New Beginnings : Medieval Era

Bookmarked your post Im happy to fix the little nit picky things ^^

Glad the I’s are better people like you and the beta testers were really helpful ^^

I’ve been trying to teach myself to be more I conscientious ^^

The stat screen will prompt untill you progress the story after you made the choice ^^

The stat screen doesn’t refresh untill an option is picked, or there is main story progression .

I will look it over though, just to make sure it isn’t something i possibly did on my end (I made sure to test it before hand though ^^)

Glad you are happy to see what is coming next ^^

Edit:
Okay got a similar report from a beta tester, but for a specfic option, will have it fixed asap ^^

1 Like

Just took a look at the new stats screen. I really like how you’ve made three different settings for it. Each of them look nice. I think I’ll be using the half-expanded one for future playthroughs.

As for the information itself – I think there’s too many stats and some of them feel redundant. Perhaps combine a few like Respectful/Disrespectful and Polite/Impolite or Compassionate/Cruel, Merciful/Merciless, and Loving/Unloving, or Serenity and Inner peace/Turmoil, or Leadership and Authority, etc. Or if they really are all needed you might want to hide a few from the player and have them work behind the scenes.

I also noticed you don’t have a save system on dashingdon – why not use the save system that’s included on the website? I think you just have to check a box, if I remember correctly, and then put the save code after the *create/achievements section. :thinking:

2 Likes

Glad you like how they look. ^^

Yeah, someone else said that, will certainally relook at it, and combine/remove similar stats for the next update ^^

I used a forum javascript save file, and i didn’t see an option to include custom scripts to dashingdon (but will look again)

If i can’t find a way to use it for dashingdon, i got similar request so i will simply code a soft coded save for the dashingdon version(the script made by CJW hard codes it based on browser data)

2 Likes

The dashingdon version now has the save system in it.

Thank you to @expectedoperator to pointing out the check box i missed ^^

I took down the downloadable versions, as they are a bit of a hassle given this new fact. ^^

Enjoy ^^

PS:
Anyone who is a beta tester will be seeing some content to test friday, as for everyone else, i’ll let you know when the release will be once i get an idea ^^ (It will definetly be by, or before the 31st, but other than that i can’t say ^^)

2 Likes

@The_Armored_Fish what if my save doesn’t save when i come back to the website

1 Like

Since it is a wip game, saves will break at times unfortuently.

Not really anything i can do about that sadly ^^

@ThatsOk

Were you asking because of removal of the downloadable versions?

I could reinstate a downloadable version if enough people would like it.

@The_Armored_Fish no,i was just saying in general. thx for the help tho.

1 Like

No problem, if anything else comes up, let me know i will do my best to fix/remedy it ^^

@The_Armored_Fish. will do :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just gonna update everyone on the situation. A couple days before the update date i dropped and broke my laptop (i know clumsy right lol) brought it to best buy bought a new laptop and opted for data recovery. (Paid an extra $70 for this feature) They took it overnight, i came back next day to be told the hd was so damaged in the impact that they couldnt recover my data. Meaning, all the work i did for the update was lost and i was left with no choice but to get the game data from the online versions i had posted for you guys and start my work again from there. (I know i was stupid not to back it up online, learned my lesson trust me XD)

I am still working on the game, please bear with me while i reconstruct lost work. Ill do my best to get beta testers a new version to try out soon (tbh i didnt update beta version eno, lesson learned there as well i will update every friday the beta version with what i have on hand), and do my best to get this update out to all of you asap. ^^

Thank you all for your interest in the game, i hope to prevent this in the future (cause it sucks) and come out stronger for the temporary hurdle

~TheArmoredFish~

4 Likes

First of all… I will not go into my normal rant about wasting money there… all they do is plug it into one of their machines and click a button. Try a local business, not a chain store.
Secondly, we are all benefitting from you, via free entertainment, so take your time in updating and make sure that it is up to your standards before releasing it.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. If you want to reopen your WiP, contact the @moderators.

Hello all. I am happy to say that I am going to begin working on this game again! I can’t promise to update consistently due to time constraints, but I hope to make good constant progress none the less.

I am currently in the process of rebuilding what I had to begin with (as I lost all my data due to a computer failure which sort of demoralized me) and look forward to improving and hopefully moving this game towards meeting its potential.

Thanks for reading!

30 Likes

Hello all, just wanted to give a little update.

I have finished reconstructing all the data I had lost. I hope to begin making new content and releasing a new update to you all in maybe mid October.

As always, thanks for reading and stay safe. ^^

15 Likes

Nice, can’t wait

1 Like

Hello all, just wanted to give an update. Things are generally going well trying to get this next game update ready for release. Unfortunately, things have been a bit hectic for me as I will be moving soon, so the update is looking more like it will be the end of October rather than mid-October. But it is coming!

Stay safe everyone!

16 Likes

This was really good!! You had me hooked! I hope this can continue :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Hello all, I am sad to say I might have to delay again due to my hectic schedule. (I am a bit hesitant to say a date at this point) The good news is, the update is generally coming along well, it just isn’t quite ready yet.

I have finished Part 2 of the story, what is sorta holding me up is making sure I get the world lore and character profiles just right. I am currently finalizing a map of the game, and I found someone on fiverr who I am going to pay to make my sketch into a basic world map art for the game (to be added to the glossary). The basic character profiles are generally done, I am just working out getting them 100% where I am happy with them. The lore/glossary is a big project that I still have some work to do on before I’m happy enough with it to release. I have been trying to find someone to make a cover photo for the game for both the starting in-game page and to put on the top of this thread. I’ll try and keep everyone posted. Thanks for all the support you have given me. ^^

11 Likes

Then don’t :wink: the forum community should be a support system. We are happy when someone shares their project and please take the time you need.
I hope you are able to get some motivation from us and don’t feel pressured to update on a certain date as we know this is a hobby and we want you to keep having fun :blush::wink:

2 Likes