New Beginnings : Medieval Era

wish you luck on the new beginnings can’t wait see what you got

1 Like

@Illusiveacorn54 and @Takashi_Shin

thank you both for the positive comments ^^

Just had a good nights sleep and i’m back at coding and writing content haha ^^

This is the new cleaned up version of the stat screen. Not sure i’m liking this one either tho.

I might let the player chose their preference on this one, from three options.

Expanded (Everything on one page)(Like in the demo)

Half expanded (Core and Main stats on the front page, and more advanced aspects Condensed) (I think i’d prefer this, it would probably look nicer ^^)

Condensed (Pretty much what you see in the screen shot, everything has its own category within the stats screen to make it more readable and less cluttered.)

How about i just ask all you fine people. ^^

Here is a poll, let me know what you think:

http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=5c1e28fae4b0de411303fe7e

^^

1 Like

Okay guys, small cosmetic update (just to make what i have look cleaner and such)

Summary

-Rewrote the startup game descriptions to better fit the game.

-Changed the text for age slightly

-Added Occupation to stat screen

-Removed planned features from the start up page and only included already implemented features (planned features can now be found in my post)

-Added new text to the start screen telling you how much chapters are currently available (and how complete they are.)

On my side:(Something you can’t see)

-Made a separate demo project of the game, so quick fixes could be done quickly without mixing it with my not yet ready and broken experimental content (this should hopefully allow me to quickly edit and fix spelling errors without introducing a bug due to me messing with code for future updates)

Hope to release an actual chapter content update soon,

Stay Posted ^^

~The Armored Fish~

1 Like

I like idea keep going

1 Like

Game has been updated, you can now play all of a new and improved chapter one!

I hope you all like it.

Feel free to let me know what you think ^^

1 Like

I like what you got so far I hope to see where this goes. :+1:

1 Like

ty, working on chapter two now ^^

i apologize if my chapters are shorter than other games, its just my formatting style haha ^^

Stay tuned, and ty for commenting ^^

Looks like stat screen toggle is winning, so im gonna start implementing and fixing up the stat screen ^^

2 Likes

Okay all, i believe enough people have voted that i can make a good decision as to what you guys would like to see.

Based on the results, i will be adding a stat screen toggle where you can choose your own stat screen format.

Here is another poll for you all,

http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=5c1fdf47e4b0de41130400b2

It pertains to update frequency.

Please feel free to cast your vote and make your opinon heard!

^^

2 Likes

to me do what you like to do what you love

1 Like

I’m very interested in the game. I’d like to see it progress.

2 Likes

Ty for your interest, means alot ^^

I’m currently making the stat screen toggle, and making sure i have a complete and comprehensive list of what i want to be on the stat screens and why.

I started chapter two, i don’t wanna give a definite release date for it, but i estimate by the latest friday i will be handing you all a nice new stat screen and chapter.

Stay Tuned, and thanks for commenting

^^

1 Like

I like the new chapter one – not only does starting with your birthday and the introduction of your family give the information under “generation” in the stats screen more substance, but the lullaby at the end helps convey there’s something nefarious about the world this family lives in without directly stating it.

I noticed you’ve been using polls to decide the stat screen – are you able to create polls on the forum yet? It’d be much easier to vote on polls within the forum itself. :thinking:

Looking forward to seeing more. :relaxed:

1 Like

Chapter 1 is finished? I just get character customisation and then it ends?

Yeah, i format my chapters weirdly to some individuals.

Ending it at the point i did, felt right to me. (For a lack of better way to explain)

My chapters will probably tend to be shorter but more numerous than most games.

Just mostly a formatting preference.

Next chapter will finish up the char customization, and introduce basic lore (meaning it will probably be a bit longer than chapter one) and the third chapter will be the first real major branching choice.

After chapter two, my chapters will probably be a bit longer.

^^

I can create polls on the forum, i just have it in my head for some reason that it take up alot of space (probably unfounded, but i can be weird lol ^^)

I’m glad you liked the updated version, means alot ^^

I’m not 100% percent confident in my works yet, so i’m glad to hear a good amount of people are liking what im making ^^

I’ll make the poll into, a forum post poll, ty for the tip. ^^

I’m currently making chapter two, i hope that when it is released, you will enjoy it as well.

Ty for commenting ^^

Will be posting another poll.

This one is about chapter length.

^^

Edit:

Poll Posted ^^

2 Likes

Oohhhhhh i love medieval games so I’m looking forward to this!

1 Like

Hope i end up living up to your expectations, when this game is complete ^^

Spent all of yesterday, and looked at 20 different sites with character traits, values, etc i am now sifting through, removing duplicates, and ones that mean almost the same thing as each other in order to make a good , basic stat screen.

Am gonna also repeat this process with skills, genders/identity (because im sure i’m missing some), and any others i think need a good amount of research to be fully and accruatly covered

Sorry, i babble alot lol

Ty for commenting ^^

2 Likes

Poll Results Are In! (I feel enough people have voted to give me an idea)

I will from now on update whenever i finish a chapter, and a chapter will take on the following format:
(This also means that i need to get my butt moving to get you a full chapter one, (that follows our mutually agreed chapter standards ^^)

Dividing the game into over arching labeled parts (and calling this a chapter)

I’d keep my formatting the same, just for example four of my chapter will be labeled into an over arching chapter that we can consider one full part/chapter. ^^

Ex)

Chapter Name: It’s Only Just Beginning

Part 1: A Blank Slate
Part 2: Tis The Story of Our People
Part 3: The Bell and The Meaning of It’s Toll
Part 4: The Many Branches of Destiny

End Chapter.

2 Likes

Gonna be going to spend Christmas Eve with family, but figured id give you all a small sneak peak of what ive been working on ^^

Chapter Three: Nothing Stays Young Forever

In this world, all things must age, all things must die, and if you aren’t an elder, you’ll never stay young forever. You, like everyone else around you prove not to be an exception. From infancy to toddlerhood, and toddlerhood to childhood, your youth is ever fleeting. Gone are the days of depency and inability to reach understandings. You clutch a worn drawing that depicts the day you were born, you don’t remember anything about it of course, but in it your parents hold you close, smiling from ear to ear with pride, relief, and joy. Even now, though you have changed and become older, each and everyday, their pride and joy is still evident.

This is chapter three, because i thought it was going to be chapter two, but i felt it was a bit too soon to age the mc up yet, so i’m going to be adding in another chapter before it now. (After all, they didn’t get to experience their youth yet)

The Line up is now like this: (New Overarching names will be made in order to support the most recent vote)

Chapter Two: The Luxuries of Youth

Chapter Three: Nothing Stays Young Forever

Chapter Four: Tis the story of our people

Chapter Five: The Bell and The Meaning of its toll

Chapter Six: The Many Branches of Destiny

Also, here is a basic idea of stats i’m looking at :

Summary

Integrity/Disintegrity

Honesty/Dishonesty

Loyalty/Disloyalty

Respectful/Disrespectful

Responsible/Irresponsible

Humble/Boastful

Compassionate/Uncompassionate

Just/Unjust

Forgive/Condemn

Sincere/Insincere

Social/Unsocial

Generous/Selfish

Polite/Impolite

Kind/Unkind

Persistence/Impersistence

Open Minded/Closed Minded

Pessimistic/Optimistic

Loving/Unloving

Reliable/Unreliable

Content/Uncontent

Ambitious/Unambitious

Grateful/Ungrateful

Leader/Follower

Charming/Uncharming(Persuasiveness)

Inner Peace/Turmoil

Intense/Intense

Evil/Good

Fame/Infamy

Devotion

Adventurous/Unadventurous

Merciful/Merciless

Patience/Impatience

Flustered/Flirty

Serenity

Curiosity

Adaptability

Courage

Dependability

Conscientiousness

Self-Discipline

Leadership

Magical Affinity

Decisiveness

Ignorance (Gullibility)

Animal Affinity

Intelligence

Agility

Mental Tolerance

Physical Tolerance

Authority

Spirituality

Resourcefulness

Intuition

Logical/Illogical

Magic Reserves

Impulsive/Calculating

Idealistic/Cynical

Boldness

Humorous/Serious

Traditional/Innovative

As always subject to change, and i hope you all like this little sneak peak.

Happy Holidays to all who celebrate ^^

5 Likes