Keeper of the Sun and Moon (WIP)

@Blazerules
People can definitely be enchanted, but the effect and duration of the spell depends on the strength of the caster, the desired enchantment, and the ingredients available. Most spells done on people won’t last very long, since nonliving/once living things are easier to enchant than living ones.
Punch magic will be possible :blush: it will just require continuous effort on MC’s part :pensive:

@Nathan_Faxon
She wouldn’t be very pleased but by then MC will have had to exposed her to the plus sides of feeling in the first place
That scene could definitely happen :joy:
Exactly :smile:

And it’s totally your fault that I want to write all about a character that hasn’t even spoken to MC yet (though MC has seen her :wink:) :cry:

So would that be something like “You use punch magic. But due to the mana needed to keep up the enchantment you can only use punch magic.” for example?

@Blazerules
It would be something like, “Each time you use punch magic, you need to use magic (eventual negative effects on health, mental state),” there’s no one time spell so that you’ll always have punch magic.
You’ll still be able to use other abilities.

(I never believed I would need to use the phrase punch magic. Thank you for proving me wrong :joy:)

I’m guessing the negative effects of punch magic apply to all magic? Since it’s basically magic exhaustion. Same way with physical exhaustion if you train too much etc.

@Blazerules
Exactly. Magic can also have negative mental effects on the caster (in certain cases).

Apparently the Dragons are central figures of a faith or religion or do they and their cult have a more practical importance such as authority in whatever serves as rule or government for the magi? Maybe both?

It would be great if we had the possibility to flirt/tease with Sera just for the fun of it without actually going for a relationship. Though I think that might mess up her mind, the poor thing.

Thanks for the explanation, it actually answered two additional questions I meant to ask but forgot :blush:

Oh I had inferred that much already. Sorry but it can be kind of amusing to see authors squirming about with words not to give away the good stuff :smiling_imp:

Man you guys talk to much! :smiley:

I have this on “watching” (to watch for demo update news) so I get emails for every new post, all I’m getting is emails from this thread :smiley:

You’ve got mail :stuck_out_tongue:

I do :wink:

Good name for a movie too :stuck_out_tongue:

I think flirting with Sera for the first few times she wouldn’t understand it and choose to ignore it (thinking that the MC flirting is just one of those 'common Magi habits) and continuously doing so she confronts them about it, they explain and she doesn’t like the sound of it and ask them to stop, similar to this:

Sera: Why do you do that? You talk so strangely half the time. Are you unwell?
MC: Er No Sera… It’s called flirting.
Sera: Flir-ting? That sounds like some sort of control magic because it’s making me feel odd. Please stop.

Then you can choose to take it seriously or drop it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@daydreamsincolor the question now for these dragons is whether their intentions for their political and religious purposes for good or ill? Mainly because I’ve played a lot of shadowrun and the first thing you must remember is NEVER EVER trust or deal with a dragon.

So punch magic is like chi casting and becoming an adept? Using magic to enhance physical abilities and resistance at the expense of our bodily health?

1 Like

Well I’m going to predict some of these followers are gonna start something sinister to bring a dragon back :wink:

I see, Punch magic sounds like the best magic for a battle ever. I bet some students do the slap bet around the academy… But it’s punch magic bet.

Is Cyrus/Cressida being the dominant twin in the story dependent on some stats or completely random?
So far I’ve met Cyrus:2, Cressida:6 or 7.

And btw, sounds like you have really big plans for this story, good luck with it!

@UmbraLamia
It used to be determined by gender (up until the 11/23 update) but now it’s randomized.

Thank you! :blush:

Moving onto a different character, I intrigued by Heather.

She’s a siren and from what I know, Sirens are sea monsters that use beautiful singing voices and their looks to lure Sailors into sinking their ships.

Of course Heather can’t do this because she would be sent to detention a lot. But I’m imagining that her singing can be a powerful use of control magic whether it’s intentional or not and this would mean she can manipulate others who have weak willpower, and If that doesn’t work she can just be damn charming instead.

Well, traditionally, Sirens are the murderous somewhat beautiful monsters of the sea. I can see all the suitmates having potentially interesting stories to tell. Excited to see what all the characters bring to the story.

Btw, I can see that the suite number is randomised as well.
and @daydreamsincolor You could check out King Vallance from RunescapeMMORPG for ideas on hidden rulers and people acting of their behalf, I believe there’s a community wikia for it.

I can see that each person debuffs the legends around themselves because Astrid doesn’t possess people but likes to be in control.

@Blazerules I’m starting to think punch magic is gonna be a thing. I spotted this when I chose the third option when Astrid was telling me to wake up.

And did you really want to talk to the person who got you nearly killed by a snake woman anyway?

Maybe. If only to punch her in the face.

When Mr. Dawson is telling us about different types of magic I can imagine this happening:

MC: Can I actually punch people with magic?
Mr. Dawson stares confused

@Nathan_Faxon
Heather has an affinity is music, and sirens in general are usually looked on suspiciously because of their powerful control magic.

Don’t worry, Heather definitely has plans for getting in trouble :yum: She can get people to do what she wants, but she’s not the most manipulative person around. She’s too…blunt for that. :joy:

You’ll learn more about Heather after the next update (likely before this Friday).

And I completely forgot that I wrote that! :joy: Ha! Better psychic than Sera! :yum:

@UmbraLamia
Thanks! :smile:

Wait Sera is a psychic? Oh this makes flirting with her that much funnier!

MC and Sera are in artifacts class, both
on their work. MC glances at Sera and smiles to himself, to which Sera snaps her head to look at him with utter disgust

WHY ARE YOU PICTURING ME NAKED!?

But regarding Heather, blunt as in too straight forward or blunt as in she’s a bit dense? :joy: Though I can imagine her to be a person who loves the attention.

Omg lol, this is going to be sooo much fun :smiling_imp:
Like the Brownie Cafe, they could be selling brownies, selling Brownies or owned by Brownies haha

Oh before I forget, I’m a little surprised nobody mentioned this before.
In the conversation with Astrid after the simulation:
“So why didn’t the person who came to get us for the simulation have a face?”

“Oh, that. It’s like I said before, he’s a doll.”

She answers like this even if you don’t ask her about the face thing in the dorm.
I do apologise if I overlooked something and this was intended.