OFNA: Birds of a Feather (WIP - Updated 8/09/22)

I like it. Good pacing, interesting characters, and also an interesting premise. Looking forward for more. And as a birder it’s also fun to try and guess the birds, too - though it’s hard just reading the colours and not actually seeing the silhouette of something really perched on a tree :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Thanks for reading!
I lowkey would like to commission someone to draw bird illustrations for all the familiars and add it to the stat menu. I have my eye on a scientific illustrator on tumblr who does things for various birding associations, but that’s more of a pipedream. Maybe some day :blush:

8 Likes

Ok so a little fanart I guess, of my mc Rowan. Her face always looks like you just insulted her whole family. Her feelings about the situation are “everyone there sucks. Except the bird, the bird is cool.”
Kinda sad we didn’t get an option to punch elliot. Or at least try, but I guess that would do the mc any favors.

Summary

7 Likes

Oh my god I love her (and you). You’re a very fast artist!

Ngl I might cry right now, this is the first fanart anyone’s ever made for something I’ve done. Thanks so much for posting it :heartpulse:

P.S. if you have tumblr and send it to me, I will reblog it there as well because I LOVE THIS

3 Likes

Whoops sorry no tumblr. But you can post it there, I don’t mind.
Anyway I forgot to say that I love this game! I remember when you posted the idea on the interest thread and to be honest I don’t think I ever played something with bird. It is a very interesting concept. Everything is centered around birds!

I hope you continue this game. Good luck with writing! <3
Ps: important question can we name the bird?

1 Like

Hmmm I wasn’t planning on it, but I can definitely add it if it’s something people are interested in. I see no reason why not and I could leave it as optional.

Do you want the option to name your familiar?
  • Yes
  • Don’t care
0 voters
2 Likes

This is really interesting, can’t wait to find out more! :smile:

1 Like

Thanks for reading! I’m hoping I’ll be able to keep to updating at least once a month and there will be more soon :blush:

I feel bad for OFNA. They are going to have a hell of a time trying to get my character to do anything they want.

Edit - I would like to clarify that I mean the society not the author(though technically the society is the author so maybe I’m talking about the author)

8 Likes

This is brilliant. I was completely grabbed by your writing and I’m very excited to develop MCs for this one. I think birds are simultaneously really cool and kinda creepy, so I’m really digging that aspect.

4 Likes

Very interesting concept! I love my little blue jay. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Sarcastic MC + Elliot already has me on the edge of my seat waiting for the next chapter. Well written and the MC options seem well fleshed out even this early in the story. Definitely watching this thread!

1 Like

i Just read it and i must say, it looks dope so far :open_mouth:

1 Like

Aw yes, bird cults that I am force inducted into. This is the one. :joy:

I mean my name is my.quothy.raven after all.

Love that energy

This is all I ever wanted, thank you :pray: Thanks for reading and glad you liked it so far!

Oh yeah, that’s a good combo. Elliot is fun to snark with. Thanks so much for the kind words!

@Hero4Fun Thank you and I hope you enjoy what’s to come! :blush:

1 Like

I mean, are you really living if you’re not being forcibly inducted into a bird cult? I don’t think so.

2 Likes

A birb story. Niiiiice! :smiley:

It reminds me of Popas. A crested canary my mother got about 3-4 years ago. I thought canaries were boring but the little guy has the personality and spirit to kick most birds out of the water (air). He’s grown so confident around us that he always comes to us to nibble/beak our fingers (in a playful manner), sometimes he even rides the finger like an elevator. And if you talk to him, he chirps back! :smiley: Had some really spirited “conversations” with him that way. :hugs: Quite adorable (and surprising) for a little bird we didn’t raise as a hatchling.

5 Likes

I’m glad this forum understands the appeal of birbs :blush: my friends who read it were just like, “Heather wtf is with all the birds?” Heathens.

And that’s such a cute story! I don’t currently have a pet bird, but I would really like to get one some day

4 Likes

So good but I am a little disappointed there wasn’t an option to throw hands at any point. Like at all. When I was “Late” to my induction and Elliot asked if I was me I really wanted to sucker punch him and run. Also why my Mc no call POPO :policewoman:. “You are going to join my bird cult. And if you don’t I will send the master of cool to make you.” Mc: (deep inhale) (holds inhale) dials 911
“911 what’s your emergency?” Mc: AHHHHHHHHH I’M BEING KIDNAPED BY A BIRD CULT HEEEEEELLLLLP!!!

11 Likes

I had a bird, Angel, who liked to play ladder with our fingers. if you’d rapidly put your other fingers by the one she was standing on, she’d “climb up the stairs”. She also liked to make kissy noises at us if we did it back, and she’d swing around on my braids when I’d get my hair done, haha. Birds are so cute!

6 Likes

I love the juxtaposition of my mellow, grumpy, sarcastic MC and the blue jay familiar lmaooo.

I love this WIP so far, I’m definitely down with the whole concept. My MC is NOT having this shit and I can’t wait to see how that will play out.

I like how no one seems to be playing an accepting MC so far, we’re all done with this BS.

8 Likes