The Race discussion thread

This is the first I’ve heard of this. What other published games are requiring a login?

I’ve written to Dan about the Race. Hopefully we’ll get that sorted shortly.

Should be fixed. Can someone confirm? Also, are there other games with a similar problem?

@jasonstevanhill The Race works for me online now, thanks! I tried all the other hosted games for good measure and they all work. None are asking for a login/password.

1 Like

Hey, Andy. I found a typo in The Race: “Life Saver: Save your partners life” (should be “partner’s”)

1 Like

Thanks Sam. I spotted a couple more errors too yesterday. I’ll change them for the next patch.

1 Like

Also, it looks like the achievements are missing on the Android version.

1 Like

Also, I found another typo:

“Do you want to take the first available taxi, or look around to choose the best one.” (the sentence should end with a question mark.)

Found another couple typos:

You start asking the local people what El Misti is. The first guy, an ageing man with thin, brown-grey hair, points roughly to the North. "Montana!". He says. The next man, speaking a little English, makes it easier for you. "Ah! El Misti! Big mountain. Volca.. Volcano!". He also points roughly North.
(there are periods after the dialogue)
1 Like

Can you please help me with the puzzle part or can anyone!?

Hi @Azaria_Hodge which puzzle part are you stuck on?

There is a bug with the released version of The Race and I am working on a patch.

In the mean time, here’s a link to the game which will work on PC and phone.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23448049/the%20race%2018%20oct%202014/web/mygame/index.html

1 Like

So when Mendez asks for the two letters i have 19 and 19 and i used the cipher and got ai but no matter how i put it in he says it isn’t right. What did i do wrong?
Also just a little bug, every time i restart it has me do the character customization part twice before i can start.

oh…its s not a and i… i was doing the numbers individually. whoops…

Yes, the correct answer is S and S. Congrats on getting he numbers right!

Could anyone give me some pointers how to save my partner’s life or how to enforce respect for the elders, please?

I‘m stuck there.

1 Like

Maybe put indicators so that people don’t go to these when seeing the phrase “new game” only for it to be a years old post.

I saw that the creator of this game is still quite active on here and thought he may remember.

I think it’s fine. This is a discussion post for this game the mods usually try to keep stuff together. It just doesn’t come up in the forums often.

The game’s been out for eleven years, I think a title change is fair.

1 Like

For ‘Respect your Elders’, you need to choose April as your partner. Go to breakfast early on the first day, then ask your partner for help. Ma’am and Sir are correct.

For ‘Save your Partner’, again start with April. When the rock falls as you climb the mountain in Arequipa, find somewhere to hide.

Thank you for taking the time!

I’m looking forward to your next game.

1 Like