Nexus [Inactive]

Pretty cool. :fox_face:

In the drunk friend question. The puppy option was meant as a sarcatic reply, or it means MC would really find him a puppy?

also whats the “replicant” thing?

1 Like

@pizzawarrior
Thanks for taking the time to read the demo and commenting! I aim to further improve my craft as I put together the rest of the narrative. The details on the first case will be fully released by the end of next week at the latest. I will hopefully to have also further fleshed out the other options.

@cottoncandy
Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I will fix that before next week as I complete filling in the rest of the narrative surrounding your character’s first case, since their brief and temporary retirement.

@Hearts

Thanks for reading the demo. In the prologue question, the puppy option was actually intended to be a genuine effort from your character’s part in attempting to make their friend feel better about themselves. As for the “Replicant” you are referring to, it’s just a neat little reference to Blade Runner. When I was writing that, I originally intended for it to be a little easter egg. Although now that I’m thinking about it, I might decide to give this aspect of the story a lot more significance than I first intended. That is, if people are interested in that.

3 Likes

Update.

Added in another 3000 words to the total word count. I have introduced another RO in Chapter 1, and your character meets him as soon as they try to gain access to the crime scene. Douglas Lyons is still one of the other ROs, and I have at least two more female ROs to add in.

In fact, I want to take the chance to clarify something – in this game, I’m not going to include a variable that will store your character’s sexual orientation and use that as some form of a “check” that determines your eligibility to pursue a RO. I am coding this project in a way that it gives you the freedom to pursue the relationships that you want.

7 Likes

Thanks for replying. :fox_face:

About the Blade Runner reference, if ur able to put it all together without screwing up, i can see no reason y u shouldnt. Besides its ur story, u can do whatever the fcking hell u want :upside_down_face: .
U can even make a pink glittery unicorn as a main antagonist. Just make it cohesive( coherent? ) and then write a story about it.:+1: :v:

:thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:?

1 Like

I too keep getting stuck at

chapter1 line 344: It is illegal to fall in to an *else statement; you must *goto or *finish before the end of the indented block.

@Hearts @The_Lady_Luck

Should be fixed now. Thanks for letting me know.

2 Likes

Another one :upside_down_face:

i choose the option to just catch some sleep :fox_face:

@Hearts

Should be fixed now. If any other of those options are giving you trouble, ring me up.

1 Like

Update.

Chapter 1 now has 6181 words. The total word count is around 8300 words. I have yet to add in the branching narrative for your actual forensic examination, but I have fleshed out most of the dialogue involved with one of the NPCs, which you have the option to talk with.

And also, you get to meet your character’s new best friend – a black notebook. The Note-taking system I introduced in the first version of the project draft will be returning full force in the next couple days.

9 Likes

Pretty Good, i always enjoy a good crime novel, i just hope it will be challanging…
Anyway no typos thus far, keep up with the splendid work

So I was here when it trapped me

@ChaoticJackal

1 Like

@MzSnugglez_Fluffybun

I will fix that in the next update.

Wait…you are working on this and the great lizard? Nice

This is really good. like, really good. i created an account just to comment and say how much i enjoyed it. I’m definitely going to keep an eye on this one because its one of the few forum WIPs that i wanted to read every word of every sentence never felt bored during descriptions.

3 Likes

Minor update.

Found a game crashing bug yesterday. Took some time to figure out what it was. I realized that there was a lag in the update for the startup.txt for the one on Dashingdon and my local machine, so I decided to upload the current copy I had. Should be working now.

As it stands, one more route is still under construction before I move on to Sequence 2 of Chapter 1.

If anyone has any ideas on how to improve the deduction phase of Sequence 1, please let me know. I get this gut feeling that the way it’s currently structured feels a little awkward.

3 Likes

The game ends after playing the prologue, instead of going into chapter 1.
Is that on purpose?

@The_Lady_Luck

Sorry, I’ll fix that.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.