Northern Winds: Dragonships. WIP (The last Dev Diary on 215)

Yep, one of the previous dev diaries I wrote about her.

@193

2 Likes

On choosing the Raider path. Can we freely choose where to raid or is it in random?

1 Like

It will be like a short story. Game itself is more to narrative and less to managing stuff.

1 Like

When I see screenshot of gains and looses comparing to raid and trade sections explore section looks less rewarding.

Will there be a long term gain for exploration?

1 Like

That is just brainstorming. I want all of them to be balanced. Perhaps even so that all gains and risks will be the same.

2 Likes

Just an idea, put the explore option under both trade and raid, because if I’m exploring there’s a good chance I’m looking for someone with which to trade, or… (wait for dramatic emphasis)… raid. If you didn’t see that coming, don’t worry neither did many a coastal village and or monastery.

3 Likes

Hmmm, you got there something. I will need to ponder about it a bit. Not straight cutting between 3 options, but giving 2 choices in same story…

2 Likes

Is Raiding and Exploration at the same time gonna be possible?

1 Like

Nope, after some consideration of what @Dartknight said, I changed it a bit.

Simple example -> you arrive at a subjectively interesting place, where you can do either - trade with locals, raid them or help them in exploring what troubles the region (usually mystical/lore stuff). So 3 ways how the player can go about this situation. For balance things (renown, wealth, and relationship) increase/decrease I can’t answer yet.

3 Likes

Simply incredible.

I liked the way you write, but I have a criticism, I think it lacks more dynamics.

2 Likes

Oh, thank you! As I haven’t published anything or written that much my writer’s voice is still developing. :slight_smile:

Can you elaborate on what you mean by a lack of dynamics?

1 Like