An Alien's Life (Updated - 15th August)

@Keeperixx: Yeah, I should’ve had more of those options actually, I’ll probably go back and edit a few of them in.

@CreepyPastaKittyFay: Sorry haha, I was originally going to put the next scene in too but it was getting late and I just wanted to get the chapter out.

3 Likes

Added Chapter 4 and the ability to skip to later chapters.

It’s only 3/5th complete, but I’m eager for some feedback so decided to release it now. Let me know if you like how some of the abilities work.

5 Likes

Started playing super stoked by the way! But I got this

1 Like

I got stuck in some of the options where my MC Frieza (yes, I’m calling him that from now on) is in that human cafe, specifically past the part where Frieza picked the “Read the Newspaper” option, the game gave me errors whenever I picked the ‘karate kick’ option or when I tried to pick the ‘dive out of the way of the crazy cafe man trying to kill you’ option.

Though I’ll admit, the image of Frieza just casually sitting in a human cafe eating a sandwich while reading a newspaper somehow gets a slight chuckle out of me.

2 Likes

Yeah, something seems to be up with the Cafe scene. I got the same error throwing coffee at the guy’s face.

1 Like

That’s werid :confused: must be something specifically to do with the new update, as when just chpt3 was up, worked fine for me, tried it twice.

1 Like

Thanks everyone for letting me know. It was a silly error related to the skipping chapters function. Fixed now.

2 Likes

Now that those errors were cleared, I can say the demo’s additional chapters were pretty fun. Keep up the good work!

1 Like

I really appreciate that. I should hopefully have the entirety of chapter 4 completed tomorrow.

can you add a save function

1 Like

Sure. Shouldn’t be too hard.

1 Like

good cause i hate it when dashingdon screws up for me.

1 Like

Added CJW’s save plugin, it seems a little buggy on Chrome though. Note: I haven’t implemented auto-saving so you’ll have to save and load using the buttons manually.

2 Likes

eh that was what i was wanting anyway. Also my house’s plumbing got screwed up.

1 Like

Don’t really want to put too much effort into something that won’t be in the released game, but maybe I’ll add auto-saves later. Any flooding?

I just want a way to save progress when i miss click. Thank you.

1 Like

What did I do?!

Also, back on topic, I’m super-de-duper-lucky alien! Then I had an untimely death! I’m going back in!

2 Likes

There’s quite a few of those :slightly_smiling_face:. Hope you had fun with the luck run!

i see you changed your user name.

Yeah, turns out ‘Mario’ probably isn’t the greatest marketable or unique name one could have haha.

2 Likes