New Hosted Game! Tudor Intrigue by James Young

Hosted Games has a new game for you to play!

Enter the court of Henry VIII of England, and lead the country through the reformation. Politics, religion, love, and war in 16th Century England. It’s 33% off until February 22nd!

Tudor Intrigue is a 175,000 word interactive historical novel by James Young, where your choices control the story. It’s entirely text-based—without graphics or sound effects—and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.

• Play as a nobleman or noblewoman.
• Change the religion of England.
• Mary the King.
• Make alliances and maneuver in court.
• Take part in high stakes trials.
• Seize the Crown for yourself.

James Young developed this game using ChoiceScript, a simple programming language for writing multiple-choice interactive novels like these. Writing games with ChoiceScript is easy and fun, even for authors with no programming experience. Write your own game and Hosted Games will publish it for you, giving you a share of the revenue your game produces.

23 Likes

I love Tudor history! This is really excited!

Though my knowledge of Tudor history makes me wary of perusing the “marry the king” option. Historically that didn’t turn out well for his wives :wink:

15 Likes

I definitely plan to give this a try! Curious to see how romancing characters like Queen Catherine or Anne Boleyn could change history…

Hi,

Is it deliberately “Mary the king”?

Greg

5 Likes
7 Likes

Thank you i have spent all day looking for this

1 Like

Why cant i see it in the hosted games tab yet?

Somthing is messing up some where. The new games are not showing up in the googel store.

Go to the paths of gratness chat and the link for that is in there

1 Like

First play was both fun and educational, even with my fondness for Tudor History! I tried playing as a Catholic loyalist and managed to get Mary on the throne, albeit aggressively. Will try being Protestant in the next go and see if I can change up history by marrying Anne Boleyn before the King gets her…

2 Likes

Reminds me of that King Henry VIII song, “divorced, beheaded, survived.” Very tragic ends for his wives.

I hope this is eventually released on Steam in the future, I must get this. I may have to cut cards with the devil and get it in the app store.

5 Likes

Could i turn the king into a Mary? O.o Owo oWo

1 Like

Loving it!!

“Roll a D6”

2 Likes

It’s not showing up in the Google Play Store I hope I can play it soon I’ve been waiting for a new game forever I love games like these.

This game is a bit weird with alternative history in how it assumes history will be exactly the same if characters are in different situations - I ended up saving Anne Boleyn and Thomas Cromwell and married Jane Seymour but the first two were still taken off the board (albeit non violently) and Edward simply had a different mother… I kinda thought that it might be possible to keep Henry and Catherine together or marry Anne Boleyn, but I guess not. Still enjoy the game though!

2 Likes

It seems that the Protestant alliance option is incomplete and not reflected when you go to war.

The real question is.

How many of my wives heads can I chop off?

Henry Chan notice me.

9 Likes

I’d have thought it was a pun if Mary wasn’t his daughter.

1 Like

This is one of the interesting royal house ever shaped Europe. I’ll surely give this a try…kudos guys!