Nevermoore (WIP) (Update- April 5, 2021) Chapter 2!

Please do! :heart_eyes: wherever has romance, I always jump in blindly.

1 Like

Every time I open this I imagine a murder of crows repeating the title over and over.
What really helped this story has nothing to do with the story ironically…I was sitting outside the first time I opened the demo with food and a big bold crow landed on the table staring at me as it inches closer to my food right in front of me. It took me a moment to notice due to that bird sitting there, but the power lines were covered in birds mostly quite. I got creeped out a bit so I was about to grab my food and leave and low and behold there is now two crows on the table, and the first is pecking my food!

And this is how I now associate a murder of crows talking at me when I read this

9 Likes

If you can do, please introduce the ROs​:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: I’m very excited about them!:blush::blush:

2 Likes

@Drakeye That’s quite an interesting story you shared. I find it nice to see when people associate your creations with something else. Its flattering really haha. Though let me just say crows/ravens are often seen as omens of death…

@Venusian_Scorpio @anon57188313 Thank you for your interest. I should have RO info up hopefully before an update. And since I have no self-control, I’ve decided to draw them out as well. So look forward to that soon! :grin:

3 Likes

I normally only deal with one or two hanging around my general area. The crows are brave. The pidgins keep at a distance, unless you openly throw food then they pop out of the woodwork. The crows seem to not always care about me for some reason and get closer to me than others. Of course I usually don’t move around as much and am in my own little world. It’s not until the crows get in large numbers that I get cautious as they are like Hollywood frat houses in one they hit large numbers, otherwise they are just a little bit of a cocky puck near me.
Aaaanyways yea nice little association to keep the game in my head.

1 Like

I really like the premise thus far, and it seems really interesting. I love the demo, and am excited to see it when you have progressed further along. I’m definitely going to follow the updates, keep the go work! I can’t wait to see more :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Kendal_Glo Thank you very much for your support! It means a lot to someone who is doing writing as a hobby (for now!)

And now, by popular demand, and by popular I mean two responses lol (Thank you @anon57188313 and @Venusian_Scorpio!) Here is the info regarding the 4 gender-flipable ROs so far. Since I also like art, I decided to try and draw them out as well so it’s better to visualize their appearance. I admit the art could be better (The coloring is very simple and I don’t know how to draw shoes…). But I’ll most likely redraw them when I’m waayyyy further in progress with this WIP. And also there’s a little ‘spoiler’ thing at the end of each profile. Not enough to give everything away (obviously), but definitely enough to keep one wondering and guessing as to what is going on :wink:.

Please keep in mind that the character profiles may change in the future. But if it does, I’ll be doing it on the main post instead of on here.

About ROs

I only ask not to zoom too close to the art, because I feel like there’s going to be a ton of little mistake in it lol.

Micah/Miriam Sterling

"M"
Recorded Disappearance: 1922

Coming from New York with a soft-spoken and patient personality. Civil and generally polite to most people they meet, and tries to avoid conflict as much as possible. They also have a habit of being constantly alert of their surroundings, picking up sounds and sensations that would normally be missed by others. Nobody considers it unusual, however, because it becomes understandable once you meet them. If the pair of shades and a white walking cane doesn’t give it away, then their clouded blue eyes definitely will.

However, it’s best to remain wary of them. Because there is just something…off, in the way they carry themselves. Like a predator, waiting for the perfect opportunity to strike their prey.

Elias/Eloise Romero

"E"
Recorded Disappearance: 1989

Grew up in Cuba before moving to Canada to study journalism. They are often sarcastic and have a bit of a sharp tongue, directing it towards anyone that’s within their vicinity for longer than a minute. However, it’s known that they do genuinely care for the other residents, even though they’d probably rather die again than admit it out loud. They can also come off as rather nosy, always asking others (including you) rather personal questions and writing the answers in their notebook. They insist that it’s important, but don’t specify what they need the information for.

It’s weird that they still ask, because it seems like they already know about the lives of most the people. And their knowledge of the town is surprisingly already more than most…

Pavel/Priscilla Falken

"P"
Recorded Disappearance: 2003

The brightly coloured, mismatched clothes they wear match their upbeat, free-spirited personality. An aspiring cook, specifically a baker, who was looking to open their own cafe before arriving at the town. But even so, they won’t let the curse stop them from doing what they love, despite the potential risks (In fact, they’ve lost count on how many times their oven blew up on them). They also love to chat with people, especially with the newcomers. And wanting to make them feel welcome, they would usually give them some sort of house-warming gift like freshly baked cookies. They are also a bit of a perfectionist, sometimes ending up throwing out whole batches.

But the food they make needs to be its best. The same mistake won’t be made again, not if they can help it.

Simon/Sarai Zhang

"S"
Recorded Disappearance: 1967

They are a person of science, following the footsteps of their father. Can be mostly be found in the town library, preferring the company of books rather than people. Their stoicism makes it hard to get a read on what they are really thinking, and their bluntness sometimes puts others off. But they are hardworking, and take their situation more seriously than others. Which is why they are one of the only ones who is actively trying to find a way out of the town, as well as understand how it works. They’ve tried everything, and are still coming up with new ways and theories (and experiments) all the time. They are determined to escape.

They have to. For their father.

And if you are willing to share, I am interested to hear your first impressions on the ROs. Which one interested you the most so far? Which one are you excited to meet first as I continue working on the demo?

Thanks everyone and I’ll see you again when I actually update the WIP :sweat_smile:!

20 Likes
a bug

The ROs you created are fantastic! :blush:Everybody is different from each other and that means their reaction to certain choices would be different, i guess?:thinking: Would there be more ROs in future? Btw the art is good…way better than mine​:grin:
S interested me the most as he is the one who is still working out the ways to get out from that place. I don’t know why but I feel that his stoic nature goes well with his determination of finding a way out of that place. I hope that i get to meet S first!! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
Plz take your time working with the demo!! I am looking forward to it!!:grinning::grinning::grinning:

1 Like

Should be fixed now. Thanks for letting me know!

Hey! Played the demo recently, and figured I’d leave some good praise for you here. I really thoroughly enjoyed it a lot, and can’t wait to see where the project goes in the future :blush:

1 Like

@Cyphr Thank you very much for your support! It means a lot to me :smile: I’m hoping to get this project off the ground as soon as I can.

And to everyone else, thank you for being patient as you wait for the next update. I’m also in quarantine right now but I still have online classes so I can’t work on it as much as I would have like. But my semester will be finishing in less than two week so expect an update until then.

If you’d like to talk to me or ask me questions, I have a Tumblr Dev Blog now (Check out the top post for the link)! Nothing much is there yet though, but feel free to send me asks about the story, MC, the ROs, or even about the development process itself. I’m someone who gets really excited about these things so I’ll almost always reply! :blush:

Also, I did some minor sentence edits and grammar fixes to the story, as well as an added ‘cliffhanger(?)’ thingy as the end. Don’t get too excited its only 25 words :sweat_smile:.

5 Likes

Small update May 10, 2020.

Okay, sooo…first off I’m so sorry this took so long. Youd think that being in quarantine would make me write more but nope! Writer’s block really is a pain in the butt :sweat_smile:.

And second, I’m sure you’ve noticed the ‘Part 1’ in the title. Well, I felt really bad for leaving you guys with nothing for so long that I’ve decided to give you a small update in the story. Also because I’m too excited and impatient :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:. Dont worry though, the next part should be up in around 2-3 days. It’s word count is around as long as what you recieved now.

But if you’d like, feel free to check out my tumblr dev blog (link above) and ask me stuff while you wait. I’d really love to meet you guys!

Again thank you everyone for being patient with me. And I hope to see you really soon with the next update!

13 Likes

Intriguing update, looking forward to seeing where this goes!

Just a heads up, when using opposed pairs for stats, only the stat on the left side is an actual variable (the one on the right is just text, so doesn’t need to be a variable), so it’s the only one that will move the stat bar.

For example, with the way this choice is coded right now, only the first and third choice will actually move the stat bar, while the second and fourth won’t have any effect

#Take a few deep breaths to calm down. It's no use if I immediately freak out.
        *set Sarcastic %-5

#Great, just great. This is absolutely what I needed right now. 
        *set Genuine %-5

#Angrily yell (and maybe cry) out in frustration. There's no one around to hear me anyways.
        *set Stoic %-5

#I merely sigh, it's not like I can do anything else about this.
        *set Emotional %-5

To work properly, it should look like this:

#Take a few deep breaths to calm down. It's no use if I immediately freak out.
        *set Sarcastic %-5

#Great, just great. This is absolutely what I needed right now. 
        *set Sarcastic %+5

#Angrily yell (and maybe cry) out in frustration. There's no one around to hear me anyways.
        *set Stoic %-5

#I merely sigh, it's not like I can do anything else about this.
        *set Stoic %+5

Hope that makes sense :grimacing:

Oh, I didn’t know that! Thank you very much for the advice! :blush:

1 Like

No problem :blush:

May 20, 2020

Okay, won’t linger too long here but Part 2 of the small update has finally arrived! Sorry to keep everyone waiting :sweat_smile:. As I mentioned in the first post, the next update will be a big one, so I probably won’t be here until July at the earliest. I also found someone to commission for the RO art. You can find the first set either here or on my blog.

If you liked this WIP, I’d love to hear from you! Feel free to either drop a message here or on my tumblr. I’ll do my best to reply :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:!

Thank you everyone whose been following so far and see you again soon!

26 Likes

I like this wip

1 Like

Great demo with superlative writing. Keep up the good work. I look forward to the next update.

1 Like

@LiliArch, @Merr Thank you very much! It makes me happy to hear that you’re enjoying this!

June 20, 2020

So this isn’t an update that continues where we left off (I’m really sorry), but what it does have is some additions to the current demo! Think of this as a mini-update, one that’ll prepare you for the big one in a couple months. Ideally I want to have it up by mid-July, but knowing myself and how slow I write sometimes, it’s looking more between August and September.

But enough about that, what does this update have?

• The missing phone conversation with your mom.
  • The choice to not answer said phone call with mom.
  • A couple new skillstat based flavor-text during the car stranded scene. Some are more ‘important’ than others. Can you tell which parts?
  • Skill Stat explanations (That still need work)
  • Bug fixes and general grammar/sentence updates.

I admit I might be posting a little too early. But in my defense, playtesting on dashingdon mobile really helps me in picking up bugs/errors and weird sentences. So expect me to do a bunch of silent updates in the next 48 hours :sweat_smile:.

I say this a lot and I’ll say it again. Thank you everyone whose been supporting this project and giving it a chance! I know there’s a lot that can still be improved with both story and writing, but I hope it will as time goes on!

Thank you also for being patient with me and I’ll see you next time (I’ll be active on my tumblr if there’s any questions and stuff you want to ask me. Also to avoid cluttering up this forum!)

37 Likes