New omnibus "Hosted Games" app

I doubt it’s possible, as standalones are sold by iOS in your case which HG doesn’t have any power to manipulate the items. HG can give you an access to the website version though, as long as you can provide your purchase receipt.

If they are older HG games which actually have standalone versions on iOS, then yes. You’ll need to email support AT choiceofgames DOT com, and have your Apple receipts. Usually you can find those in your iTunes account.

I do not know If the issue is already known, but in every one of the apps, I have to start the new game before the button to buy it shows the price and is clickable. This is also occuring in the Hearts choice App, with the Adfree Button. This might prevent some people from buying the games, If they do not click in the Play Button.

I’m not clear exactly on what you’re reporting, but I repro very slightly in that the Purchase button was having a significant lag in showing the price on the button, in the COGnibus when loading the details page of any game. But waiting a second made the price load up :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

I tried that with several games, but in my android version, even reloading does not show the price, it only shows up, after I clicked the play game button and then went back to the store

We don’t repro that on our end on Android :frowning:

As ever, try closing the app, closing it in the background/clear your app cache, and re-open.

1 Like

Are you a US customer? I think there’s a query we try to run to tell you the price in your local currency, and that sounds like it might be part of the problem.

No I am from germany, so that might be the problem, it only occurs with a new title, not the older ones, I emptied the cache and will try again, when the next game gets published. It is only a minor error and it does not bother me, I just wanted to report, that there might be an error.

Does it show a price in Euros? Or in USD?

1 Like

In euros, when it shows a price.

1 Like

Now it works perfectly

1 Like

I’ve been having a problem purchasing any games through the app, the purchase button just dosent seem to do anything. Is this a known issue or is this something on my end that I’ve messed up somehow?

1 Like

You could try to First click in the read Button. When you get Back to the purchase site the Button should show the price, then it works.

1 Like

I did not want to do this as a bug report or anything until making sure it wasn’t just me. Has anyone else noticed that the review numbers on the iOS omnibus have not refreshed in many days?

1 Like

Ah, a fellow obsessive ratings-looker :wink:

Same for the CoG Android omnibus app. Don’t think any review numbers have updated in the last week(?) I have a cleared cache, so it’s not that.

2 Likes

Always glad to know I’m not alone in my manic search for data.

1 Like