OFNA: Birds of a Feather (WIP - Updated 8/09/22)

That is an issue with your save.

Unforunately, all save files are broken and everyone needs to start from chapter one again.

ok cool. thanks :+1:

yeah, yeah, of course, i wouldn’t ask you to do that either. i’m just particularly good at being sensitive about the most peculiar & unimportant lines in fiction and then getting fixated on them :joy:

i don’t even know if we have enough information for that but… some ideas are already starting to form in my mind so i suppose i’ll just go back to my corner and theorise in silence

1 Like

Can’t wait to see if MC can burn it all down, cause I want to burn it all down.
a8f97e0a451b640230e7a04e80262c30

11 Likes

Just new here but I am loving the prompt. I hate the feeling of being forced at every step to join so much that I can see my character trying to sabotage every step in the two months they are there and trying to light the house on fire before they leave LOL. I mean, I really want to be all about them but unless your character is all into the Harry Potter lifestyle of super cool powers every interaction with them has been creepy and/or non consensual. I am interested to see how the author is able to get my MC to warm up to all of these people forcing there way into my home and kidnapping me and holding me prisoner/forcing me to do a cult/blood thing. Because so far none of these people are looking like a good person to me just based on the few interactions I have had with them? Also as a middling aged woman who lives alone and watched a lot (A LOT) of true crime, I can’t imagine opening my door even with the chain attached to strangers. And how absolutely and horrifically terrifying and traumatizing it would be to me to have people break into my home, be creepy, mess with my mind, then give me a creepy letter in which I am kidnapped a month later, and forcibly held without being told what is going on while people made vague threats about how I would have been greatly physically harmed and that what they did was the “nice” way. I don’t know of any woman, or of any person really, who wouldn’t have Post Traumatic Stress from this. Or at least psychological trauma and nightmares LOL. I am so curious to see where this story takes me after some of the main characters have taken part in doing this to me.

6 Likes

Cult: there is no escape
Mc: so your trapped in here with me :smiling_imp:

19 Likes

Just wanted to show some love for the B99 reference, “Cool motive, still kidnapping.” :joy::joy:

7 Likes

I LOVE THIS
Can’t wait to get into the mysteries of this not cult

I very much like your descriptions, they’re just the right length
It’s all very well paced

1 Like

Is this OFNA

16 Likes

Okay … wow … your writing style is stunning, one of the most fluid and comfortable styles I’ve come across on here! Your world building, fabulous. I’m honestly just sitting here in utter awe of your skills! I cannot wait to see how this masterpiece unfolds! :black_heart:

1 Like

I actually love crackpot theories based on little to no evidence, so feel free to share anytime! You can send it in anonymously on tumblr if you would prefer that, too. I have a theory tag running over there.

@Anderson_Anderson The characters are definitely all flawed individuals, for sure. My goal is to attempt to show their motivations and thought processes as we get farther into the story and possibly try to turn player opinions around on them (even if your MC is still holding a grudge and dislikes them), but we will see how successfully I am able to do that :sweat_smile: I also would never open the door to strangers late at night, door chain or not!

I appreciate that someone got it! <3

I’m going to print this comment out and frame it on my wall :sob: This is so sweet, I’m glad you’re enjoying the game so far!

Someone sent this to me yesterday and I’ve showed everyone I know. My update was timed very well for this video release :joy:

10 Likes

I’m playing the new chapter and it’s awesome as always! The MC I’m playing with is so fed up with everything and everyone that he called the bird “Nuisance”, and let me tell you that I love how he calls it that while still engaging in small-talk with it when he’s nervous about his surroundings lol

1 Like

This is my favourite WIP right now. Excited for the next chapter and especially for more Simon/Bea/Elliot interactions :pleading_face:

Edit: Shoot. The save function broke. I honestly don’t think I’ll have trouble replaying, though - the majority of the choices were memorable (specifically because of how adaptable they were to different types of MCs, which has to be one of the best things IF can ever manage).

1 Like

Came for the birds, staying for the mystery.

The story really hooked me too. On one hand I want to learn more about the science behind this feathery lil’ Part of Me, on the other I want to run away and drag everyone I can … Looking forward to the options I get.

3 Likes

I love this! I need to work up some different names because I get very bored when I replay over and over haha

pls :pleading_face: And yes, I sadly broke the saves again. I’m hopeful that this will be the last time for awhile? And now we have the capability to hate certain characters so that should be fuuun

I tricked everyone into reading my WIP by giving them a pet bird :smiling_imp: I’m glad you enjoyed it, though! Thanks for reading <3

14 Likes

@ofna I know this would probably derail the story a bit, but I feel like it would be hilarious if, when the people in the room above yours are making tons of noise when you’re trying to sleep, you could retrace your steps to find the ‘door’ to the room (if you’ve already found it) and bang on it and yell at the people inside, then try to kick it down when they don’t answer (all of this is assuming your resistance, and possibly grumpiness, is high enough). When you’ve done this for a while and you can’t get in and and no one answers, the other initiates burst out of their rooms and are super pissed at you, for obvious reasons.

1 Like

It would be Natasha and she would tell you to go the hell to sleep haha. Love this idea!

9 Likes

Mini Update - June 4th, 2021

Hi everyone! The last fixes for chapter five have been posted. I’ve already moved onto chapter six and am hoping to get that out late this month or early in July! I put this update off for a while because I was mulling over chapter headers, but I couldn’t land on something I was happy with so I’m tabling it for now.

A big thanks to everyone who filled out the chapter five survey! And, to the three of you who were less than 10% accepting and still said, “Stat isn’t resistant enough,” I love your energy :fist:

I have edited the demo on dashingdon to update the current chapters with a few changes:

• B’s surname has changed from Cabot to Cabott, thanks to @Konoi for pointing out the weird translation <3
  • Changed the label on the “Attitude” stat to “Instinct”
    Do I like this better??? Unclear, we will see if I end up changing it back
  • A lot of grammar & spelling fixes
  • Tweaked some stats to a better (?) place
  • Switched up some dialogue a little
  • In certain routes, slightly longer chapter 5 conversation with B
  • NOTHING REQUIRING A REPLAY

Let me know if I accidentally broke something! Back to chapter six for now :dove:

50 Likes

I like it!
Can’t wait to July :wink:

3 Likes

Ha! Jokes on you I’m gonna replay anyway!!!

20 Likes