OFNA: Birds of a Feather (WIP - Updated 8/09/22)

Has anyone figured out how you get the route to punch Elliot?

To punch Elliot:

You need to refuse to join OFNA, decide to escape when you’re back at your apartment, and then have high athleticism/physical to land the hit (>15 I think?). Helpful hint: if you choose ‘Run’ when you first meet him, that’s physical +3

5 Likes

I don’t have a SFW response to that. :rofl:

5 Likes

I truly think that it’s the most appropriate course of action lol. We WERE getting kidnapped lol

4 Likes

As of now I really like the way this is paced, it has a nice rhythm and it neither rushes things nor drags them in explaination, got me hooked and I’m curious to see where this is going!

2 Likes

I don’t think I’ve ever wanted to make so many “rebellious”, if you will, choices in any choice game before this, at every opportunity I resisted… that’s never how I play these games, ever, lol. This is good, very good.

7 Likes

Lol I know, it’s VERY very hard not to be a PITA to everyone involved in that kidnapping bird cult
:joy_cat::smile_cat::smirk_cat:

1 Like

Does agreeing to join OFNA give us points on the relationship with the members or it doesn’t matter at all?

Because who would let two weird strangers enter their house in the middle of the night and then agree to join their birdcult?

4 Likes

I kind of read it as a “well this seems fun, I don’t really have much else to do” type deal. Like, I’d be ready to go on an adventure if someone showed up at my doorstep and told me I’m part of a birdcult. Might have something to do with personality, though.

5 Likes

Your initial decision does not affect relationships with anyone. It only affects stats (primarily the attitude of accepting/resistant).

The majority of players are definitely choosing to resist, but I know some people did choose to go willingly. I think the whole intro with the twins comes across a little differently if you let them in right away. To be honest, I would probably go along with it if it happened to me :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

My favorite part of the demo so far is just shutting the door in their faces. I can just imagine the looks they gave each other after like “are you fucking kidding me”

8 Likes

Oh most definitely lol.

1 Like

WoW… Just WoW :joy_cat::smile_cat::smirk_cat: wth would you willingly go with couple wierdoes who comes and asks you to join even wierder bird cult?!?
:thinking::roll_eyes::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Yes… That’s most satisfying…

3 Likes

I mean, if I found out my parents were in some weird bird club and suddenly I was psychic and there was a bird following me around, I’m pretty sure I’d just be like, “Guess this is my life now :woman_shrugging:

I’m more of the silently resent my life circumstances type than the actually resist the things happening to me type of person.

14 Likes

To be honest, my character went willingly because she saw it as an opportunity to try something different. She’s unhappy with her current life, the job is tolerable and pays the bills but not exactly ideal, life just feels boring and monotonous. After the incident with the bird cage, it opened her mind a little bit and made her hopeful that some things just aren’t as they seem. That, suddenly, magic is not such a distant concept after all.

When the duo came up, offering to join a bird society (my MC doesn’t know it’s a cult yet), telling us we would gain access to knowledge and resources that would otherwise be barred to most folk, and, more importantly, that we would be allowed to stay or leave after a certain amount of time (meaning it’s not permanent), she basically just went “Yeah, why the F* not. What do I have to lose anyway?” Also, MAGIC.

5 Likes

For my MC? She isn’t happy about being threatened or how Natasha tried to influence her earlier when she met up with the twins (or are they siblings? can’t remember).

My MC’s motivations are simple and like @ofna’s. It’s easier to comply with them for now because she’s currently uninformed and possibly powerless if someone more powerful than Natasha was sent to influence her mind.

That said, the society better pay her or else she’s going to be less than happy (well more than she already is) with this arrangement. On the other hand, bird familiar! She will happily interact with her new bird friend despite everything else.

1 Like

Are you sure that’s a club and not a cult?!?

Aren’t these the creepy guys in hoods that wrote names in blood at the very starting?!?
Then lol that should be called a cult instead
:joy_cat::smile_cat::smirk_cat:

Didn’t that aunt mentioned that MC’s appeared scared and with bruises and escaped from the bird cult with MC (when MC is a lil’ baby)?!?

Lol I’m pretty sure that bird is very annoying and creepy :joy_cat::smile_cat::roll_eyes:

That’s a complete creepy situation tbh…

1 Like

My MC is pissed at them for manipulating MC…

Doesn’t care, no one should be manipulated or influenced against their own will…

That damn bird is still annoying little chirp to my MC…

And

Still a cult to me and my MC :joy_cat::smile_cat: :triumph:

1 Like

Just a note? Instead of double posting, single post but you can tag multiple people by using @/USERNAME.