Next in Line (WIP) (Update: August 29 2022) - Moved to Twine

Ah I see! Do/did our parents have the same eye or hair colour as mc or do they have a set appearances?

Hi, as far as I’m aware: Identicals can only be when the gender is the same. Never seen a malexfemale identical twins.

But since we can choose the mc gender, then yeah if you make a male mc they can be either one.

Anyway, this story has a lot of potential. And I enjoyed it very much (last night when I couldn’t sleep…it kept me company). However, the pacing feel a bit rushed.

As well as our Mc reactions feel…odd.

Meaning about the scenes feel rushed? The ball, you only get to talk to 4 peoples.

And you don’t do much before ‘It’s time for bed’. Then it’s ‘Next scene, morning come, meet your mother, mother speak about your father death, you rush out of the room upset…go to your room! Oh look, it’s dark! Time to sneak out’.

As for the reactions? it’s similar. The mc get all sad, then felix say something and she is laughing, then back to sad…

Does Felix has to tag along everywhere? Sniff He is a pompous drunk who has no manners or control over his behavior when drunk! Thus I crown him insufferable and pompous! Fan self :rofl:

Getting in the way of my broken heart who want to be mended, the audacity!

Kid: Grown up are gross!
Mc: And brat make good snack if they keep interrupting the sacred Smoochies :joy:

Anyway, those are my feedbacks! Still loved the story regardless :wink: good luck!

4 Likes

Do/did our parents have the same eye or hair colour as mc or do they have a set appearances?

So, the King had the same eye color as the MC. Can’t remember for hair :sweat_smile: but the parents do not have a set look and some of their appearance will be depend on what MC looks like. I don’t touch on it much in the demo though, but probably will add some flavor text later in the game.

3 Likes

Them not being identical twins is intentional, so that’s canon but I suppose people can think of them as identical for headcanon purposes.

I’m sorry that the scenes felt rushed and the reactions seemed odd. The demo only covered about 2 days of time but it’s a period of time where MCs life is thrown upside down, so there’s a lot going on for them. They are also grieving the loss of their father.

But, I do appreciate your feedback and will try to keep the future chapters from feeling rushed. Although they will each cover about a month of time so hopefully they won’t feel that way.

Thanks for trying my demo.

1 Like

You are welcome! and please, you don’t have to apologize for anything. It could just be my own perception being wrong. Often when something is good, it feel like it end too fast when you were just getting warmed up and wish it could never end. :hugs:

But I though I mention it just in case :wink:

1 Like

Love the demo! :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Looking Forward To It GIFs | Tenor
Well, consider me hooked. I consume medieval IFs like bread.

5 Likes

About the lion and wolf pet will they be grown up or are they still cubs?

1 Like

I agree with @E_RedMark feedback. The story has a lot of potentials, and I had gone through several playthroughs. I enjoyed the lore and the world-building.

Take this with a pinch of salt, but what cut out my immersion in the game, was the way the MC was treated and the way the MC answered.
These are some specific moments:

When Anna slaps the MC neck it’s odd. I mean, even being old friends as they are, the MC is royalty and that is no way to behave. I would love a choice to put a stop to this behavior. Also, when she is being pushy.
When the MC is with Felix in the kitchen, Felix tells MC to clean up his mess… I mean, the MC is royalty, is the Harbinger. I cannot understand why anyone respects MC enough.
Another thing -but I guess we will know more about it later- is that if F was your first love, how did F get married during this period of five years if they say that they wanted to make more money to be with the Mc?

Again, please, take it with a grain of salt- it feels like the MC lacks choices to voice their opinions.
But I do love what you have already, I enjoyed the way you write. I want to see how this story ends.
Edited to say that I loved the pet options.

6 Likes

That’s your best question about F and not her having the same name as you? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

has her though? :face_with_peeking_eye: :upside_down_face: :rofl:

1 Like

You gasp, “Anna, is that Freyja?”

See, now you owe me an autograph for not telling me you were in this game :grin:

3 Likes

Thank you for playing :slightly_smiling_face:

Honestly, I imagined them grown, as it would be a pet they’ve had for a couple of years. But if enough people want a cub, maybe I will give the option. I have to write separate scenes/text for each animal so I don’t want to make it too complicated on my part because I have a tendency to mess up and put code in the wrong place :sweat_smile:

Hey - that’s fair. For context (and I’ll try to emphasize this more in future chapters), MC has lived their life up until this point believing they could step back from most of the royal responsibilities and live a somewhat normal life once the war had ended. They are not a blank slate because they’ve already lived 21 years.

Felix is a straightforward character and that’s part of his personality. However, I can definitely be mindful of giving MC more options in terms of reactions and things like that and I will keep that in mind for future chapters, as I think it’s a good point :slightly_smiling_face:

And yes, chapter 2 is going to reveal much more about this situation and I’ve already planned it out so I feel it will tie up the loose ends and answer some of the questions from here.

It is intentional in the demo because part of the story is taking control over their life when they’ve been forced into situations that they never expected. I hope that will become more evident as the plot progresses. Thanks for playing and providing your thoughts, I do appreciate it!

8 Likes

Sounds interesting

2 Likes

I was originally hesitant in playing this, but then I did and realized this is damn good. Keep it up!

2 Likes

Can’t waittt for moreeeee :heart::sparkles::sob:
It’s sooo good and quite promising too

2 Likes

Thank you so much @Harley_Robin_Evans @Drakona and @Suzumi :grin:

2 Likes

@writerindisguise I just found out about this game today and finished the demo. I’m already hooked lol. I’m excited and looking forward to seeing how the rest of it goes.
Also, this is the first game I’ve played that had the touch-averse options. I thought that was cool. :smiley:

Oh yeah, if Constantine was picked as the person standing behind the MC. There’s an typo and error. The eye color didn’t match my MC’s eye color. But that’s all I saw.

1 Like

I really loved this! Your writing style is immersive and the characters personalities are well differentiate without them being a cliche. You can totally guess which character is saying one thing without reading who it was in the first place.

As feedback though, when you flirt with Felix, the character tells you that “he’ll fight for what he wants” and is very adamant in making MC be interested on him, however, later in the story, when he and F find Anna and MC, he starts teasing his sibling about MC and it gives the sensation he’s playing matchmaker, which doesn’t make any sense to me.

Anyway, good luck!

2 Likes

No Scorpio huh, its fine I get it we are the best sign everyone else is just jealous XD. No but seriously this seems good so far so I am keeping a close eye on its developments.

2 Likes