New Transgender Game

I can’t help but worry for the awkward high school dances if you choose to go I imagine. Or if they will be implemented

I will fix the name issues tomorrow. Thanks for letting me know.

& as for school dances, there is the homecoming each year, prom years 3 & 4, & possibly another

1 Like

Minor thing, but I was looking at the code a bit and I noticed that you could improve the code by removing some of the repetition. The current text:

So your name is ${bname}! That's a nice name.

Appears 285 times, each for every name it seems (that’s a lot of names! wow!).

You can replace all of that with one entry by using *gosub. Simply add the code below anywhere in your file:

*label niceName

So your name is ${bname}! That's a nice name.

*return

Then instead of the “That’s a nice name” for every name option, just change that line for this instead:

*gosub niceName

That way if you want to change that text you will only need to change it in one place :slight_smile:. It will also trim on the word count and give you a more accurate amount of words.

What is happening is that the code will jump to the label, and then go back to where it was called from when it reaches the *return, so it will always go back to where it was called without needing to have the same text entry everytime.

I also noticed you added a “South American” ethnicity. As a Brazilian myself I feel that is a little strange. This option should be clear that it refers only for the ones that were native to latin america, before the europeans came; as of now Latin America is very diverse with a mix of ethnicities, but nothing really of their own except for the pre-columbian natives. Like in the US, in Brazil you will find many Asians, Caucasians, Indigenous and African ethnicities.

But anyway this is something minor so I don’t really mind.

I can only imagine how complicated things will get if you’re born a boy but you’re spiritually a girl and going to change later in life. but also you’re attracted to girls.

2 Likes

Can confirm; it is complicated.

2 Likes

Can also confirm, though without the changing later in life part. It’s unsafe to transition where I am from, and I’m also a bit old so I’d have to also make use of elective surgeries, and I don’t have that kind of money.

Don’t ask the question “Why don’t you move?” because that is even more complicated.

But yes, that is complicated.

3 Likes

Anyone who ever uses “Why don’t you move?” As a question deserves. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boY7i11aYRA

2 Likes

When I put my MC’s two ethnicities, My character will only get girl names. But my male MC is a boy, so will you add boy names to the game?

So where exactly are you getting the error? Looking at the code, I can’t find it

Nvm, I think I see the problem.

& how are you guys looking at my code?

after “url/mygames/”, we add “scenes” to see the available scenes.

I am curious. Are there planned characters for my MC to confide in about their identity feelings? Like a guidance councilor in high school?

I’m not sure yet. U can talk to ur friends about it (& mr richards if ur relationship is high enough n 8th grade), but I dont have anyone else planned yet. I can add someone n, cuz i never thought about that (my school never had a guidence counselor so)

It was just an idea or thought :slight_smile:

1 Like

Someone sent me an email & I thought I’d post the answer here:

In college, anyone who is firstly native american will get an extra 500 a year in college (for supplies & stuff), while people who are native american with their secondary race will get an extra 250.

There will also be scholarships based on your other stats & each year you can apply for a grant that will get you an extra 1-5k for supplies or anything.

That’s really cool of you to input into the game.

This game taught me the proper terminology for Intersex. I’ve always thought “Hermaphrodite” was the right term because in nature documentaries they’ll refer to some creatures as Hermaphroditic. Now I know to use Interested on the occasions when it comes up.

This came up in conversation with my husband so I’m gonna post it here.
This is how college will work:

Dorm Rent: $50 a week
Tuition: No tuition!!!
Grants: Grant awarded each year (1k for first year, 2k for second, 3k for third, 4.5k for fourth, 5k for fifth, 6k years 6-8). Used for supplies, food, and rent
Scholarships: Random chance of getting a scholarship. Will be a temp variable each year. variables 1-5 get u money, while anything over earns nothing (chance may increase depending on degree & year). Variable 1 earns the most, while 5 earns the least.

You can get food from a vending machine (cost less but might decrease health), canteen (cost more, possible increase in health), & chances to go outside the college to eat (fast food, restaurants, ect. More expensive but chances to interact with teachers/classmates/roommates)
There will be various items you can buy that will improve your study chances/temp skill, help increase stats, & even items that give you extra boost! (Think something like energy drinks. They will be very pricey, but might increase a stat by 1-10 points).

Items to buy include (may change):
Laptop (general laptop, high spec, high power)
Extra pencils/pens
Calculator
DVDs for classes
Books (1 book for each class, will be a temp variable. 5 classes a year)
Art Supplies (including digital license for programs)
Science Supplies (personal microscopes, specimen collector kits, ect)
Specialty Books (for masters & Ph.D.'s only, these will give you insight to true information)
Testing Books (only available at the end of the semester, will improve your chances of getting extra credit & getting an above average grade)

1 Like

I feel obliged to post this because of the topic of college and work

Lois from Malcolm in the Middle;:I’m sorry, but it’s not enough. You know what it’s like to be poor and you know what it’s like to work hard. Now you’re going to learn what it’s like to sweep floors and bust your ass and accomplish twice as much as all the kids around you. And it won’t mean anything because they will still look down on you, and you will want so much for them to like you and they just won’t. And that’ll break your heart, and that’ll make your heart bigger and open your eyes, and finally you will realize that there’s more to life than proving you’re the smartest person in the world! I’m sorry, Malcolm, but you don’t get the easy path. You don’t get to just have fun and be rich and live the life of luxury.

1 Like

Tarik dreams of becoming a soccer star.

Evelyn dreams of being… Well I don’t know if YouTuber is a career yet but YouTuber.