OFNA: Birds of a Feather (WIP - Updated 8/09/22)

And I don’t care how much they offer my soul is pricey can almost guarantee they can’t afford it I’m just that special of a snow flake :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I… I don’t mean to offend anyone but I think you guys are taking it a wee bit too far with this… :sweat_smile: I don’t know, just feels like things are a getting a bit violent. It’s just a story. Although I guess eliciting such a response from a character could be seen as a good thing.

6 Likes

Um, I don’t know if this issue has appeared for anyone else but when I tried to load my save it just kept looping me on the stats page.

However, since this is still a working demo with a few chapters, I suppose it’s not really a high priority at the moment and it doesn’t bother me that much, I just wanted to point it out.

I don’t think I have any control over the saving system, unfortunately. That’s something built into the hosting site. As far as I know, all I have to do is enter one line into my startup file for the game and check a box allowing saves on dashingdon. (Someone correct me if there’s something else I should be doing)

I think you get this error if you saved on the stats screen? Then it doesn’t know what chapter it needs to go back to when it loads the save.

(Also, I love your initiate’s name!)

1 Like

:joy_cat::smile_cat::smirk_cat: nothing is too far…
(Lol we’re just joking around)

Delete the recent save and load the next recent one and save couple times after every new page without loading…
It might work…

1 Like

Why thank you!

Pirata means pirate and I intend to be a pirate who terrorizes everyone in this wonderfully crafted game. :smiley:

1 Like

:roll_eyes::thinking::smirk_cat: lol good for you…
I’ll take every chance get on OFNA’s nerves…
(lol again not this one :arrow_right: @ofna :joy_cat::smile_cat::smirk_cat:)
That bird cult shouldn’t kidnap and force anyone to join them…

1 Like

It’s partially because I’m in my mid-30s in real life and I have a visceral reaction to “kid”. But also I don’t want an RO to see me as a kid? From what I’ve gathered about Jeremy though, I can see it just being how he talks and not that he actually sees MC as a kid.

4 Likes

I believe that’s just how he talks- I have a friend who’s younger than me but calls me “kid” alot…it’s kinda like a unintentional pet name, I guess

3 Likes

Everything you said here is correct. However, there is another, unrelated problem with the way you’ve implemented saves: in the *sm_init line, you need to replace “mygame” with something more unique to your game. The way the save system works is that it allocates saves based on the string you enter here, so if you stick with the default “mygame”, you end up sharing save slots with any other game that does this.

8 Likes

YaY @CorvusWitchcraft :joy_cat::smile_cat::smirk_cat:

@Empress_Nightmare
Psssst… according to the forum’s rules we are not allowed to pressure/ask the authors about updates. Might want to edit your post before it gets flagged.

7 Likes

Damn… That’s why I was a rebellious kid most my life… :joy_cat::smile_cat::roll_eyes: rules suck…

But thanks for that anyway.

2 Likes

Ahhhh thank you I didn’t realize that! I have just updated that line in the demo, thanks so much!

And, yes, @Mistyleaf123 and @furyleika it’s just how Jeremy talks. You’re the “new guy,” regardless of the MC’s age. I would consider changing the default nickname if you all really don’t like it, though :blush:

5 Likes

I think a better option could be offering the MC the chance to ask Jeremy, either politely or not so politely, to drop the nickname? Most of the time, I personally don’t mind being called kid unless the tone is condescending.

5 Likes

I have plans to include this option in chapter 6! His nickname for the MC is stored as a variable and I was intending for it change throughout the story.

It is not meant to be condescending at all, but please let me know if you all feel it is and really don’t like it :heartpulse:

4 Likes

Don’t worry. I never got the impression it was supposed to be condescending.

1 Like

No, I don’t think you should change it. It makes sense for Jeremy, but I will appreciate the option in the future to ask him to change. Or even a romantically charged, “Do you really see me as a child?” because I love that disaster man already.

4 Likes

Missed opportunity to tease him with a “Ok, daddy.” (alternatively, “grandpa”) when he calls you a kid. Fight fire with fire.

25 Likes