Keeper of the Sun and Moon (WIP)

My turn, behold I have made an entirely new magic spell. THE HOLY HAND GRENADE!!!

2 Likes

My turn! My turn! Um… Ok, so here is my type of magic, it’s called… “I’ve got absolutely nothing and just want to be part of the bandwangon”, pending patent.

2 Likes

@Nathan_Faxon
She’s a telepath :blush: It’s mentioned briefly in Chapter 2.

Blunt as in straight forward. She doesn’t really care what people think of her and is far more used to fighting to stay alive than other characters.

@UmbraLamia
Two of those are correct! (selling brownies and owned by Brownies) :joy: I was wondering if anyone had caught that. I tried to have some fun with the NMC descriptions. :smile:

That was intended even if MC didn’t ask about the doll having a face. Most MCs would probably want to know why there are all of these faceless people on campus. You don’t have to apologize! :joy:

@Guhik
Heather is totally not an “It’s all about MEEEEEE” character like Astrid can be, don’t worry. :smile:

@Nathan_Faxon
I think you two are going to love how the roommates work out (for MCs not rooming with Astrid). :joy:

Heather will probably come off as either cool, refreshing, or threatening at first :grin:

The telepathy will be awesome, if she can project her thoughts to a person as well as read them imagine how you can private conversations that way? :smiley:

wait there is roommates? Oh god don’t let me get stuck with the wraith, I have trouble as it is with sleeping without a demented spirit going oooOOOOoooOOOoo all night, question is it same gender grouping or free for all? (that sounds terrible.)

So musical magic is something similar to control magic or different altogether? If so, in what way?

You know with artifacts, if they have specific enchantments for specific people, could they be gifts?

As far as I can tell Astrid is roommate for female MCs and Leon for males.

Seems like she’s the one I should be looking for the most then, I like no nonsense people. As long as she doesn’t start reading my mind that is.

Did the suitemates knew each other already? Sera contacted Heather and it appeared that Astrid and Leon knew each other.

@Guhik
Heather has no mind reading abilities, I can assure you :joy:

Some of the suitemates have messaged each other over the summer, after being told who they were rooming with and given their contact information by the school. Most of the suitemates know the names, species, and places of origin of the others, but not much else.

Leon and Astrid have never met each other, they’re just both prone to being contentious, especially with cambions or nephilim respectively :smile: (Most magi can tell which species another magi is on sight, which is why MC is weird in that no one knows what they are, if they’re not human).

So these gifts are a good way to secure their good side :wink: So these artifacts must relate to their magic type else they won’t accept? Also can we name the artifacts? I’m very creative with names.

@Nathan_Faxon
I think I understood the question, but please tell me if I didn’t!

So far I’ve planned that MC can only really give gifts during the winter holidays (the winter solstice being the big one for magi religions). Artifacts or other gifts (bought or made) that MC gives to a character don’t have to relate to his/her affinity or species; the characters will accept pretty much anything from MC. That being said, not every gift MC can give to a character will please him/her and improve the relationship (e.g. if MC gave Astrid a book, The Achievements of Angels and Their Progeny Through the Generations, it would lower their relationship)

Most artifacts made in class won’t have a chance to be named because they’re based on generic spells, but if MC is making a more original artifact and does some studying on their own… :wink:

Probably asking for way too many spoilers here but is that good, or is that going to be the cause of an “oh shit!” moment later on? Also pity we can’t room with Yakov, he seems the most interesting of the guys, so far.

@idonotlikeusernames
But of course, spoilers aplenty! It depends on what MC thinks really, it can later lead to either an Oh crap! or an Awesome! moment (or both) later on :smile:

Sorry! It’s just simpler writing conversations with MC’s roommate, and figuring out who everyone else is staying with depending on MC’s roommate, if there are only 3 possibilities.
Don’t worry though, you’ll definitely have a chance to talk more with Yakov in the next update! :blush:

Ah I see now, so gifts is basically a tool to manipulate the relationship stats mostly. So there’s a christmas chapter eh? :wink:

When our species find out I guess relationships will immediately be affected. (Astrid will lower and Leon will raise if we’re an angel e.g.)

Or we could just be a very rare or atypical species, half-dragon anyone?

Is that true for a human MC as well? Will there be relationship/social problems caused because of being a human?

@Nathan_Faxon
Basically :joy: Particular gifts may play a small role in later events though (e.g. giving Heather a weapon that she’ll end up using in a fight later).

The magi equivalent of it, pretty much :laughing: Rest assured, actual plot and minor subplot stuff will still be happening during that time.

There will definitely be immediate consequences when MC’s species is revealed. This won’t happen until past halfway through the game though.

@Guhik
For the first question, I can’t answer much more on the topic right now because there are too many spoilers involved. Sorry!

But there will be many problems caused by being a human. Social, political, practical, not dying, school, fighting problems and more! :smile: The whole game will basically become an ongoing Oh crap moment if MC is human.

1 Like

Wow, being human sucks.

Can gifts also be teaching them a certain spell? Because enchanted items and weapons can be useful gifts but some may prefer knowledge over material (Sera seems the type to cherish it for example) like we find a spell tome and instead of using it for ourselves we give it as a gift.

@Nathan_Faxon
Pretty much :smile:

There will be options for useful gifts other than artifacts (e.g. spell books, other books, potions, spell ingredients, non-enchanted weapons) or an option to give nothing. Any gift with a practical purpose may later be used by a character, whether directly or implied.

Are there going to be crossbreeds with 3+ species.

1 Like

Okay, so, I was going through a few rounds of the demo (which is still possible to be done quickly since it’s still short), and I was looking through the classes section of the stats and saw that the Artifacts class code (I assume it’s the course’s code) was listed as Jensen, the prof’s name, hehe.

Imagine cursed gifts, oooooh the fun in giving them out. Turning into the twins here.

Might be a little late on this, but imagine having the power to turn a large area pitch black.
Are you afraid of the dark?

Edit: wow that build-up and that tiny mistake lol

For some reason I imagine weapons and items having a human or animals forms