Setting a simple counter along with *hide_reuse

Hello everyone,

I’m new on Choicescript and I may need some help if u don’t mind, i’m a French guy so maybe it play a little on how i’m searching my answer without find it (And god knows i’m searching a lot before creating a topic, i mean it’s quicker to find it myself if i’m able too)

So there is my issue :

I’m trying to create 2 hobbies for the character, named :

• First hobby
  • Second hobby

But the problem is I don’t know how I can disable the first choice they made when they have to choice the second one, and I don’t know how i can block the number of choices to 2.

I tried a lot of things, tried to create 2 labels “Hobby1” “Hobby2”, the *hide_reuse command which work but I have to use *goto Hobby1 so I can’t go to the introduction of the story unless I select all of the choices available…

I really need help on this, thanks you !

I would start by taking a look at

and

Those should give you some basic pointers. If you like, post your code, and we can give you some specific tips.

It sounds like you want to set a variable like *temp hobbychoice 0 at the start of your file.

Then each time you choose a hobby, after the choice, *set hobbychoice +1.

Then you can make the options in this format:

*hide_reuse *selectable_if (hobbychoice < 2) #A choice

And then have something like

*selectable_if (hobbychoice >= 2) #Done!

at the end.

Thanks you, I managed to fix it with an another topic and your post ! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.