No selectable option and ``` not working for cut and paste

I’m having trouble with no selectable option at 322

The code is as follows, line 332 is where *choice is

To make things more difficult, using ``` isn’t working when I cut and paste?

*if (sirmalcolmdead = false) #Run
*label runnotdead
You are forced back as the ambling abomination presses on. Soon it will have you trapped.
*choice
*if ((headjar = true) and (headjarused = false)) #Put his head in the jar
You pick up Lord Percival’s head by the hair and gently place it in the jar. Excess fluid spills down the sides and you screw the top back on tightly. Inside the jar the head blinks wildly and mouths a silent scream. You hurriedly add it to your backpack, glad to have it out of sight.
*set headjarused true
*goto stepsforward

*if ((headjar = true) and (headjarused = false)) #Don't put his head in the jar
																							Sir Percival's head stares up at you and you experience a brief but intense sensation that he is begging for you to take him with you.
																							*goto stepsforward
																						*elseif #Test
																							*goto stepsforward

*if ((headjar = true) and (headjarused = false)) #Don't put his head in the jar
																							Sir Percival's head stares up at you and you experience a brief but intense sensation that he is begging for you to take him with you.
																							*goto stepsforward
																						*elseif #Test
																							*goto stepsforward

No selectable option usually means that non of the presented conditions are met.

In this case look into headjar and headjarused booleans and what they are set to when you reach the choice.

1 Like

Many thanks, for some reason I can’t cut and paste ```, just the first line is showing

I will clear my cache etc and see if taht helps

It does work, however your code snippet is indented through the roof, the whole thing is shifted to the right out of the viewport.

edit: might be helpful, if you’re using advanced text editor (like n++) you can increase (tab) or decrease (shift-tab) indent levels of a selection of code.

1 Like

Oops! Thanks for spotting that

Yes, I have created a bit of a nightmare for myself , I am slowly working through the too many options . At first I was approaching this quite logically but as the day has gone on I have created a spaghetti mess of code and am now testing it and patching it up that way instead.

I’m done for the day now though!

1 Like

I’d advise to try to avoid falling into the pit of nest upon nest of *choices. That can get messy really fast. Dividing these large sections into more uniform *labels and *goto’s, while more work, still will save you a lot of trouble with dozens of indent levels…

Good luck with your project :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.