Keeper of the Sun and Moon (WIP)

Would be pretty neat to have a “Piss off.” option for that conversation to have double the relationship deduction but that’s just me xD

1 Like

You didn’t have to do it but thanks! Maybe I’m just weird with my attempts and being an arse for my second playthroughs but yeah.

Also quick question, seeing how in the simulation you can fight off things physically can we basically end up a mage that fights through physical force? As in unknowingly/knowingly using magic to enhance our physical abilities and thus punch everything. Then decide to call it “Punch Magic”. Because that would be quite hilarious :joy:

-Enemy starts showing off their super flashy and amazing magic abilities and explaining how much better he is than you for like 15 minutes. Then you walk up to him and punch him in the face, instantly KOing him- :joy:

2 Likes

Yes. Please yes.

@daydreamsincolor I think Sera would understand if the MC has little to no knowledge about dragonkind and if they find it a little intimidating at first, as long as they’re open to learning.

She’s gonna be pretty funny when flirting with here. “What is with all the unnecessary touching? My hand is perfectly fine without the support of yours, though I appreciate the thought.”
“Show you my moves? We attend the same classes so I’m sure our moves are identical.”
“Do you need something of me? Your stares towards me are longer than they should be.”

Misunderstanding of phrases too.
MC: This is pretty cool!
Sera: Feels like the temperature is at room level to me.

MC: Thanks, you really saved my ass back there.
Sera: By the looks of you, I saved more than just your ‘ass’

2 Likes

@Blazerules
The more choice the better :smile: Although your MC must really hate everyone :joy:

MC can definitely mix physical fighting and magic! (If they want to do this, Battle Magic might be a smart choice when selecting courses :wink:) The knowingly versus unknowingly using magic part will come into play too.

@Nathan_Faxon
Everything about flirting with Seraphina is so on point :joy:

So basically Sera is this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI4Ojgz5Qo4

Honestly in my head cannon he’s just super lazy and wants to go home so he can sleep all day doing nothing but the one thing hes great at: Procrastinating. And seeing how being in school kinda puts a stop to those plans hes not exactly happy (shouldn’t be a surprise as to why he really, REALLY dislikes Astrid in that case) . It makes for an entertaining playthrough after playing the game as a goody two shoes. Mostly because you get to see the extreme opposite of that thus see new stuff.

I totally get you man. It usually prompts me to replay a game with a good route because I sometimes feel bad.

Then again on bad days its easier to connect to my inner arsehole and turns it into a way to blow off steam as odd as it sounds. So total, unlikable jerk mode? Oh I can offer advice for that if you like xD

In my opinion having mean and not mean choices just makes whatever choice you choose more meaningful if that makes any sense. For example in a game where you have no choice but to be good you wont feel any different from choosing the good choices. But if there are evil choices alongside them you do tend to feel like you made an actual choice (not to be an arse in that case) and vice versa.

Wouldn’t suggest you change anything if you, as a writer, don’t want to though. I know some people tend to feel pressured to make changes to their works even if they don’t actually want to do so. Which isn’t fun for anybody. But if you like… I can certainly go through the game, look at the choices and be like “Oh you can totally be a bigger arse if you do this” :joy:

1 Like

@Blazerules
I completely get what you’re saying about having a choice to act morally or not, and I’m working on including more options to act immorally throughout the game :blush:

If there are any places you feel that it would work to be a bigger jerk (that won’t lead to a nonstandard game over where MC is killed or thrown out of MA), please tell me! :smile: :smiling_imp:

For me it’s Dominic, seems like he just wants to take things easy and avoid trouble trying not to be on anybodys bad side but also wont go out of his way to get friends, which is similar to my MCs attitude so I can see them becoming pals. As for Seraphina, this kind of socially inept/inexperienced character don’t really appeal to me much but it looks like she will play a part in the greater plot and that certainly got me interested.

I like to know something for the artifact class, does that mean we will be working with things like a weapons like swords or anything like that

@Blazerules I can just picture your MC after he has met all the suitemates.

You know what!? points to each suitemate
Screw you!
Screw you!
points to doll.
You’re cool!
looks back to suitemates
Screw all of you! I’m asking for a transfer!

@daydreamsincolor I can offer one liners for Sera :joy:

If somebody gives Sera a pet name.
Astrid: Alright Miss Literal, we get it.
Sera: MY NAME IS SERA.

Suitemate: Sera what do you even have a sense of humour.
Sera: Knock knock.
Suitemate: Err who’s there?
Sera: You’re my suitemate, why are you asking? Let me in.
another suitemate bursts out laughing at the terrible joke, Sera shrugs indifferently and continues reading her book.

MC: Astrid I need the bathroom! Come on, I’m about to explode!
Sera: (player name), that is a worrisome statement, nevermind the bathroom go to the infirmary immediately.
MC: It’s a figure of speech, Sera.
Sera: Well that’s highly inappropriate, don’t say that again you could scare somebody.
MC sighs, Dominic can be heard snickering.

MC gives Sera a rose
Sera: What a waste. You basically pulled a flower from it’s source of life to bring it to me? If I wanted to see a Rose I would of gone to the Rose bushes… Wait it’s a gift? Well erm… Thank you… Still a waste.

3 Likes

That’s funny hahaha :smiley:

Doubtful it would go that way. If anything it would be like:
Astrid: Alright Miss Literal, we get it.
Sera: Miss Literal? Who’s Miss Literal!? There are only two of us in here! WHO ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!? IS SOMEBODY USING AN INVISIBILITY SPELL!? IS THAT EVEN A THING!? -starts freaking out while Astrid watches in confusion-
-MC comes in laughing-
MC: Don’t mind her Sera, Astrid is just being an arse.
Sera: An arse? What do you mean? How can she be an arse!? Is that an alternative name for her name!? I DON’T SEE SHIT COMING OUT OF HER MOUTH OR ANYTHING!
MC: -chuckles- Well everything she says is verbal diarrhea anyways.

3 Likes

That. Is. Amazing.
Sera: Verbal Diarrhoea? Is this a common illness? Is it contagious? ASTRID WE MUST TAKE YOU TO THE NURSE.
starts dragging Astrid out by the arm.
MC please be aware, we have an unwanted guest! We believe her name is Miss Literal!

2 Likes

@Terrell_Williams
In the artifact class MC works with enchanted objects. These can be nearly anything: weapons, jewelry, clothing, books, mirrors. Magi students will learn to use and create artifacts, while human students learn how to use artifacts. :smile:

@Nathan_Faxon
If I wrote Sera exactly like that, I think I’d end up dying of laughter :joy: Her inexperience is mostly emotional and ‘figure of speech’ things though. Nymphs, while their training does involve repressing emotions, also have knowledge in magic, psychic abilities, fighting, the arts, religion, etc. They do know (minimally) how to function in society, but aren’t used to being treated as people. Sorry if I was misleading!
Sera will definitely be remarked on as overly serious by her suitemates, and the formality is spot on. Some of those scenarios could totally happen. :joy:

Sweet I’m going to like that class a lot more

Is there anything stopping them from enchanting people. I mean… there really isn’t much of a reason that they can’t do that. Some clothes are basically made out of animal skin so I can see a mage enchanting their own for example. Or enchanting their fists so they can be better at punching people with punch magic.

so if we pursue a relationship with Sera and it causes her to feel emotional towards them, would she become mad at the MC for making her training obsolete?

If you add the bathroom scene with Astrid and Sera I will be happy with that! Sera is going to be a serious character who isn’t intentionally hilarious :joy:

@Blazerules
People can definitely be enchanted, but the effect and duration of the spell depends on the strength of the caster, the desired enchantment, and the ingredients available. Most spells done on people won’t last very long, since nonliving/once living things are easier to enchant than living ones.
Punch magic will be possible :blush: it will just require continuous effort on MC’s part :pensive:

@Nathan_Faxon
She wouldn’t be very pleased but by then MC will have had to exposed her to the plus sides of feeling in the first place
That scene could definitely happen :joy:
Exactly :smile:

And it’s totally your fault that I want to write all about a character that hasn’t even spoken to MC yet (though MC has seen her :wink:) :cry:

So would that be something like “You use punch magic. But due to the mana needed to keep up the enchantment you can only use punch magic.” for example?

@Blazerules
It would be something like, “Each time you use punch magic, you need to use magic (eventual negative effects on health, mental state),” there’s no one time spell so that you’ll always have punch magic.
You’ll still be able to use other abilities.

(I never believed I would need to use the phrase punch magic. Thank you for proving me wrong :joy:)