OFNA: Birds of a Feather (WIP - Updated 8/09/22)

T-they :flushed:

3 Likes

Oh nice! I was pretty on point with how I imagined them!
Very sweet artstyle, too.

4 Likes

@ofna Can we have a pigeon? :joy: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

That made me laugh so bad… And now I want a pigeon too :rofl:

8 Likes

I had a fit of laughter when I imagined MC finding such a pigeon in a cage :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

r46obyna9sm21

17 Likes

Oh dear :rofl:
Majestic.

But seriously, I actually love pigeons… I have like… 500+ pictures of pigeons I took myself… Not joking.

5 Likes

Lol. Me too

6 Likes

I love my little blackbird. I would never want another personally. But that’s just me. I am loving it. It’s def a cult. My character is convinced of that. But he’s also rejecting the whole thing. He loves his blackbird though because it’s not really his fault this happened. And it’s his familiar at the end of the day. Who cares if he didn’t ask for these gifts? He hates the OFNA in general but loves the magic aspect. Maybe make an option where they can be accepting of magic but rejecting of OFNA? Because right now they’re bundled into one package. And I kinda really wanna explore everything about magic but I still want my MC to hate OFNA

3 Likes

Could you clarify where you feel like the choice to be into magic and be into OFNA are bundled together? I would ideally like for those to be separate things, but they might be sort of mushed together right now :thinking:

I’m glad you liked the game and your bird friend so far, though! There will be more about the gifts in the next chapter, which is coming once my break is over. Thanks for reading :two_hearts:

6 Likes

like when you accept your bird friend, you are accepting OFNA as well. All the choices with the bird friend where your getting closer from what I’ve observed so far leads to accepting OFNA, same when you think your first show of magic is incredible. So maybe make an accepted and rejected meter of magic itself and that should solve the issue.

1 Like

I definitely didn’t name my bluejay familiar mordecai…

One tiny little thing though, are there like other psychic powers aside from persuasion? My mc personality does not fit a persuasion power, who is more for stronger personalities

3 Likes

there’s also empathy

Nice story, really enjoyed it. Grounded stories near things are more my type. The characters behave like actual human beings and I like how the MC behaves.
The birds are a clever and really addition to the story, seemingly unassuming but still serving their purpose. And it makes it all more enjoyable.
Looking forward to the updates! :grin:

3 Likes

How fkn funny it’d be if MC has ornithophobia/ deathly fear of birds or even worse ALLERGIC TO BIRDS… lol it’d be devastatingly hilarious.

14 Likes

I’m literally allergic to animals in general and I think this is freaking hilarious

3 Likes

@Empress_Nightmare lol makes more sence that one option we got at the start to be afraid of our chosen bird :smiley:

1 Like

Mc: “Look bird thing, I see you but like stay at least 3 feet away or I’ll start blowin up like an air head.”

3 Likes

I like birds and some of my own pets are birds but lol my MC (that means me indirectly) wanna crush that li’l crap whenever it come near my MC… I wanna roast the cult bird.

NO OFFENSE BIRD LOVERS

5 Likes

Glad to find my MC able to behave “normally”…(at least in my opinion hhh) So in my MC’s eyes things are basically like this: Got kidnapped into a strange cult after being “chosen” and followed by a creepy bird, which they doesn’t want at all.Yeah I agree that the birdis cute (ang magic is cool)but the trouble it brings is just too big🤧If it’s just a normal pet bird my MC will love it…yeah…And this also leads to a no romance path because MC don’t have any reason to interact romantically with any RO at all😂, maybe except Yi hhhh.So now my MC’s goal is to find a way out of this. And one thing I find very interesting is that my MC somehow managed to get 4 friend-points with Natasha…And she suggested MC to “play along,get what you want and hide somewhere no one can find”…emm…

6 Likes

FINALLY, lol it feels ridiculously good that someone else agrees to this too…

Especially Elliot, I wanna kick in his crown jewels…

5 Likes