Games than Disney.

However I do have my concerns too, EA’s DRM/Anti-piracy is quite ridiculous and laughably ineffective. The harder they try to limit who can play, what, when and where - the harder people will try to undermine them.

But it’s less related to Star Wars, more towards EA games on a whole.

Sims City. Need to be online to play the single player mode? That went down really well…